[3.7] MoMMeme | facetank it all | >2.5M Shaper DPS, >13k eHP, >13k eHP/s recovery

"
Migski wrote:
"
AdventAng3l wrote:
I'm on the verge on giving up on this build. I'm almost level 80 and I've invested too many exalts on the gear and its completely under preforming. I dont feel tanky what so ever and I get one shot in high tier maps. Theres nothing about "Facetank it all". Is it my gear? perhaps my tree? Any advice would help. It hurts that i invested a large portion of my currency. I pray I can redeem this

I'm not really much of an expert since I'm still new to the build but maybe I can help? From my experience playing this build, the tankiness comes from leeching for everything and the MoM + large mana and ES. In leeching, you need the rings with "life gained for each enemy hit by your spells" mods on one or both (both is definitely better) cause there is NO other source of life leech for us except for the Atziri flask (which is a flask so can't be always active). There are also some nice "Lightning damage leeched as life" mods out there for necklace which is cheap that can add even more life leech. As for the ES leech, the support gem will take care of it (and the watcher's eye with the discipline mod if you're rich) while for mana the Mind of the Council takes care of it.

As for the large ES and mana pool, a large mana pool is easy to achieve if you just follow the build. As for the large ES, the reason we get a large mana pool other than sharing 50-60% of the damage is to get a huge ES boost with the Sanctuary of Thought ascendancy of the Hierophant which provides 30% of our max mana as ES.

So is any of the above missing from your build? Being level 80, I'll guess that you don't have the Sanctuary of Thought ascendancy yet but the others can be solved easily.

I have all of that just look at my gear. The leech doesnt help that much when ranged mobs all attack you at once and insta kill you.
"
AdventAng3l wrote:

I have all of that just look at my gear. The leech doesnt help that much when ranged mobs all attack you at once and insta kill you.

Can i ask how much mana, health and ES you have? And do you have a PoB?

Edit: If it's ranged mobs that's killing you, the only ones i can think of that can instakill you is the legion mobs in which case, dude, we can't facetank the legion mobs. We just can't. The best you can do is position yourself so you don't get mobbed, pop your flasks and shoot like crazy. :P
Last edited by Migski on Jul 27, 2019, 2:07:25 PM
"
Migski wrote:
"
AdventAng3l wrote:

2.7khp, 3.3k es, 4.4k mana. https://pastebin.com/mmxWK74j
Last edited by AdventAng3l on Jul 27, 2019, 2:15:22 PM
"
AdventAng3l wrote:
"
Migski wrote:
"
AdventAng3l wrote:

2.7khp, 3.3k es, 4.4k mana. i dont have pob since i play at an internet shop

What's killing you? If it's legion mobs, see my comment above i just edited it. If it's bosses, then you'll want to replace your jewel with slower projectile for more damage and more hits per BL. More hits means more leech. Are you using your flasks? They are quite essential especially the Atziri flask.

And also maybe you can use a healthy mind jewel on the socket above heart and soul. That should boost both your mana and, by extention, your ES.

Lastly, steelskin isn't very effective in low levels that's why if you plan on using a low CWDT gem, immortal call is better.
I already have 1 immortal call set up. Should i just remove steel skin? what should i replace it with if not immortal call?
"
AdventAng3l wrote:
I already have 1 immortal call set up. Should i just remove steel skin? what should i replace it with if not immortal call?

Well for me, immortal call is enough of a defense. If you feel that it isn't, you can switch to steelskin fully leveling it along with a fully leveled CWDT gem if you want it cast automatically or you can self cast it if that's what you want (though i wouldn't do this. you already have vigilant strike to give fortify buff anyway). Just make sure that the other skills in your CWDT set-up is separated from the steelskin setup if you want them triggering more often.

Other than that i would suggest to try out a healthy mind jewel as i previously stated and have a slower projectile gem to switch with your greater projectile gem when you're about to fight a boss.

Lastly play smart. Like i said, you can't really tank EVERYTHING, the author's Facetank slogan is a bit of an exaggeration to get attention though I do see this build as sufficiently tanky enough to facetank most hits despite this.

Also if you're having problems with getting one-shot by critical hits (which are probably the ones that really are killing you), i found that the Solaris major pantheon was very helpful in mitigating that, just upgrade it (thanks to pizzerr for the suggestion).
Thank you for the build…...i start with cyclone, and just doing the uber lab was very challenging ..... but, thanks to you, now I'm farming that at level 70!!! I can't wait to annihilate uber elder;)
Hello,

thanks for you guide, i'm in love with this kind of character (bought celestian ball lightning).
I've spend lot of exp on him and even if i'm 71 i can clear some red tier easy.

I have a question on your excel sheet.
How do you find the dps for each baal (pledge version) on pob ?

Thanks and cheers :)
"
nemrod10 wrote:
Hello,

thanks for you guide, i'm in love with this kind of character (bought celestian ball lightning).
I've spend lot of exp on him and even if i'm 71 i can clear some red tier easy.

I have a question on your excel sheet.
How do you find the dps for each baal (pledge version) on pob ?

Thanks and cheers :)

If you read back through a few pages of this thread, I'm pretty sure sprawdzampoczte answers this in detail. The short answer is that PoB doesn't properly incorporate Pledge of Hands/Greater Spell Echo into its calculations, so you have to trick it.
When using the 6L Pledge setup, can you combine the two cwdt setups into a 6L Cloak of Defiance?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info