Stress Free PoE| CURSIN’ VORTEX |ANY Items Work|Easy/Relaxing Play|Easily Clears the Atlas [3.6]

Spoiler
"
AnnMaRou wrote:
"
Vortex will have a 0% Crit chance because of linked support gems. But the three other skills we have connected to CwDT are the skills that are initiating Elemental Overload. We aren't increasing the Crit chance of any of these spells but we are having all three of them cast every time we get hit. So even though each spell only has a 5 or 6% chance to Crit, since they are getting cast "all" the time, will have EO active quite often (less often with the 6 link combo we suggested).

Great questions, great post! Let me know if that didn't answer your questions.

You've explained it so well I immediately put everything back on their respective CwDTs lol. Also I had no further reservations to pick up EO after you explained how it works. Thank you! :D

Since then things only got better, so much so that when I got back for a bit to zombies to compare the performance I just couldn't do it anymore. Vortex build is so fluid, mobile and literally clears mobs on the go, I LOVE it!!

If that wasn't enough today in Canvas's recesses of lost memories an assortment of beastcrafted goodies dropped including a talisman with Aspect of the spider and the Fenumus' Shroud that complements it. I chose to ditch malevolence to free up mana reservation for the spider aspect and set off for testing. The mobs are slowed down dramatically before they even get to me and when they get served with the chains on top of that they are barely able to move! :O

I need to go deeper in the delve now to see how it all performes with monsters closer to my level.

When you have time I would appreciate if you had a look at my gear/tree progress and let me know what you think.

Sorry if I'm rambling but I'm just giddy happy with how things are going :)
Don't be sorry at all! I'm glad you're excited about the build! Your changes sound pretty cool. The most important part is enjoying it, so if the changes are fun, and you stay alive ;), then they are good changes.

In terms of your tree it looks great! I can see that you've thought about what to take early and leave for later and I think you chose well! It's very balanced. Good job.

Because your skills are a little different than the guide's, I'm not sure which gear you NEED for your playstyle and which you simply like. But in terms of the guide's suggestions and priorities (which may differ from yours) you don't have the resists for progressing deep in the Atlas. Because of the high amount of Unique items you have, capping your resists and attributes requires the perfect gear. The more Rares you have, the easier it is to gear yourself. If you are in LOVE with your uniques, I'd pick only 1, 2, or 3 to keep, then make the rest rares. My suggestions would be to keep the Heartbreaker. The Bated Breath has the increased ES Recharge, but it's only so valuable with the Occultist Ascendancy nodes. You helmet is good. With Aspect of the Spider, see how you like it. None of the Amulet's mods are helpful besides the Aspect of the Spider skill. The perks the other uniques provide aren't good enough improvements to keep them long term. (The boots make sense until another set of boots drop that give you 25-30% movement speed.)

Just focus on getting as high ES as possible. But having 75% resists is a must for going through the Atlas. This build doesn't have high damage mitigation so your resists are more important than ever.

I like all your flasks. I wish I could go that fast ;).

One of the great struggles with PoE is that so many tempting Unique items drop. They are so exciting. But most of the most powerful items in the game are boring Rares.

Oh, and this will conflict with everything I just said...don't change anything until you want to. :) If you're staying alive and killing things keep on going. Just keep the above in mind if you hit a speed bumb in progress.

Let me know how things go! Thanks for posting! It's fun to "see" your excitement!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hello,
like always, very very good guide :)
Thank you for sharing.
I do before the build of the necro, the chieftain also .
And now , i make a try to the occulist :)
Hello WOD. I am currently following this build with a STD character. I have just reached level 61, and I must say that the build has come into its own. It was a little slow starting out as I concentrated on the connecting nodes from the passive tree, and I am only now finishing up some of the juicier offerings. I have just acquired a body armour from my guild stash which gives 6% of max energy shield on kill, which is making me virtually bullet-proof. I currently have just over 5K life and will look to upgrade some gear pretty soon. Thanks so much for a very enjoyable build.
I meant 5K ES, not life!
"
Miraclis wrote:
Hello,
like always, very very good guide :)
Thank you for sharing.
I do before the build of the necro, the chieftain also .
And now , i make a try to the occulist :)
Hey Miraclis,

I remember! :) Thank you very much for the kind words (again). I hope you like it. Will you be going HC again?

