[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

"

Ok, thanks for the explanation. My thinking was the blind would add an extra layer of defense, since you are shield dashing/flame dashing into packs. Also, Blind also works on bosses, particularly those that are melee based. When you are fighting the bosses, you are constantly dashing around the boss, and dropping vortexes. Blind works on hit, meaning only initial hit of vortex.

Since Vortex "chills" enemies caught into it, would the - cold res not apply to enemies, and work for dot damage? I guess I am confused by the wording and how game mechanics work.

The other mods it has is dex (for green gem req) and cold damage %, and cold resist. The amulet is pretty cheap compared to Aul's. I think Aul is pretty much BiS, because it allows you to have enough mana to run Hatred, which is a pretty huge dps boost.

-Res and Penetration work a bit differently. Specifically Penetration is applied only to hits.

The blind is good, but not really needed. If you can get it somewhere, then sure, it's nice. (Shaped Gloves can give global chance to blind, for example)

You are much better off with a Rare amulet that can cover your resists/stat reqs/damage mods until you can afford Aul's I was using a very generic ES+res Amulet until I got Aul's.
Hello there :)

I can't really decide what minor god to use.
I'm bleed immune from my watcher's eye.

Hi,
if trying this as a league starter, how would it work with the leveling, could i just use the endgame skills, or should i go another way ?
Last edited by zyppz on Apr 28, 2019, 11:20:37 AM
"
zyppz wrote:
Hi,
if trying this as a league starter, how would it work with the leveling, could i just use the endgame skills, or should i go another way ?

I have the inside info, and was told to use:

Freezing pulse to level 12
Blade vortex + Storm brand to 12-16.
Storm Brand + Cold snap to 16-28.
28+ go Vortex + Cold snap
"
2MASxD wrote:
"
zyppz wrote:
Hi,

Thank you ;)
"
zyppz wrote:
"
2MASxD wrote:
"
zyppz wrote:
Hi,

Thank you ;)

Explosive trap with freeze pulse will help with single target in 1-12. But yeah more or less that. Also getting some life nodes along the way wont hurt. And you can respec out of them later when you transition to CI.

I'll probably write up a league start guide soon.
So I did Uber Elder deathless (first try) for the first time in my PoE history. Thanks again for this build, I am in love :p
Last edited by Surfinn on Apr 28, 2019, 11:03:58 PM
"
Surfinn wrote:
So I did Uber Elder deathless (first try) for the first time in my PoE history. Thanks again for this build, I am in love :p

Awesome! This build really has been a blast for me. I'm glad you're enjoying it! :D

934 Trickster ES with the Spell Dodge

1060 Trickster ES with the Hybrid EV/ES%

I finally did it! I burned through over 300ex on this project. (The base alone cost me 70ex or so to make)

For those wondering "Why frenzy charge on hit?"

The answer is:

The explosions made my Cold Snap inconsistent with generating frenzy charges.

Now I have 100% uptime on frenzy charges, even against bosses with no/few adds.

Mirror Thread
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2499141
Awesome guide, really fun and strong build + you're a cool guy! :)

I've pretty much done everything with this build by now. Currently working on the Explosion dagger to speed up the map clearing speed(not needed).

I just Fought Cortex and decided it's about time I thank you for sharing this build.

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/fWx1Vrsu

Here are some vidoes(youtube):
Shaper
Uber Elder
Cortex

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info