Path of Exile Player Summit in Korea

When melee/life/summoners buff? Defence rework when?
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Welcome all potential new players! Look forward to what you bring to the game :D
Is this a server for Korean localization on the international realm, or a separate realm? =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
It's strangely reminiscent of the Harbinger Language...
Watch Korea having automated trading system that we don't.
Yo korea is a huge market that's dope.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Not to sound rude but the Global Chat is already full of politics and things that are not even game-related (most of the time) and now you want us to read text we don't understand? :/
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Digging the usage of the word 'summit'. Just so much more politically charged than 'meet-up'.

Nevermind that its 100% wrong. A summit is always a meeting between two or more heads of state. I know you guys play it loose and fast with English, but...this is silly, even for you. There is no English definition of 'summit' that matches what this describes, unless Moon Jae In, Xi Jiping and Jacinda Arden rock up to debate PoE builds and international trade solutions that arent just an AH. At its loosest it can mean a meeting of the highest level executives, hence the word 'summit'.

That I spent the past half hour trying to prove myself wrong and failed probably won't even matter. I expected some bad changes with TencentGGG but I must admit, this level of arrogance and incompetence caught me off-guard. By calling the Korean gathering a 'summit', TencentGGG are explicitly placing Korean players higher than everyone else. Explicitly.

oh wait. vocabulary.com disagrees with every other dictionary site I found. Well then. Rock solid stuff. /s

TLDR summit is the wrong fucking word.

Turns out, you're not wrong. I fully intended to say "They're using the looser definition, which would be that leaders in their fields from different countries are meeting in talks",with (one of) the leader(s) of GGG, and their equivalent on the new Korean realm both present, BUT that actually isn't on any of the dictionaries i looked at.

Quite likely that GGG have unintentionally used a different word to the usual, intending this to sound more official, and have accidentally missed the mark. I would be surprised if the intention were to place the Korean attendees on a significantly higher social standing than its existing customer base.

EDIT:

Oh yeh, and Welcome along, Korea.
Last edited by magpye on Apr 15, 2019, 11:40:10 AM
xDDDDDD.
IGN: ??? (Fips_PoE - Conquerors Of The Atlas, Metamorph League)

Originally joined: Jan 29, 2013.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Digging the usage of the word 'summit'. Just so much more politically charged than 'meet-up'.

Nevermind that its 100% wrong. A summit is always a meeting between two or more heads of state. I know you guys play it loose and fast with English, but...this is silly, even for you. There is no English definition of 'summit' that matches what this describes, unless Moon Jae In, Xi Jiping and Jacinda Arden rock up to debate PoE builds and international trade solutions that arent just an AH. At its loosest it can mean a meeting of the highest level executives, hence the word 'summit'.

That I spent the past half hour trying to prove myself wrong and failed probably won't even matter. I expected some bad changes with TencentGGG but I must admit, this level of arrogance and incompetence caught me off-guard. By calling the Korean gathering a 'summit', TencentGGG are explicitly placing Korean players higher than everyone else. Explicitly.

oh wait. vocabulary.com disagrees with every other dictionary site I found. Well then. Rock solid stuff. /s

TLDR summit is the wrong fucking word.

It's not being used literally - just as a metaphor.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info