Stress Free PoE| CURSIN’ VORTEX |ANY Items Work|Easy/Relaxing Play|Easily Clears the Atlas [3.6]

"
sophiepoe wrote:
Hey! Just wanted to tell you how glad I am you're still making builds!! I suffer from fybromialgia and played your zombie build back in Harbingers league; I'm super excited to try this build now that I'm getting back into PoE, occultist is totally my jam :D
Hey sophiepoe,

I totally remember! And just to make sure I was remembering correctly I checked your post history and your last post prior to this one was to my Zombie guide in 3.2! Ha ha. Sweet.

I'm glad you're back into PoE. I hope your condition is consistent for the most part and allows you as normal a routine as possible.

If you have any questions or suggestions for my builds or guides please let me know. I'm always looking to improve them and have them playable for as many would like to play PoE.

I hope you enjoy 3.6. It had a really rocky start. 3.7 is promised to be a substantial improvement.

Thanks for the praise! It's nice to hear from you again.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
well after a slow and hard start i got to lvl 70:). if this build works on maps as it does in reg. game then i have to say its the best build ever :).
i only got 1 question, why is it that u kept some of the skills around lvl 8 ?
"
Kingx wrote:
well after a slow and hard start i got to lvl 70:). if this build works on maps as it does in reg. game then i have to say its the best build ever :).
i only got 1 question, why is it that u kept some of the skills around lvl 8 ?
Well shucks :). Don't look at my last broadcast though. DON'T PLAY TIRED! ;).

Cast when Damage Taken has level requirements for linked gems to be cast by it. The lower the CwDT gem, the lower the level the linked gems need to be.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
well i got to tier 9 maps, and my problems begin. am getting 1 hit death from bosses. if u got the time could u look at my setup and see if i need to
change anything

ty
Hi Kings

I will not try to answer your questions. You seem to be playing a lot longer than i do. I just have some questions looking at your setup.I´m playing for just a couple weeks in ps4 and still trying to understand some game mechanics.

Are your curses triggering? they just seem to be missplaced in the gear sockets. doesn´t Curse on Hit need to be placed between the active skill and the curse. like in your helmet. Shouldn´t it be?

CWDT - Cold Snap - COHS - Frostbite

And in the boots;

CWDT - Actic Breath - COHS - Enfeeble

Gloves;

CWDT - Ice Nova - COHS - Temporal Chains

As i can´t see your entire build and check you ascendacies can you already support 3 curses?

Same thing for your frost bomb in shield. does it trigger with bonechill between CWDT??

What´s your overall Energy Shield?

I may be totally wrong here and if that is the case i´m sorry but it seems all you have to progress that far is really good resists and the vortex setup. ( can´t see what winter orb is doing there completely unsuported. tried it onde and having to stop every couple of seconds to channel it just wasn´t for me).

Maybe Wrecker can check your gear but i believe it would help if you put your build in pastebin so we can see it all.

As i said no answers here. Just questions i´m triyng to progress with this build also :)

Stay safe
Last edited by Masantos77 on May 10, 2019, 3:58:11 AM
thx for the input. i can use 3 curses. the winter orb is just there to lvl up. i have 6150 ES. the set up for the curses am not sure that it makes a diff. what order they r in, but i will try ur way to see if it makes a diff. its true that i been playing a long time but still dont know much :)
ok i tried the set up i got and it seems it doesnt matter what order i got it as long as they r linked.
Spoiler
"
Kingx wrote:
well i got to tier 9 maps, and my problems begin. am getting 1 hit death from bosses. if u got the time could u look at my setup and see if i need to
change anything

ty
"
Masantos77 wrote:
Hi Kings

I will not try to answer your questions. You seem to be playing a lot longer than i do. I just have some questions looking at your setup.I´m playing for just a couple weeks in ps4 and still trying to understand some game mechanics.

Are your curses triggering? they just seem to be missplaced in the gear sockets. doesn´t Curse on Hit need to be placed between the active skill and the curse. like in your helmet. Shouldn´t it be?