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
HalfTon wrote:
Hello WOD. I am currently following this build with a STD character. I have just reached level 61, and I must say that the build has come into its own. It was a little slow starting out as I concentrated on the connecting nodes from the passive tree, and I am only now finishing up some of the juicier offerings. I have just acquired a body armour from my guild stash which gives 6% of max energy shield on kill, which is making me virtually bullet-proof. I currently have just over 5K ES and will look to upgrade some gear pretty soon. Thanks so much for a very enjoyable build.
Hey HalfTon,

I'm really glad you're liking it! That 6% on Kill must be really exciting to run into a group of enemies hey! Good for you!

If you have any suggestions for the guide or the build please let me know. Everything helps.

Thanks for taking the time to be thankful. I appreciate it.

Annnnnd

"
If you have any suggestions for the guide or the build please let me know. Everything helps.

What are your thoughts on taking Entropy and Arcane Will. The former is quite a nice DOT increase and the latter will give you about 50 flat ES. Not sure if this is worth it though.
"
HalfTon wrote:
"

What are your thoughts on taking Entropy and Arcane Will. The former is quite a nice DOT increase and the latter will give you about 50 flat ES. Not sure if this is worth it though.
Entropy is a strong addition. I wanted my tree to "end" at 90 or close to. I emphasized AoE increases over damage when the opportunity was close by. In terms of DPS, I included the pathways that gave the strongest DoT DPS per node. Some nodes like Entropy were REALLY close. So they'd definitely be the two nodes I take at 92 and 93. But take them anytime you want! If you care more about DPS than you do AoE, pick them sooner than later.

Arcane Will is up to you. This build doesn't really need any extra mana, just a little mana regen help. So having a node that give you ES based on Max Mana will only give you a little ES compared to a build that is focusing on adding lots of extra mana. So up to you if you want to add it in. Mana regen is a relatively easy mod to add on gear.

So to give you the short answer with my personal opinion, Entropy is awesome and Arcane Will isn't worth it.

Good post!

Annnnnd

"

There is only one mod that we can't run: Players cannot Regenerate Life, Mana or Energy Shield

You're using mana flasks and you can't run these?

There are THREE ways to get around these mods:
Easiest and most accessible: Mana Flasks

Next most acessible (unless it's beginning of league): Cinderswallow Urn

Next most accessible: leech enchant from lab on boots

I get what you're trying to do here, but wouldn't you want to have a complete guide to getting around the crappy mods?
"
"

There is only one mod that we can't run: Players cannot Regenerate Life, Mana or Energy Shield

You're using mana flasks and you can't run these?

There are THREE ways to get around these mods:
Easiest and most accessible: Mana Flasks

Next most acessible (unless it's beginning of league): Cinderswallow Urn

Next most accessible: leech enchant from lab on boots

I get what you're trying to do here, but wouldn't you want to have a complete guide to getting around the crappy mods?
Hey Ironsolid,

Thanks for the post! Those are good items to get around the map mod that we don't coincide well with.

The reason this build can't run Players cannot Regenerate Life, Mana or Energy Shield is for the sake of regenerating Energy Shield, not the life or mana. I personally only run Mana flasks because they get lots of uses, not for the mana they give.

Because of my medical situation, I don't make builds that depend on flasks. My flasks need to be as similar as possible so that I can use them efficiently (without needing to hit a specific button for a specific function). This build already has me hesitating on occasion because I have bleed and burning flasks.

Mods that require kills to regenerate your life pool are a very situational way to play. REQUIRING kills to increase your life pool is not reliable for Co-Op or boss battles. In co-op other players may get the majority of kills while many boss battles don't spawn enemies on a regular basis.

Your example items are good suggestions for people reading that want to avoid re-rolling maps for that mod. But on the other side, it requires almost no currency to reroll maps to avoid only one mod end game.

Thanks for the post! To answer your last question, the purpose of my guides is to provide new or experienced players an opportunity to just pick up the game and start playing no matter what drops. The wiki site and active community members are loaded with item and mod suggestions for those that would like to add any personal preference to the guide. But my personal guide rules are to not require anything specific (item or mod) to clear the Atlas easily while keeping the build easy to use, using one or two buttons.

Thanks for the post! And sweet boots :-).

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info