[3.11] YABB (Yet Another Bow Build) +5/+6 Ice Shot Chaingunner Delve 600+ Updated for 3.11

"
Hi OP,

Hope you feel better soon and recover well.

I am trying out your build again, had left it in between and went for herald stacking. reached 36 challenges so back to this now.

Could you help me pick a combination of gems thats good for AOE and ST? I don't want to use 2x 6L.

I reallly hate dying so i want to build a more tanky char even as a BOW build.

Planning to use Kaom's heart for the flat 500 life. Not able to determine Ice shot 6 L which combo will be good for ST / AOE..

Also if i plan to make 'one' item set, would you recommend gloomfang or yoke?

I know don't mind having 2x 6 L as long as i can easily become tankier without sacrificing a lot of dps.

looking forward to your suggestions.

Tkc
Viz

Hey, thanks for the kind words, I did get better but by the time my tendons had lost the inflammation it was far enough into the league I decided to play some other games I'd either missed out on or were from the 90s and I fancied a rerun of :)
I will be back for Harvest. I miss PoE

So the AoE setup has usually ben
Ice Shot - Inc Crit - Ele Damage - Added Cold - GMP - Chain for +3/+4 (with gloomfang) chain firing 10/11 arrows with bow, ascendancy, dying sun, GMP and if you got lucky +1 arrow quiver (or super lucky with +1 chain which is the best mod on a quiver if you're Deadeye)

Then for single target, it is possible to do an Ice Shot ST with
Ice Shot - Inc Crit (if you have the 1.8% Hatred Watcher's Eye, and either +% crit to attacks on gloves or crit cluster jewels you can use Inc Crit Damage) - Ele Damage - Added Cold - Damage on Full Life/Inspiration - Hypothermia. Downside there is it requires a weapon swap due to different colours, or 2x 6L setup.

(Alternatively, it's not super optimised but I'm thinking
Ice Shot - Inc Crit Strikes (for 100% crit chance) - Ele Damage - Added Cold - GMP - Chain
Ice Shot - Inc Crit Damage - Ele Damage - Added Cold - Cold Penetration - Hypothermia.
This also allows you to swap out Ice Shot for Barrage if you don't like it etc.

If you don't use Gloomfang but keep the +20 life gained for each enemy hit by your attacks ring, a single pack can put you back to full life instantly (Barrage is also a bit broken with that as it's upto 220-260 life per barrage burst and the 0.8% leech from claw wheel)

Yoke of Suffering is for the Ele Damage can Shock so big hits is key (ST Ice Shot / Scourge Arrow is tops for that) Barrage can take advantage of Gloomfangs chain by targeting mobs and/or using Vaal Breach in boss rooms
You can also use a rare amulet but the mods you'd need for it to be superior are expensive. Something like
Spoiler

Onyx
+16 All Attributes
Allocates Throatseeker
+35 to all Attributes
+38% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
+89 to maximum Life
+18% to all Elemental Resistances
50% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
Gain 5% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage

The new life cluster jewels help majorly for getting your HP to over 5.5 -6K, if your HP was 4532 (my standard character with shitty boots) then swapping Hyrri's Ire to Kaom's will put you at 5722 life, but it will halve your evasion rating (which imho ain't worth it) and you lose about 20% of your damage from Hyrri's. If there's a cluster jewel that increases dodge of spell and/or attacks then I'd rather go with that as we already have evasion, blind (50% increase on the evasion rating, so 50% evasion chance with blind is 75%. Then dodge on top)

The main alternative to Hyrri;s Ire is Farrul's Fur for the HP and free Frenzy/Power charge gen, 0 mana Aspect of the Cat is nice too.

----------------
This isn't serious but it technically is a strat. Drop all life nodes, go pure damage, stack out everything and go for one shot everything build.
I make odd builds and sometimes write guides.
My updates and other junk are at https://www.youtube.com/user/Psywearebabylon
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
Last edited by SynixProcessing on Jun 5, 2020, 9:14:56 PM
"
fr00t wrote:
I'm doing the basic crit build with opus, really enjoying it so far, thanks.

Do you think the cluster jewel combo of cold conduction+stormrider is worthwhile? It seems the best option would be disorienting display/vengeful commander/stormrider/2 sockets and medium with eye of the storm /cold conduction/jewel socket.

