Development Manifesto: How We're Approaching the Melee Rebalance in 3.7.0

Good.
Celtic Woman - Tír na nÓg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhW1mh7U6-U
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
The biggest thing about melee is that in comparison ranged builds get it all.

Ranged have the extra free defensive layer of being at range while melee get fortify at a cost.

A lot of the mitigation to damage just dose not seem to matter at melee ranges

and stuff like the constant cyclone nerfing (direct or indirect), was there really any need to reduce it's AoE so much? when a ranged build can clear multiple screens in one hit, cyclone can only manage half, that and it's mana cost is ridiculos, and it still not being a channelled skill so you are having to deal with name locking taking you where ever it wants (seems arbitrary but you can click a few inches from your character and the distance travelled can be short or more than double what it should be based on where the cursor is)

I would also add this movement speed reduction is a bit too hight, maybe completly remove it , GGG ?
melee-winter-orb for everyone...
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Make Cleave Great!!!
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
How about letting melee skills be used together in a chain instead of support skills and let them have additional support effects when used in a chain like that?

This will make melee skills have interesting combos, maybe additional mobility when one of the skills in the chain is whirling blades, for example, or another new skill gem(s) design specifically for providing mobility for such melee combos with different such mobility skills having different additional effects, passive or active?

Such a change opens up a whole new level of new things that can be added to the game and it can be specifically tailored for melee skills and make them less "clunky" and more action oriented, instead of melee skills being either inferior to ranged, or like Reave and BF "stealthily" ranged themselves.
Last edited by JIuBeHbOrH9I on Apr 12, 2019, 12:22:08 PM
maybe give slayer his stunimmunity while leeching back, so you are not forced to play cyclone only ffs - and rework the stun shit, its fking useless since all your endgame bosses do not give a single fuck about it - also reset the leech max, you cant use blood rage + dmg on full life (make it melee dmg on full life again to fix the scion cheesers) anymore since you degen after 2-3s even with all leech nodes + VP - fix slayer, make it comfortable to play again
To make Slayer and Berserker great again!
:)
The problem with trading and market manipulation needs to be tackled first IMHO it's maybe about time to start to focus a bit more on quality than on quantity.

I know GGG won't sell much MTX with "quality control measures" but as for me i keep PoE untouched until GGG does something about it, and it seems i am not alone with this opinon.

- Best Signature Ever -
As cyclone will become a channeling skill, and Vaal cyclone can roll on the spot, why not let cyclone roll on the spot by pressing button like Shift?
One thing that is seldom brought up is that real melee builds require the player to move to the monster, during this time, the player is not DPSing and is usually being hammered / slowed, etc from off screen ranged stuff. So even if a melee skill has the same DPS as a ranged skill, its effective DPS will be much lower.

Melee skills (at least the non-ranged 'melee' skills) need to have significantly higher DPS than ranged skills just to be about the same effective DPS due to the loss of DPS by having to move to be in melee range.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info