[3.7] ICE SPEAR TOTEM | 15.75 million shaper DPS! | 8k eHP (HP\ES - 38% MOM) | Easy all content

"
EDMOSES wrote:
I feel i am at the crossroads with this build, low Tier maps are getting too hard and just forget the new content and to be honest all the other content. I have just over 1ex if anyone can advise me how i can improve this build - thanks. I understand i am still low level but build is just not fun.

Char is Daryl_Again

I got around 0.5-1 ex of gear now and followed "blah2k6" tips here in the posts above. Tier 5-6 maps are easy now, but I can still die sometimes if I'm not careful. Lvl 81 now. This build is still slower than my other build I have in standard for this gear/lvl but it's working out kinda good now.

Look here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/blah2k6/characters
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/carpediem86/characters
Last edited by Carpediem86 on Sep 14, 2019, 3:18:26 AM
"
Carpediem86 wrote:
I got "Diamond flask" with lucky crit chance, but when I use it my ingame DPS doesn't go up. Seems strange.
Diamond flask won't show in tooltip dps. Your crit is based on dice roll / rng number modified by your crit chance whether you crit or not, all the "lucky" chance does is do the roll twice and take the more preferential one, there's a chart somewhere on the net how much crit "on average" you gain but it's all rng. However depending on crit chance you should see 10-20% increase of "hits resulting in a crit" over not using the flask.
No denying OP's video but found ice spear to be lacking for a lot of the game content.
Swapped to Divine Ire totems in an effort to save the build but i don'y do enough damage, maybe NEED the 6 link? not 100% sure if that would turn it into an OP build.
Anyway i was wondering how blah2k6 went with Arc totems before i give up entirely.
Thanks.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
No denying OP's video but found ice spear to be lacking for a lot of the game content.
Swapped to Divine Ire totems in an effort to save the build but i don'y do enough damage, maybe NEED the 6 link? not 100% sure if that would turn it into an OP build.
Anyway i was wondering how blah2k6 went with Arc totems before i give up entirely.
Thanks.

You could try out freezing pulse instead of ice spear. Seems to be the most popular totem skill at the moment.

I switched to arc totems for two reason:

1) the corruption altar blessed my 6l soul mantle with +2 duration gems. Vaal arc has a duration tag and therefore normal arc also gets +2.

2) after wasting several hundred enchanted fossils in order to get good ice spear enchant on an Iron Mask I gave up and chanced the one with Arc enchant that I had saved somewhere along the process.

I do not recommend switching to arc though. It feels weaker for bosses and the clear is "just alright"

I would also recommend dropping Marylene's amu if not playing ice spear.
Last edited by blah2k6 on Sep 19, 2019, 1:18:52 AM
if you mapped for a while and got some regrets and a few chaos, you can start the switch to siege ballista as i did.

https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/siege-ballista-ascendant-build-guide-poe-blight-38#faq

it's much better for mapping, single target is another story. just the contrast to ice spear.

i find it much better, especially with point blank you just set it in front of harder targets.

and starting gear is very cheap in comparison, for the cost of the helmet alone you can pretty much regear to cheap starters. like a six link white imperial bow is 20 chaos. push some essences or chaos on it until you get attack speed and maybe one added damage bonus.
change to gripped gloves.
buy a 1 chaos/alch "skirmish" quiver.

a few chaos for a starkonjas head.

just level siege ballista some first, because else they die immediatly.

for single targets i have for slower stuff the frenzy they say to use, and for faster moving/blight i have a curse on hit - projectile weakness - greater multiple projectiles - ball lightning

works well enough, feels better then ice spear
Last edited by imrofli on Sep 20, 2019, 11:17:55 AM
I used this guide and it's working quite well. Just took some tips from blah2k6 also. See my build here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/carpediem86/characters

Just cleared my first T15 map and it was easy. I got 6k life now + some ES and don't die so often anymore. I think a trap build can never be really fast though since you first have to put the trap out and then it will start shooting. I also nearly gave up around lvl 60-70 somewhere, but now it's working as it should. My equipment is not too expensive, just a few EX worth that I found on my way here.

My tooltip DPS is 48k with curses and up to 70k with flasks going. Everything in maps die quite fast, but high tier bosses takes a couple of seconds.

PS, I think "Projectiles pierce an additional targer" on gloves is important so if you don't have that you should enchant with it.
Last edited by Carpediem86 on Sep 20, 2019, 2:09:23 PM
i see 6 jewels with only 5 jewel slots???
"
GFYA wrote:
i see 6 jewels with only 5 jewel slots???

1 in the belt, Stygian Vise
Can you give me some tip for budget 50ex?
What i can do with path 3.8?
"
hieppv91 wrote:
Can you give me some tip for budget 50ex?
What i can do with path 3.8?

I followed this guide mostly, just changed a few things. Got maybe 10ex of gear and it's okay but not the fastest mapping and I still die quite easily since nearly no evasion or reductions. So I would recommend to try some other build.

Also this build is quite cheap since it got many uniques and you can't upgrade it too much. I think 10ex is enough, after that it gets really expensive for small upgrades.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info