[3.7] MoMMeme | facetank it all | >2.5M Shaper DPS, >13k eHP, >13k eHP/s recovery

"
silverdash wrote:
Mind Drinker & Blood Drinker only apply to ATTACK damage. Or do we only take the notes for the other bonuses?

You are right - we apply them to increase max. life and mana + some mana regeneration. Life leech comes from Illuminated Devotion ascendancy.
DI ignite inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3080303/
(retired) MoMMeme hiero: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2487766
"
"
Knuckledust13 wrote:
Hey, absolutely loved the idea of the build. Gonna run it as league starter, since everyone and their grannys will be playing melee.

Thanks! I am also rolling a caster - so many cheap items waiting for us :D

"
Knuckledust13 wrote:

One question tho: what would be the alternatives to BL? I just don't like the skill very much, it's kinda derpy to me haha

Unfortunately, as far as I know, there is no alternative. You need something that hits very frequently and is a lighting skill (mana recovery through Mind of the Council). There is nothing faster than ball lightning.

Thanks for the inputs!

I think BL really is the way to go, I just started using it self cast for the first time and it's actually really smooth and powerful due to all the hitting.

I'm tinkering with POB and optimizing links - what do you think about wave of conviction on cwdt? Especially for bosses, if you have added light damage it will apply -25% to light res, leading to a huge dps boost.

Also thinking about swapping storm brand for orb of storms, because it can also help with clear speed due to all the chaining.

The new Mysticism node on the tree also seem really good, adding decent frenzy charge generation since we are facetanking alot, plus some block chance and cast speed.

This is the POB I modified from your version, still got 3 unused links on weapon 2: https://pastebin.com/qzZ8q1yq

Thoughts?
Last edited by Knuckledust13 on Jun 9, 2019, 12:49:43 PM
"
Knuckledust13 wrote:

Thanks for the inputs!

I think BL really is the way to go, I just started using it self cast for the first time and it's actually really smooth and powerful due to all the hitting.

I'm tinkering with POB and optimizing links - what do you think about wave of conviction on cwdt? Especially for bosses, if you have added light damage it will apply -25% to light res, leading to a huge dps boost.

This is a great idea! I do not know why I have not thought about it before. One single abyss jewel or ring can make it work really nicely. After plugging it in, Shaper DPS can potentially go over 3.5M.

"
Knuckledust13 wrote:

Also thinking about swapping storm brand for orb of storms, because it can also help with clear speed due to all the chaining.

I like the storm brand how it follows the mobs. Originally, I started with orb of storms as it is nice for bosses, but storm brand felt better for mapping. When you watch the shaper video, you can see that I barely cast ball lightning. Usually 1-2 casts of BL are enough to clear the pack, and the rest is done by the brands. They already have over 50k Shaper DPS, which is enough for almost all mobs.

"
Knuckledust13 wrote:

The new Mysticism node on the tree also seem really good, adding decent frenzy charge generation since we are facetanking alot, plus some block chance and cast speed.

I think this is a nice addition, but I will probably just add endurance charge generation on kill for my last levels. While mapping the frenzy charges are already generated by cold snap. Anyway, by the time you reach level 100, you will definitely know what you are missing depending on your playstyle.

"
Knuckledust13 wrote:

This is the POB I modified from your version, still got 3 unused links on weapon 2: https://pastebin.com/qzZ8q1yq

Thoughts?

I will keep cold snap as a single spell for CWDT. The reason is, it applies short reduction in action speed, which is a very nice defense. So I will still keep CWDT-cold snap-curse on hit-conductivity/enfeeble/temporal chains (I am tending to the two latter ones lately). The wave of conviction can be added to firestorm CWDT and replace increased duration (we will kill fast enough anyway). Feel free to replace firestorm anyway, as I also had a problem what to put in a weapon slot. Regarding the frostblink I need more testing. Flame dash gives you more travel speed at the end. I am testing it now with my new toon, and it seems that flamedash does not need faster casting anymore. Time will tell.

DI ignite inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3080303/
(retired) MoMMeme hiero: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2487766
I'm planning to try out this build. Here is the levelling information from the original post in order of progress that I compiled for my own use. I left the essentially superfluous requirement information of later items in, in case that someone wants to skip some the earlier ones.

