[3.7] Absolute Zero - Shatter the Endgame (2m+ Shaper DPS 9k+ ES Tanky Worb Trickster All content)

Hello

Congrats on the build, it looks awesome. I want to try winter orb for the first time and i´m doubting between going elementalist or your build. Can you tell me how this build does compared to elementalist in terms of clearing speed and bossing?

Thanks.
Switched over to this build and having a very fun time! Still need to get a UI and a better weapon but already feels great!
"
MrWay wrote:
Hello

Congrats on the build, it looks awesome. I want to try winter orb for the first time and i´m doubting between going elementalist or your build. Can you tell me how this build does compared to elementalist in terms of clearing speed and bossing?

Thanks.

If you are undergeared it might be very slightly slower to clear, as Elementalist gets a fair bit of free damage from ascendancies.

However once you've got at least moderate gear you will clear just as fast (feel free to throw in phase run or shield charge if you want to clear faster). Herald of Ice + Shatter absolutely destroys packs.

The Elementalist version is notorious for struggling on bosses without extremely high levels of gear, this is because Elementalist generally does not have a lot of hp, and not as many layered defenses. My build will survive better, and have the same, if not better single target damage.

-----

"
lenniebi wrote:
Switched over to this build and having a very fun time! Still need to get a UI and a better weapon but already feels great!

I'm glad you're enjoying the build :D
Heya.

I've finally got around to try a Worb and started as an elementalist, but then, dunno, it felt a bit bland and came across your build, deleted my wee level 52 and started a shadow.

The build I was following had some ideas I felt there might be some worth in incorporating, but I'm a noobling so I'll toss them here and maybe you'll find something of use.

The other build used gloves with socketed supports. It was basically Winter Orb, Hypothermia, Infused Channeling and GMP. The gloves themselves had Faster Cast and Slow Projectiles.

I imported the gloves and the DPS seems to be about the same, at least on PoB (but I had been messing with the PoB you provided which might have skewed the math). Incidentally the gloves can also have Blind support. So a 7L.

This could free the chest from the burden of a 6L, though I don't really know what would be of use. One armor that seemed useful could be Fenumus' Shroud which does:

+(30-40) to Intelligence
(120-140)% increased Energy Shield
(80-100) Energy Shield Regenerated per second
Enemies affected by your Spider's Webs deal 10% reduced Damage
Enemies affected by your Spider's Webs have -10% to All Resistances
(50-70)% increased Aspect of the Spider Area of Effect

So more defense with ES regen and enemies doing 10% less damage (plus soft defense from the Hinder), more damage with Aspect of the Spider innate 15% damage + the -10% to all resistances.

Of course we have no mana to support Aspect of the Spider though. Maybe trade it for Herald of Ice who 'only' provides damage?

Incidentally since the gloves provide with Blind it could possibly mean removing the amulet for the Solstice Vigil though I am unsure if it really adds anything to the build other than the Temporal Chains being 100% free (for maping the extra buff time would be good), though TC + the Aspect of Spider Hinder seems like a good kiting combo.

I messed around a bit with all of this on PoB but the ES is dipping dangerously low at 6.5k though I did no optimizing other than throwing the gear in.

One question is about CI. 3/4 of build makers will reply with 'chaos damage? Not a problem, there is very little of it in the game so just be careful and keep a health potion' and others will go for CI to completely avoid chaos damage.
Last edited by CedricDur on Apr 10, 2019, 2:07:47 PM
"
CedricDur wrote:
Heya.

I've finally got around to try a Worb and started as an elementalist, but then, dunno, it felt a bit bland and came across your build, deleted my wee level 52 and started a shadow.

The build I was following had some ideas I felt there might be some worth in incorporating, but I'm a noobling so I'll toss them here and maybe you'll find something of use.

The other build used gloves with socketed supports. It was basically Winter Orb, Hypothermia, Infused Channeling and GMP. The gloves themselves had Faster Cast and Slow Projectiles.

I imported the gloves and the DPS seems to be about the same, at least on PoB (but I had been messing with the PoB you provided which might have skewed the math). Incidentally the gloves can also have Blind support. So a 7L.

This could free the chest from the burden of a 6L, though I don't really know what would be of use. One armor that seemed useful could be Fenumus' Shroud which does:

+(30-40) to Intelligence

So more defense with ES regen and enemies doing 10% less damage (plus soft defense from the Hinder), more damage with Aspect of the Spider innate 15% damage + the -10% to all resistances.

Of course we have no mana to support Aspect of the Spider though. Maybe trade it for Herald of Ice who 'only' provides damage?