CWDT - Cold Snap - COHS - Frostbite

And in the boots;

CWDT - Actic Breath - COHS - Enfeeble

Gloves;

CWDT - Ice Nova - COHS - Temporal Chains

As i can´t see your entire build and check you ascendacies can you already support 3 curses?

Same thing for your frost bomb in shield. does it trigger with bonechill between CWDT??

What´s your overall Energy Shield?

I may be totally wrong here and if that is the case i´m sorry but it seems all you have to progress that far is really good resists and the vortex setup. ( can´t see what winter orb is doing there completely unsuported. tried it onde and having to stop every couple of seconds to channel it just wasn´t for me).

Maybe Wrecker can check your gear but i believe it would help if you put your build in pastebin so we can see it all.

As i said no answers here. Just questions i´m triyng to progress with this build also :)

Stay safe
"
Kingx wrote:
thx for the input. i can use 3 curses. the winter orb is just there to lvl up. i have 6150 ES. the set up for the curses am not sure that it makes a diff. what order they r in, but i will try ur way to see if it makes a diff. its true that i been playing a long time but still dont know much :)
"
Kingx wrote:
ok i tried the set up i got and it seems it doesnt matter what order i got it as long as they r linked.
Hey Kingx and Masantos77,

Even though you already tested it, just to confirm, the CwDT taken gems DO NOT have to be in a specific order (they used to...luckily not anymore!)

You can put anybody's characters into pastebin if their privacy settings allow it. If someone lets their character tab be public, you can go into PoB, select Import/Export Build, choose the domain, and put in the person's profile name. It's really handy.

So Kingx,

Your skills look great and they are really high level. You have a 6 link which is sweeeeet and everything is progressing nicely :). (An insignificant detail that doesn't matter at all is that your CwDT gem linked to Ice Nova accidentally got to level 2. It's not important nor will I bet you'd notice a difference if you changed it back to level 1.) I like the choices you've made with the Passive Tree and your gear's mods are good. You are really over capped on resists which is sweet and you have a couple boosts to ES recovery.

The ONLY issue with your gear is the low ES you have. I'm sure you know, but just incase those reading this don't, here's how ES on gear effects your character:

So, if an item like chest piece has ES as defense (in your case your chest has 76 total ES), all ES mods on that piece of gear will only impact the total ES for THAT piece of gear. If I find some white gloves that have a base value of 10ES, and then I use an Alch. on them and they get +10 to maximum ES and Also, +10% increased ES, those mods only impact the glove's ES. So I'd have 10 base ES, plus an extra 10 base ES, times 10%. So 10+10=20*.10= 21 total ES on my gloves.

So ES rolls on Shields, Gloves, Boots, Helmets, and Body Armour are all Local. ES mods on Rings, amulets, and Gloves are Global.

The thing to remember with this build is that the ONLY damage mitigation we have is Enfeeble. And it's a really amped up Enfeeble, but it's only applied once we get hit. So it's important for us to have as high as ES as possible for the sake of the first Hit's impact on us. MOST hits will come from enemies that already have Enfeeble applied to them, but there will enough hits per map that are without mitigation. So even though 5000 Life is a lot in Life base characters, ES characters can get much more quite easily. So in the meantime, while you wait for gear with high ES, just watch out for maps that can Hit really hard.

Does that help? The build looks awesome. You're doing really well. I'll post my gear with my Xbox account right after this to give you an idea.

Annnnnd

Here's my CI gear. As you can see, I don't have good ES rolls on almost any of my gear. Kingx, you and I have almost the exact same tree. You have 5100 ES and I have 7300 ES. I'm aiming to have 300+ES on my 4 links and 1000+ ES on my chest. But this is just to give you an idea of how much of a difference small increases to base ES can do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288
I am considering playing this for flashback, as I have never done a CI build and I feel like this would be a safe introduction to allow me to get a feel for how it plays and how to gear for it. I do have one question though.

Around what level or ES amount is the right time to move to CI? I might have missed it when reading the build, but not sure I saw that aspect mentioned. Thanks and good luck in the flashback if you play!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info