Level: skill / useful items (requirements; quest/gem acquisition)

* Level 1: Spark (-; Nessa: Enemy at the Gate)/ Tabula(-), Goldrim (13 Dex)
* Level 3: Wanderlust (11 Int)
* Level 10: Flame Dash (29 Int; Nessa: The Caged Brute), Faster Casting (33 Int; Yeena: Sharp and Cruel)
* Level 12: Storm Brand (33 Int; Nessa: The Siren's Cadence) / Storm Prison (47 Int)
* Level 16: Herald of Thunder (41 Int; Yeena: Intruders in Black)
* Level 24: Reverberation Rod (83 Int)
* Level 28: Ball Lightning (67 Int; Siosa: A Fixture of Fate)
* Level 31: HoT + Culling Strike (33 Dex; Yeena: Sharp and Cruel) + Onslaught (-; Nessa: Mercy Mission) + Innervate (52 Int; Clarissa: A Fixture of Fate??)
* Level 32: Shavronne's Pace (59 Int) / Shavronne's Gambit(59 Int)
* Level 34: CwDt (27 Int;Petarus and Vanja: The Eternal Nightmare, 40 Str) + Summon Lightning Golem (35 Dex, 50 Int; Petarus and Vanja: Breaking the Seal)
* Level 36: Amplification Rod (83 Int)
* Level 38: CwDt + (Vaal) Cold Snap (18 Dex, 26 Int; Yeena: The Root of the Problem) + Curse on Hit (63 Int; Petarus and Vanja: The Eternal Nightmare) + Conductivity (58 Int; Clarissa: Lost in Love)

* Level 52: Cloak of Defiance (76 Dex, 76 Int)
* Level 57: Mind of the Council (64 Dex, 64 Int)

Quests to watch out for because of quest rewards:

Nessa: Enemy at the Gate
Nessa: Mercy Mission
Nessa: The Caged Brute
Nessa: The Siren's Cadence
Yeena: Sharp and Cruel
Yeena: Intruders in Black
Yeena: The Root of the Problem
Clarissa: Lost in Love
Siosa: A Fixture of Fate
Clarissa: A Fixture of Fate (??)
Petarus and Vanja: Breaking the Seal
Petarus and Vanja: The Eternal Nightmare
Last edited by Benep on Jun 9, 2019, 4:33:14 PM
Mmmm I'm really in doubt between Arcane Blessing and Conviction of Power.
The only real upside for me for Arcane Blessing would be the perma Arcane Surge. Is there a reliable way to obtain Arcane Surge w/o that ascendency because we don't spend any mana while on full ES?

If this would be possible I would really prefer Conviction of Power for the extra tankiness.
Maybe Command of the Pit gloves but its other stats are so bad...

Stupid question perhaps but erm, how do we get Arcane Surge before we obtain the 4th ascendancy?

EDIT:
I linked a lvl1 Accane Surge to Flame Dash for now but it doesn't trigger obviously on full ES and is not ideal. Unless... Shimmeron would deplete the ES just enough for Flame Dash to proc Arcane Surge. But would still need an increased duration gem linked to it.
Last edited by silverdash on Jun 9, 2019, 6:10:34 PM
--
Last edited by Benep on Jun 9, 2019, 6:41:04 PM
Hi, thanks for sharing this Build!

could you maby get a POE-Planner tree up ?

I'm running on Linux and have no PoB :/

would be really nice =)
Thank you for making the build, I used it as a league starter but I am running into some issues. I don't seem to have very much damage, I had a 4 link of the required chest but dropped it for a 6L and picked up MoM in the tree but even with a 6L the damage seems sub par.

Can you please take a look at my season character and let me know if you see any glaring issues for why the damage is low. Its low for even T1 maps and ive invested about 40c into gear so far.
I got 2 'el cheapo Shimmerons' (huge DPS increase!) but sadly now I lose all of my ES all the time. I can't outleech the 400-30%=280 lightning damage/second on my ES and thus I don't have it during combat. Is this supposed to be?

I have only 2.4k life at this point and well erm even though I have MoM (no cloak of defiance yet) that HP pool is really low without the 2k ES that I am missing now.

I tried Ghost Reaver and then I can outleech it but... the max leech-rate is capped so terribly hard that it does not feel like it's worth it.
Last edited by silverdash on Jun 10, 2019, 9:15:25 AM
"
silverdash wrote:
I got 2 'el cheapo Shimmerons' (huge DPS increase!) but sadly now I lose all of my ES all the time. I can't outleech the 400-30%=280 lightning damage/second on my ES and thus I don't have it during combat. Is this supposed to be?

I have only 2.4k life at this point and well erm even though I have MoM (no cloak of defiance yet) that HP pool is really low without the 2k ES that I am missing now.

I tried Ghost Reaver and then I can outleech it but... the max leech-rate is capped so terribly hard that it does not feel like it's worth it.

Just curious, what is the tooltip damage on your ball lightning with Herald of thunder? I am at work right now and cant check my own but I think its around 9k. I have 1 shimmeron and a pretty good rare wand.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info