Development Manifesto: How We're Approaching the Melee Rebalance in 3.7.0

"
JIuBeHbOrH9I wrote:
How about letting melee skills be used together in a chain instead of support skills and let them have additional support effects when used in a chain like that?

This will make melee skills have interesting combos, maybe additional mobility when one of the skills in the chain is whirling blades, for example, or another new skill gem(s) design specifically for providing mobility for such melee combos with different such mobility skills having different additional effects, passive or active?

Such a change opens up a whole new level of new things that can be added to the game and it can be specifically tailored for melee skills and make them less "clunky" and more action oriented, instead of melee skills being either inferior to ranged, or like Reave and BF "stealthily" ranged themselves.

This is an amazing idea actually.

Seems like they could implement it pretty easily by giving melee skill gems so they grant the active melee skill and a "support mode" set of bonuses, kind of like Vaal Skill gems grant two different skills...

[EDIT]That said:

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
The biggest thing about melee is that in comparison ranged builds get it all.

Ranged have the extra free defensive layer of being at range while melee get fortify at a cost.

A lot of the mitigation to damage just dose not seem to matter at melee ranges

"
kalbright wrote:
One thing that is seldom brought up is that real melee builds require the player to move to the monster, during this time, the player is not DPSing and is usually being hammered / slowed, etc from off screen ranged stuff. So even if a melee skill has the same DPS as a ranged skill, its effective DPS will be much lower.

Melee skills (at least the non-ranged 'melee' skills) need to have significantly higher DPS than ranged skills just to be about the same effective DPS due to the loss of DPS by having to move to be in melee range.

This would be a stronger argument if GETTING to non-melee ranges in more than a handful of boss arenas wasn't like pulling teeth.
Awakened Combustion Support when?
Last edited by NoIguanaForZ on Apr 13, 2019, 3:34:30 AM
GIVE LOVE TO MELEE !!!
That's awesome, really looking forward to more fluid combat!
Perhaps allowing cleave on one weapon and double strike on the other and a combo gem would combine them and their supports into a single attack combination.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Can we have a development manifesto for Maps and changes to the Atlas please? It is devastating for SSF to have the map pool invalidated every league and results in huge amounts of wasted time and effort, quite apart from the map stash storage problem.
If there is really only a change on melee and no changes an range attack gems, i will end this game. this is the biggest joke i ever read from u.
Interested.
"
Twinkss wrote:
If there is really only a change on melee and no changes an range attack gems, i will end this game. this is the biggest joke i ever read from u.
You're complaining about ranged ?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Attack move please. Also just literally copy what every other hack / slay has done in the past 15 years or so. It's sad and hilarious at the same time seeing you fiddle around like that not even having a concept or direction.
well thanks alot the only skill Cyclone that had an almost immune except for a totally lack of chaos defense now channeled skill ? totally confused here ? Its alright tho the end of melee has been on the wall for years now only hope is whats up ur sleeve but my guess is its still the worst builds to try

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info