How We're Approaching the Melee Rebalance in 3.7.0

"
BFGjstVnQr wrote:
Cyclone rework.

Cyclone is now a channeling skill with a range of 1, but gains +1 range for each endurance charge. Lose all endurance charges when hit.

If you have lost an endurance charge recently, you are chilled and slowed and shocked.

Cyclone now only costs 11 mana, down from 12.

Your random suggestion is just too random
Great news
Cool!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
MELEE LIVES, HYPE!!!!!
edit got me hard
eben
"
YohSL wrote:
Agh, finally.
Melee has needed a rework for the longest time. Specifically the animation system which has always been it's biggest stumbling block.
While your on it, I hope Claws get a melee skill worth a damn, esp one that is good for bleed.

Yeees, make bleed viable, it's about time

"
Joleco wrote:
So I guess finally we can have Multistrike without "wait, 200ms delay and then move". Yea its your attacking animation but. You pay once with less attack damage, the lock in place(when u dont have alot as) is paying once more

So much that

"
Felix35071 wrote:
On the topic of hit/miss feedback, I would also love to see feedback for when you receive a critical strike/savage hit. Something simple like a single flash of a bright vignette when you take a crit, and flashing the border around the life globe when you receive a savage hit, would both work well I think without making the UI too noisy.

Great idea

"
LightW2 wrote:
Melee Splash. One of the biggest problems.
No one is using targeted skills. Meta is too fast, one shot, one screen (at least a pack) must be cleared.

Two options:
1. Every melee skill must have AOE inside.
2. Melee Splash must have "39% more melee damage" no to be socket waste.

"
Vorsaa wrote:
Just make multistrike a Level 24 gem again = low Level melee fixed

Last edited by Yadeehoo on Apr 14, 2019, 10:16:09 AM
Cyclone Trickster incoming!
"Try not to die until you're dead"
- Give Facebreaker ailment scaling. I want to burn enemies with Infernal Blow again without it feeling useless, also bleeding sucks for FB. FB has extra gore but like no bleed damage? Doesn't really make sense when you smash heads and bodies... Things should splatter in guts and blood.
- Make Vengeance be usable by unarmed again.
- Also, let Riposte be supportable by Ancestral Call again.
- Oh, and give us some flat physical damage nodes FOR ATTACKS on the passive tree (some small ones at Ranger and Shadow areas and big clusters each at Marauder and Duelist areas).
- Oh, and give us "extreme gore" mtx which you can apply to skill gems. And literally let it fly guts and brains all over the place.
Unarmed for life! (although I do like maces too recently)
you mean rebalance the bugs and slow fix update?? LooL
Last edited by boyax031 on Apr 14, 2019, 6:54:48 AM
"
Joleco wrote:
So I guess finally we can have Multistrike without "wait, 200ms delay and then move". Yea its your attacking animation but. You pay once with less attack damage, the lock in place(when u dont have alot as) is paying once more

He's 100% correct, this is a huge annoyance regardless of what your attack speed is. You're planning to jump away with your movement skill after your animation finishes, but what actually happens is you're still locked in your animation, animation ends and you aren't holding your movement skill anymore, nothing happens and you die to whatever shaper slam or atziri spear you were trying to move out of.
Moving is a penalty already because you paid the mana cost of the skill and didn't get the hits in. You don't need to kill the character as well simply because they had multistrike equipped.

ALSO I MUST RE-ITERATE BECAUSE I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO BE ABLE TO SAY "WE DIDN'T THINK OF THIS" WHEN THE REWORK IS DONE

XP/HR, DEATHS/HR, AND CURRENCY/HR RELATIVE TO SPELLS AND BOWS ARE THE IMPORTANT PARTS OF THIS REWORK.

Because it doesn't matter how un-clunky you make melee if it still clears at 1/10th the speed of whatever automated damage spell/bow skill people are using these days (Hi winter orb/mirage archer) or dies twice as often. Nobody wants to play a useless character.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info