[3.6] Divine Ire Inquisitor

"
altair__79 wrote:
Can i change vaal regalia for carcass jack???

Well, you can, but I advise against it for a few reasons. Carcass Jack will give you less life, less ES, and less damage than a Vaal Regalia like the one I have (Which is completely dirt cheap). The only advantage CJ offers is the AoE, and some evasion, neither of which I scale at all in my setup. So, if those are stats that you plan to scale for whatever reason, then perhaps it will be worth it. You will give up A LOT of ES though. The maxmimum life gained as energy shield craft gives me something like 1000 ES by itself, which can only be added to rare items.
i am playing your build in flashback do you know somebody that will craft +1 frenzy
"
irlbot25 wrote:
i am playing your build in flashback do you know somebody that will craft +1 frenzy

Hey sorry for the slow reply. Hopefully you've found the craft. Unfortunately I don't! I rolled SSFHC in the Flashback event, so I wouldn't be an help.
Hey man, probably going to try this build when legion drops as it looks like the most interesting variant of Divine ire for an inquisitor. I just had one questions about jewels, could you make a few recommendations? Also do you have a POB link? Thanks in advance!
There's a POB link in the Spoiler section under Passive Skill Tree, it's even got options for leveling (level 30 tree, 70, 90, 100) - I've been following this build as well, and so far it feels phenomenal, although I made myself stop around level 60 in the flashback event so that I won't feel burned out on it as it's my Legion build for sure! I think the long range of the beam will allow for rapid tagging of the frozen enemies, although I do hope that the frozen enemies will add charges to the Beam or it'll feel a little awkward.

From watching the youtube Gear video, he recommends using normal jewels instead of Abyss jewels in the tree, but for your Abyss Jewel, Life, Resists, Main stats, cast speed on crit, phys-->fire on crit, and added phys damage to spells are called out in the video as the ones to shoot for. For regular jewels, Crit Multi, Cast Speed, and %Maximum Life are going to be the things you want.

I have a question as well though: with Bottled Faith going away (no new div cards for it, and Synthesis not going core), should we substitute that for a well-rolled Diamond Flask to get that crit chance we're losing without Bottled Faith, or go with a Sulphur Flask to keep the consecrated ground?
I'm thinking this will be my legion starter will you continue to support this build after we know all the changes made to the passive tree?
So I've done some tinkering with the new skill tree, and the biggest changes we have to take into consideration when thinking about the tree + patch notes:

1. No more Bottled Faith - for this, I tried to answer my own question, and I subbed in a Diamond flask in Path of Building. This keeps the crit chance value consistent with what we would have had with Bottled Faith. If the Crit Chance on the new Rathpith Globe turns out to be enough though (100% increased Crit Chance with 5k life), I would consider switching this back to a regular Sulphur Flask to get the larger pool for enemies to stand in and the 40% increased damage from the Sulphur Flask. (If this was the case, I'd switch the Sulphur to Warding, and have the Quicksilver Flask switched to Adrenaline for extra Movespeed)

2. Channeling Damage/Cast Speed circle in the top left of the tree has moved to a really awkward position on the tree for us. These nodes are only included in the leveling trees and are removed in the 90 tree that's included in the PoB, so don't even bother getting these while leveling, the pathing costs minimum 3 extra levels and it's just not worth it.

3. Nodes behind Mind over Matter are gone. However, there is a new circle of Mana+Energy Shield Nodes directly next to MoM on the path we're already taking. Just sub out the 3 points behind MoM for the 4 point circle, and the rest of the tree can stay the same. This does mean that the level 90 tree in PoB is actually requiring level 95, but without the 8 nodes taken for Jewels, you're looking at a level 87 tree which is perfectly reasonable. For us, the change results in a little less mana, but more ES, and since we're using all 3 defensively, I think the change isn't that painful.

