[3.11] YABB (Yet Another Bow Build) +5/+6 Ice Shot Chaingunner Delve 600+ Updated for 3.11

Hello! Build has been brilliant, just killed guardians and shaper yesterday with it. I've been messing around with farruls instead of hyrri's ire just to speed maps up. I was just wondering if any of the new jewels from legion are working with this build? anyways 10/10 for the build love it
When leveling this build now with the new tree, when do we take king of the hill. Do we even bother going down to thick skin after picking up lethality?

"
NeonAlesul wrote:
Hi! I really like this build and the dps is amazing so far, but I don't really know what uniques should I prioritize next, I already have bow,quiver and Lioneye's Fall.A watcher's eye is like 4 ex, The Taming is like 2 ex, and the others are kinda pricey as well. What are the must have uniques?

Taming is more important than watcher's eye as with demise you get 120% ele damage (from ignite, shock and freeze)

Green Dream is a good substitute till you can get Blessing of Chayula to upgrade and will be your frenzy generation.

Watcher's Eye is the luxury item when you got dollah
I make odd builds and sometimes write guides.
My updates and other junk are at https://www.youtube.com/user/Psywearebabylon
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
"
AlienFX_ wrote:
When leveling this build now with the new tree, when do we take king of the hill. Do we even bother going down to thick skin after picking up lethality?

I usually take it between level 50-60
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
hey guys, i hope u r good.
just decided to respec my deadeye and try some ice shotting.
im level 86 now and just have the basics covered, but its already quite good, a lot of action :)

a few quick questions:

- no quicksilver flask?
- how do we get immune to freeze? i cant spot any remove freeze on flask
- does no one use mirage archer for ice shot?
- can someone sum up for me again, what is the current best ice shot 6link and barrage 6l? there are so many different variations here in this thread. does anyone use GMP/LMP?
- how much life should i aim at?

thank you!
"
markuskanada wrote:
im level 86 now and just have the basics covered, but its already quite good, a lot of action :)

a few quick questions:

- no quicksilver flask?
- can someone sum up for me again, what is the current best ice shot 6link and barrage 6l? there are so many different variations here in this thread. does anyone use GMP/LMP?

thank you!

- quicksilver instead of Taste of hate if you want but ToH gives avoidance and just ID your strongboxes leading to
- Just don't get frozen :P (I just have it on another flask)
- nope Mirage Archer not needed for Ice Shot, you hit 60+ enemies a volley anyways
- Ice shot - Chain - WED - Added Cold Lvl 21, Inc Crit - Damage on Full Life (you can swap Damage on Full Life for GMP if you want super clear but you already have 2 arrows from Opus, +1 from Endless Munitions, +2 from Dying Sun)
- Barrage - Mirage Archer - WED - Added Cold - Inc Crit - Damage on full Life
Last edited by SynixProcessing on Jul 14, 2019, 10:17:24 PM
Nice build. Just wondering how you can generate power charge.thanks
"
"
markuskanada wrote:

a few quick questions:

- no quicksilver flask?

thank you!

- quicksilver instead of Taste of hate if you want but ToH gives avoidance and just ID your strongboxes leading to
- nope Mirage Archer not needed for Ice Shot, you hit 60+ enemies a volley anyways
- Ice shot - Chain - WED - Added Cold Lvl 21, Inc Crit - Damage on Full Life (you can swap Damage on Full Life for GMP if you want super clear but you already have 2 arrows from Opus, +1 from Endless Munitions, +2 from Dying Sun)

Thank you for your answer, highly appreciated.

I am not a very good player when it comes to building a char. I always need a little more guidance. It was not easy for me to follow your guide, there were so many different updates.... 3.6 / 3.7, legion/standard...pob (with some differences / mistakes), day 1-2-3 etc... I was quite overwhelmed at some point.

Is there any current end-game version of this build for legion, that I can inspect? I talk about profile links or something that you can recommend. Because your Legion character (your profile) is not really active i guess. And on PoE Ninja I can find only 4 characters in total that use Hyrris Demise.
Also hard to tell from there, what is the BiS items /skilltree for this build.

The thing is that i really love ice shot and wanna continue playing it for a while. I wonder if I should swap over to voidfletcher, as it seems a little more popular. But i love the chain so much. With voidfletcher I would lose 1 or 2 chains I think... What are your thoughts on this?

ANyways, i wish you a good day and thanks again

"
markuskanada wrote:
"
"
markuskanada wrote:

a few quick questions:

- no quicksilver flask?

thank you!

Thank you for your answer, highly appreciated.

I am not a very good player when it comes to building a char. I always need a little more guidance. It was not easy for me to follow your guide, there were so many different updates.... 3.6 / 3.7, legion/standard...pob (with some differences / mistakes), day 1-2-3 etc... I was quite overwhelmed at some point.

Is there any current end-game version of this build for legion, that I can inspect? I talk about profile links or something that you can recommend. Because your Legion character (your profile) is not really active i guess. And on PoE Ninja I can find only 4 characters in total that use Hyrris Demise.
Also hard to tell from there, what is the BiS items /skilltree for this build.

The thing is that i really love ice shot and wanna continue playing it for a while. I wonder if I should swap over to voidfletcher, as it seems a little more popular. But i love the chain so much. With voidfletcher I would lose 1 or 2 chains I think... What are your thoughts on this?

ANyways, i wish you a good day and thanks again

Hey man, yeah it's all good, everyone has to start somewhere. So the video's were more of a stepping stone till I got round to making a proper guide video (never got round to getting a mic or shit sorted, thus why it's not around) with legion I ended up hopping back to Standard as I wanted to try out a bunch of other things and ended up getting far enough into the league that I'll just wait till it goes core. The build is still the same league or standard, the items haven't changed.

The PoB link at the top of the post is what my character in Standard runs, (the gear and points etc) as I just exported my char out for people to base on.

You can do the Voidfletcher if you truly want to but personally I find the timed detonation of the void shot to be not as smooth as just doing more flat damage with the Hyrri's. (You shouldn't loose any chains though as they come from the gem, ascendancy and gloomfang)

It's up to you, both quivers are solid but with Voidfletcher you will need Fire and Lightning damage to bow attacks on Searching Eye jewels to work with the Taming ring.

I should be doing a level 1 to endgame tutorial soon enough as a long play video if that'll help
Last edited by SynixProcessing on Jul 15, 2019, 7:38:19 PM
So got a question for you, got an alternative to the gloomfang? As much as I would like to use it, can't find any elder rings that'll help with it currently. So until then I'm just finding myself almost dying because of how gloomfang be :p

I'm loving the build as well, it's quite fun and I'm finding it more enjoyable than the last build I was using.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info