Incidentally since the gloves provide with Blind it could possibly mean removing the amulet for the Solstice Vigil though I am unsure if it really adds anything to the build other than the Temporal Chains being 100% free (for maping the extra buff time would be good), though TC + the Aspect of Spider Hinder seems like a good kiting combo.

I messed around a bit with all of this on PoB but the ES is dipping dangerously low at 6.5k though I did no optimizing other than throwing the gear in.

One question is about CI. 3/4 of build makers will reply with 'chaos damage? Not a problem, there is very little of it in the game so just be careful and keep a health potion' and others will go for CI to completely avoid chaos damage.

Not the build creator but my thoughts.

1) Gloves. Those are some pretty GG gloves if they are also ES gloves. I think in general getting a 7L on gloves is great if your not sacrificing ES to do it. While you might also say you are freeing up your chest, I imagine the cost of getting gloves like that with good ES would approach/surpass the cost of a decent 6L chest. But I can't speak for certain!

2) Swapping Necks: I think this is a bigger QOL for elementalists who do not approach the cast speed of a Trickster. Trickster cast speed is so high you can basically flame dash/flame dash and hold WO for a blink of an eye and you are back to max stacks. Of course doing it less might feel 'smoother', but thats largely up to you. I think remembering to swap amulets for bosses sounds like a pain.

3) ES vs Life: There are more benefits than chaos, and that is how quickly ES recovers on its own. There are plenty of bosses with immunity phases, during which time natural life recover is abysmal and you are using flasks while ES simply recovers after a half second or so out of combat. You then have to also take into account the discipline watchers eye jewel, which effectively gives you 'life on hit' on all of your spells to your full life pool. Hybrid builds can do this as well but their total affected life pool is much smaller, which does not matter if you are taking small hits--but does matter when you take very large hits from bosses. I would also underline 'very large hits' form bosses as being a key difference between life and CI, where CI tends to feel much better. Having just a little bit more EHP can make the world of difference between builds, and having come from a build that had 7K life/1K es to this one where I have 8.7K es (not great, but I just converted yesterday) even that mere 700 more es has been really noticable killing things like Minotaur.

I feel ignoring chaos damage is just the cherry on top. Being able to run 5 utility flasks on a ranged build that is kiting around the bosses is insanely useful, with any damage you take being quickly recovered either through passive recharge or through watchers eye/es leech.
So on the subject of dying sun. If one projectile always misses with GMP (on average) then we are hitting with 4 missiles on average (this seems in sync with what I see online). If that is the case and we add dying suns 2, but still miss one, we are reliably hitting with 6 missiles (probably given the increased area). If thats the case, you are looking at 50% more damage for 4.8 seconds.

Wise Oak is easier to figure out, as 15% penetration is 15% more damage, and it lasts 6 seconds. You can argue Wise Oak has a clear defensive benefit if you balance out all of your defenses, but that is very limiting to itemization options.

If Dying sun does not hit with 6 projectiles but only 5, and you are flirting with a 25% damage increase instead, the numbers seem more interesting in terms of total damage over the flask (wise oak lasts 20% longer), but Dying sun still comes out ahead on damage (20% more of 15% is 18% effective if you give it a duration benefit, still well short of dying suns 25% for 1 extra hit projectile).

Wanted to do the maths for anyone curious!
"
CedricDur wrote:
Heya.

+(30-40) to Intelligence

-----

Using pseudo 6-link or 7-link gloves will work, you will lose some damage (keep in mind my current chest is a pseudo 7-link with Arcane Surge providing 10% more damage). However if you wish to go this route you'll have more than enough damage to clear everything in the game if you wish to.

The reason I don't use this personally, is because I wanted the abyssal socket on my gloves and a synthesized base for higher ES, and the odds of rolling high ES, abyssal socket pseudo 7-link gloves is basically nil.

-----

You could trade out Herald of Ice for Aspect of the Spider, although I would not advise using Fenumus's Shroud, 100 flat ES regenerated per second is nothing when compared to the over 4,000 ES leeched/gained from on hit sources. You would also lose a lot of damage mitigation/EHP from not using an Evasion/Energy Shield hybrid chestpiece. Keep in mind with Escape Artist you gain +1 to Maximum ES (counted as local) per 6 Evasion on your chest, meaning my chest with 1613 Eva/448 ES gives me the same ES as a 716 ES Vaal Regalia would, on top of the secondary benefit of providing Evasion. While Evasion is not a great defense on its own due to entropy, it is excellent when combined with 40%+ block chance and Blind.

I think if you were going to go Aspect of the Spider I'd invest in a high Eva/ES chest still and instead use Fenumus's Spinnarets, enemies would take 5% increased damage and this would add 20 more ES on hit which will greatly boost your recovery. You will likely need to invest further into mana reservation reduction, such as pathing left down to Sovereignty to be able to do this.