And any potential for a second cluster jewel setup to replace lioneye's fall, especially given redundant blind from disorienting display?

From the OP, these were the ones I liked the look of, otherwise HP ones

"
3.10 Changes
I've listed these as I haven't got the jewels yet to test:
New Passives: Arcing Shot looks to be amazing and can by the looks of it replace Point Blank, with upto 100% increased crit chance at max distance and upto 50% increased damage with hits
Pressure Points: Crit Strikes have 5% chance to deal double damage and 40% inc crit chance
No Witnesses: 10% chance to gain Elusive on Kill
Untouchable: 30% Increased Evasion, 3% Dodge on Spell and Attack
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
"
Addendum:

Maybe a 4L Ice Shot and 6L Barrage?

Also, is there a reason why we use Immortal call over Steekskin?

It's personal preference, you can use either. I just found IC better at Delve 500+
"
bassinmaumee wrote:
Thoughts on nuros harp? I have a 6L that dropped for me (I'm on Xbox) figured I could you around with it with an ice shot build or maybe some cold to fire dmg build.

Sadly Nuro's Harp isn't as good as Opus (even post nerf) due to the lack of arrows, it has the same base crit. Chilled grounds not too useful (Taming procs on Frozen, although it does get 5% increase from Yoke)

If the bow had say 9% crit chance instead of 7.5% I'd say it'd be a good budget alternative till you got a watchers eye with hatred crit mod.

Ice Shot already has 60% conversion (100% with two nodes) so phys bows convert easy enough. Sure you save 2 nodes but they're 2 really good nodes.

Maybe a barrage or Tornado Shot setup could be viable, I'd have to test it as every Nuro's I pickup I vendor.

Sorry I can't be more helpful
Hey guys and thanks for this nice buildguide.
I will pronably start with iceshot next league.

One thing I noticed is that the formation of the guide seems broken so that it is hard to read. Is there any chance in fixing the layout so it is better to read.

Thanks and have a nice day.
"
SimplymeJP89 wrote:
Hey guys and thanks for this nice buildguide.
I will pronably start with iceshot next league.

One thing I noticed is that the formation of the guide seems broken so that it is hard to read. Is there any chance in fixing the layout so it is better to read.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Yeah no worries man, I didn't get a chance to tidy it up before, so when the patch notes drop I'll be redoing it all
I tried your build in league 3.9. I love it. But killing boss was really hard XD.

I intend to league start with your build in Harvest so I come back.
I'm so sorry to hear about your situation, I hope you get better and be able to play PoE again next league.

Thank you.
"
SoulOfMoon wrote:
I tried your build in league 3.9. I love it. But killing boss was really hard XD.

I intend to league start with your build in Harvest so I come back.
I'm so sorry to hear about your situation, I hope you get better and be able to play PoE again next league.

Thank you.

Thanks for the kind words bud, I'm all good now, been reading through the changes, even had a think about RoTC but I still think it's shit, (Give us back the pre 2.4.0 version GGG that's all we want)

So the big one I realised I missed through the guide is emphasising or over-emphasising how important base crit is. For example I'd say it's better to have a pair of Locthonial Caress's with "Attacks have +(0.5–0.8)% to Critical Strike Chance " implicit than some decent rares, as that 0.8% crit strike can scale so stupidly it frees up points for cluster jewels and/or life.

The big difference between mine and Aqualism's (which I highly recommend as an alternative guide, ours only differs in the minutia) is that I aim for a 100% crit rate without Diamond Flask and only use DF for a better Crit Multi roll due to it rolling twice.

The biggest change so far from the sneak peaks is Ungil's Harmony is gonna be banging for HoI procs
Hey mate, so Gloom fang just got gutted. Guess no more chaining shinanigans :/
My Ice Shot Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2660684

Standard Crafting Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2623978
Shit man just saw that, I wonder if it was because of my build or the old Magma Orb one they did that for lol

Whilst is has been nerfed quite heavily, the +1 Chain is still a 10% more multiplier from Ricochet so for earlier on when going to full crit or getting upto Yoke I'll probs still use it
Last edited by SynixProcessing on Jun 17, 2020, 12:16:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info