How We're Approaching the Melee Rebalance in 3.7.0

I continue to like what I hear about GGGs understanding of different aspecs of melee feeling awkward. I really hope this patch turns out great, as I have a hard time playing caster/ranged characters in these games.
Make BERSERKER great again!
IGN: ??? (Fips_PoE - Conquerors Of The Atlas, Metamorph League)

Originally joined: Jan 29, 2013.
"
1453R wrote:
Summary: "We're changing things. We're not gonna tell you what things until later, but we're changing lots of things because other games eat our lunch when it comes to melee."

...okay? I'm not entirely sure why it merited a Manifesto post, but sure. Be interesting to see what all these changes being made actually are. As it stands, more keen to see this 'simpler, scaled-back' league coming next time given the utter and complete burnout I've been dealing with since halfway through Betrayal.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bc1v8m/with_a_melee_update_ahead_in_37_please_consider/

The popularity of this post. It's not bad to get reassurances on what is planned to be done, and what is being experimented with. It's an open dialogue.

EDIT: It also makes it clear that they understand there's a lot more wrong with 'melee' currently than just dps numbers.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
Last edited by XigTek on Apr 11, 2019, 7:53:27 PM
Nice,can't wait to hit stuff again!
So you are re-balancing melee but do you plan to buff/balance some other attack skills that pretty lackluster as well or are you pushing that for another expansion after melee tuning?
"
Chris wrote:
In Synthesis, we performed an extensive rebalance of Spellcasting throughout Path of Exile. A lot of this work focused on a numerical rebalance of most skills.

We have indicated that the June 3.7.0 expansion contains a similar rebalance of Melee skills, and while we certainly do intend to numerically adjust them to make sure they're viable, the actual scope of Melee changes planned is a lot larger than we have indicated so far.

Players from other Action RPGs have occasionally criticised Path of Exile's melee combat for being "clunky", especially early on before players get a lot of attack speed. We are making various experimental changes to the animation system that should help resolve these concerns and really tighten up the feel of melee combat.

In addition to animation system improvements and melee skill rebalances, we are experimenting with changes to systems such as accuracy, melee splash, leech, fortify, various Ascendancy classes, the passive tree, hit/miss feedback, melee base types, movement skills and melee damage availability on items.

This post has been intentionally light on specific details because all of the above potential changes are ongoing experiments that evolve as we try new stuff. We'll post more information in the news over the coming weeks (with the majority of it after 3.7.0's announcement in May). We are very excited about these changes and look forward to sharing more information with you.

Pleeeeaaaase make 2H swords viable. I love this weapon type, but it's complete trash, due to how important attack speed & having 2 1-hand items equipped is.
"
1453R wrote:
Summary: "We're changing things. We're not gonna tell you what things until later, but we're changing lots of things because other games eat our lunch when it comes to melee."

...okay? I'm not entirely sure why it merited a Manifesto post, but sure.

I'm not entirely sure why your post needed to happen either, but here we are.
Thanks. Can’t wait for the details.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
yeee
🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters
Please don't forget with these changes that Unarmed is a thing and needs some attention, especially in how many skills it can be used with. Staves, Claws, and Maces could also use some love.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info