-----

Solstice Vigil is nice quality of life for mapping, but the free Temporal chains is probably not going to do very much to be honest. Any enemy which can be slowed, is going to be capped out from Spider/Chill immediately. In general the enemies which are the scariest are those which have "Enemies Cannot be Slowed below Base Speed" which will completely negate your chill, hinder, and Temporal Chains. Also, depending on how high your budget is I would consider Aul's Uprising. It solves the mana reservation issues for running spider, or opens up a really greedy setup like Zealotry/Hatred which can open up some nasty watcher's eye damage combos.

-----

6.5k ES is probably playable, but it's too low to be smooth for endgame in my opinion there are a lot of things, especially now that synthesis bosses can inherit nasty mods, that will chunk you for 5-6k. I would suggest playing with around 8k ES, for reference I have 10k which is far more than you "need".

-----

So, I'm not quite sure about your chaos damage question, are you talking about in reference to this build specifically? Or the game in general?

In terms of this build specifically, because we are stacking energy shield as our main defense, you would need to use "Shavronne's Wrappings" to prevent chaos damage from bypassing your energy shield, otherwise sources of chaos damage at endgame such as Aisling or Tora would burn through your life in under a second. While Shavs is incredibly powerful, in that it would allow you to go low life for Pain Attunement you would lose a lot of ES/Eva from your chest, and be forced to cap (or at least stack some) chaos resistance.

If we are talking more broadly about builds in general and chaos resist, you do not need to play CI, there are not too many sources of chaos damage in the game although 3 of the most notable and deadly would be;
- Betrayal, Aisling/Tora
- Chaos zombies in deep delve
- Chaos spitters in Incursion events

If you have decent chaos res and 4000+ life / good life recovery or 7000+ life and pretty bad chaos res, you will be fine.

"
faytte wrote:
So on the subject of dying sun. If one projectile always misses with GMP (on average) then we are hitting with 4 missiles on average (this seems in sync with what I see online). If that is the case and we add dying suns 2, but still miss one, we are reliably hitting with 6 missiles (probably given the increased area). If thats the case, you are looking at 50% more damage for 4.8 seconds.

Wise Oak is easier to figure out, as 15% penetration is 15% more damage, and it lasts 6 seconds. You can argue Wise Oak has a clear defensive benefit if you balance out all of your defenses, but that is very limiting to itemization options.

If Dying sun does not hit with 6 projectiles but only 5, and you are flirting with a 25% damage increase instead, the numbers seem more interesting in terms of total damage over the flask (wise oak lasts 20% longer), but Dying sun still comes out ahead on damage (20% more of 15% is 18% effective if you give it a duration benefit, still well short of dying suns 25% for 1 extra hit projectile).

Wanted to do the maths for anyone curious!

-----

Interesting math, I think one thing to note about Wise Oak is it's not necessarily 15% more damage, if we assume no cold pen gem, and that the enemy is blinded they will have:

-45% Cold res (normal enemy, assuming Exposure)
So -45 to -60 is roughly 10% more damage.

if it is a boss:
-15% Cold res (30-45%)
So -15 to -30 is roughly 13% more damage.

if it is a guardian:
-5% cold res (40-45)
so -5 to -20 is roughly 14% more damage.

if it is an elementally resistant guardian:
35% cold res (80-45)
so 35 to 20 is roughly 23% more damage.

-----

Keep in mind this changes if you have pen on your weapon or a shaped amulet, and also changes if you're not using pandemonious.
Last edited by Tenkiei on Apr 10, 2019, 2:52:22 PM
Ty. I had not considered the math in that way. I suppose outside of fringe situations, dying sun should always be better than wise oak offensively.

One thing I think is, if your not using an abyssal socket, that vaal blade vortex in the same link with increased duration and vaal rf is some extra burst damage for bosses.
"
faytte wrote:
Ty. I had not considered the math in that way. I suppose outside of fringe situations, dying sun should always be better than wise oak offensively.

One thing I think is, if your not using an abyssal socket, that vaal blade vortex in the same link with increased duration and vaal rf is some extra burst damage for bosses.

Personally I'd run Vaal Grace, Vaal BV would add awkward dex requirements to the build (around 150 up from ~110 from other gems). Vaal Grace would function well even when only partly leveled.
"
Tenkiei wrote:
"
faytte wrote:

Personally I'd run Vaal Grace, Vaal BV would add awkward dex requirements to the build (around 150 up from ~110 from other gems). Vaal Grace would function well even when only partly leveled.

Thats a great idea! I had not thought of that.

Question: How do you deal with bleed on this build? With only 2 util flasks, I've come to realize that bleeds feel scary once all the mobs are dead and I'm not leeching.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info