How We're Approaching the Melee Rebalance in 3.7.0

Well you guys need to boost the base damage of all weapons types and make Claws, daggers and maces to make it more as a intressting choice...

Ideas:
Claw = Boost base crit
Daggers = Faster attack speed base since its small
Mace = More damage base output since it heavy

and some specific new melee gems for those wep types would be fun to...

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.
Last edited by XTEGRS on Apr 12, 2019, 2:57:53 AM
So now melee chars won't get one shot but half shot?
Would be awesome to see some similar support skills that spells have now,
For example a support that gives you an insane amount of attack speed decaying really quick just to get that extra clear better and faster whenever you whirling blades and use reave for example.

Or that gets removed when hitting an enemy so you are still able to sleap slam around quicker.
Wooo! I'm done trying to make a CoC Cyclone work on my budget. Excited to see if CWC cyclone can be a budget alternative :)
Oh man I cant wait to see how you guys will fuck this up.

Literally 0 hype, it will all be superficial changes going in same direction your whole game has been going. Downward.

It will seem cool, but will just make the game more redundant and pointless I bet. As every other change you made so far.
Wake me up when you'll introduce proper ways to mitigate reflect damage.
"
Soske wrote:
Accuracy as a background stat has no place in modern games. Either you're close enough to physically hit them or you aren't. Either the enemy actually moves out of the way or they get hit.

It is also not interesting to scale. You either have enough to reliably hit, or you don't.
Cyclone being channel is something I've wanted pretty much since I started the game. But surely Cyclone being able to benefit from channel support gems would be far too OP. I would honestly just hope that it can't benefit from them as it would be too much to balance. The animation/way it tracks your mouse is all that should really be changed.

Stuff like CoC CwC (maybe shove in a Cospri or Mjolner too) Cyclone would be a bit much unless they counter it somehow by balancing the other stuff which could negatively affect other things too but who knows what their plans are.

EDIT: Okay so that kind of trigger stacking won't be possible but still really hope they don't mess up balancing the channel supports around Cyclone.
Last edited by nadiayorc on Apr 12, 2019, 3:43:43 AM
If by all of this you mean you are going to make the melee combat ridiculously fast-paced, then I am out. I like this game exactly for that, because it's not ultra fast paced like Torchlight.
Please, stop trying to please people who dont even play the game, and people who don't have time to play.
"
Chris wrote:

Edit: And Cyclone is now a Channelled skill.

You lying to us - cyclone is NOT channelled skill right now...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info