4. Warlord's Mark no longer works with Spells. This is honestly not going to be a huge deal in my estimation. This makes crafting/finding a good Elder ring to pair with Mark of the Shaper much easier, and we have several good/relatively easy options to work with for mana leech:
- Lab Enchant on Boots (Merc lab: 0.5% of damage leeched and mana and life if you've killed recently). This is likely more than enough for us to leech while mapping. There are only 15 enchants per difficulty of the lab, so this is definitely achievable for almost all characters. It's not worth the currency or time to do Uber Lab just for an increase to 0.6%, just stick to Merc lab or even Normal lab if 0.4% is enough for you!)
- Mana Leech Support Gem - This can be attached to the 4-link for Orb of Storms, Replacing Blind/Onslaught. This will definitely provide enough mana on boss fights, especially when supplemented with our hybrid flask.

5. Immortal Call is changed, but still probably the best option for the CwDT setup. We won't have nearly enough Armour to make Molten Shell a viable option, and the reduced physical/elemental damage from Immortal Call will still be useful. There might be a better option, but I didn't really see one.

I tuned in to Cowpimp's stream the other day, and he seems pretty set on playing Melee for this league, so I don't know if he's going to revisit this character at all in Legion. Hopefully my comments help you out a bit, and Cowpimp may still come back and add his insights into this build :)
"
nboze wrote:
So I've done some tinkering with the new skill tree, and the biggest changes we have to take into consideration when thinking about the tree + patch notes:

Would love to see your PoB of this! Your post has such good detail about all the new changes, was awesome to read :)
First of all, thank you for your comments, I'm not a regular build maker or anything so I'm flattered that you took the time to read my comments! I'm currently at work (mandatory meetings, ughhh), but I will come back to this later tonight (likely sometime around 6pm PST) and edit this post/add my PoB. Hopefully by that time, PoB will be updated with the new uniques too, but if not, I'll modify a flask to include the new stats from Rathpith, as well as some other thoughts/changes I have on the build!

Edit: I've gone ahead and edited the PoB, summarizing the changes:
- Removed the "Are you using Endurance Charges" checkbox - without Warlord's Mark, we don't have those automatically generated anymore...I'll see if there's a way to get them back!
- Tree updated with the new nodes. Other than the new energy/shield mana nodes instead of the nodes behind MoM, there is a slight buff in the two nodes leading up to Precision at the start of the tree. 1% increased MS and 2% cast speed increase, nothing substantial, but documenting to be complete.
- Modified Elder Ring. Changed to a Topaz instead of a Ruby to cover the loss of the 25% Lightning Resistance that Rathpith Globe no longer provides. Added level 22 Herald of Ash as the Elder specific Suffix instead of Warlord's Mark - doesn't hurt to have an improvement to HoA, figured it could be an equally fun optimization to go for later.
- Modified the Bottled Faith into a Chemist's Diamond Flask of Warding.
- Changed the Quicksilver Flask from Warding to Adrenaline, and included the Rathpith changes in the flask.
- -25% Lightning Resistance
- 100% Increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells (this is based on 5k life, which is expected in the level 90 tree, this will obviously vary based on your health)
- 40% Increased Spell Damage (Again, adding this based on 5k life, the original item provided 50-60% and now it's based on every 100 maximum life)
- -5% Chance to Block Spells

Here's the link for anyone interested: https://pastebin.com/Cqtg5T8Z
Last edited by nboze on Jun 7, 2019, 9:51:18 PM
"
Ticail wrote:
Hey man, probably going to try this build when legion drops as it looks like the most interesting variant of Divine ire for an inquisitor. I just had one questions about jewels, could you make a few recommendations? Also do you have a POB link? Thanks in advance!

Hey there!

As far as jewels go, I just used %life/resist and crit multi jewels wherever I could. There is a PoB link in the guide, but it's not updated for 3.7 unfortunately. I'm not sure if I'm going to revisit this build. So much new stuff to try!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info