Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

The Lost Souls Apparition Effect

Would be great if apparitions could be used as hideout decorations. This one would fit perfectly with a Vaal vessel decoration
A middle aged man trying to pee when having kidney stone.
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
GitGud, GitNerfed, Repeat.
please fix the shade of axiom apparition effect, whenever it triggers i see tealish sparks and that s it, the apparition itself doesnt show, tried it with removing all my other MTXs, the character effect, anything, it just doesnt show properly anymore for some reason.
Raise Dombies MTX when?, profile pic related.
roflanGorit in poe
damn thats a sick one!

loving it
"Ah, salutations my children... are you ready for your daily dose of smooth jazz?"
"
metaluca wrote:
Would be great if apparitions could be used as hideout decorations. This one would fit perfectly with a Vaal vessel decoration

I have been wanting this exact same thing. A great use for anyone who has extra specters sitting around. Plus it would be super awesome.
more visual clutter in town (this looks good but that's beside the point).
"
ChanBalam wrote:
I suspect that one of two things is going one.

1. Accumulated player points are a liability on the GGG balance sheet and it has grown to too big a number. Spending points on MTXs will bring that number down and back into a more appropriate number.

2. Cash flow is slower than GGG likes and the company needs to speed up point purchases (through direct point purchases or support packs). One way to do this is to offer more and new combinations of mtxs products.

3. Could both be true? Maybe. It kinda depends on how Tencent looks at the company: do they see it as a cash cow or as a growing asset based entity? More revenue is always nice, but too much balance sheet liability can hamper growth strategies.

Marketing 101: When the cost of adding new products to sell is low, offering one's customers more choices will generally increase sales. That is why the Sears Catalog grew to be so big in its heyday and why big box stores offer so much stuff. The question for GGG is at what point will their customer base just see everything as repetitious and boring and stop buying. Limited editions can help, but I think at some point soon they should begin retiring them. Then once a year they could bring retired ones back for a week long sale.

For me it is speculation and guess work, because I don't know any sales history, but marketing hasn't really changed much in the past 100 years. There are new channels, but people are still the same and respond in similar ways over the generations.

What the hell is all this about?

The only way GGG makes money is through mtx, and supporter packs (which are incentivized by cosmetics and come with points for mtx)

Suggesting they limit their mtx, and artists working on that, makes literally zero sense.

If you do want to go down the route of analysis paralysis and thus making the point (wrongly I might add) we have too many choices and thus select nothing, you have to also point out different price points, sales platforms (xbox and ps4) and market saturation (adjusting for new and returning players each league)

Bottom line (no pun intended) is that the GGG model has worked out very well up to this point. Some people buy stuff right away, some wait for sales or major supporter packs, and some only play free, or limit to account purchases like stash space only. I dont anticipate this changing.

Retiring armor sets seems foolish at best. I suppose they could have aged based price points(or heavier clearance sales), but if you think they haven't reviewed sku velocity on this topic already, you are crazy.

Playing armchair economist with a multimillion dollar company is either a signal of your massive ego, or your massive stupidity.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info