[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
Did anyone find a good small cluster jewel for the build?
I'm using one with prismatic heart at the moment which seems like a decent addition but not sure if there are better ones out there.

my items and jewels for this league
sitting at 800k cold dot in ho on vortex
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/MrsDeath_/DeliriousDeliria?i=2&search=class%3DTrickster%26sort%3Ddps%26dps%3DVortex
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
Last edited by MrsDeath_ on Apr 1, 2020, 11:26:40 AM
Your gear is amazing man... I'm only at 320k DoT damage in h.o. Just don't have the currency to buy a single piece of your gear :)

I often die when in delirium and getting ganked and slowed by a group of mobs. Still filling the atlas... only at awakener 5.

It's fun playing Vortex overall but some bosses just die slowly and require a lot of kiting.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
I was wondering why is swift affliction better than concentrated effect, which gives more dps (at least in my PoB). Is the AoE radius we lose that significant or is it due to the transition to awakened swift affliction?
Current gear:
Spoiler

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/pHHmHeEL

Current build right now, managed to hit 1m Shaper DPS on my Vortex, and combined with all my other DoT Sources (Cold Snap+Vaal Cold Snap with Vaal Righteous Fire enabled and the shaper anomaly thing), I think I can hit around 1.6mil shaper DPS for now.

I wonder what else I can get to ramp up my DPS significantly? Wonder if I can push it to around 3m DoT somehow.
I guess trying to get +1 skill gems (cold or int) would be good upgrades. My funds are limited but bought a nice wand yesterday (4ex) which bumped my tooltip DoT damage from 320k to 370k and it feels a lot smoother. Also because my old wand had added lightning damage to spells and this wand has added fire damage to spells. With the old wand I often noticed the tougher mobs were weak to fire damage instead of cold (because of EE) which you obviously don't want. Now with the added fire damage I only see the weakness to cold so EE is working better now as well.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
I have one question:

i am using a good belt with resis and a lot energy shield
and i am using a shield with a lot of energy shield, resis AND +1 to cold gems.

i am asking myself - is the atziri shield and cowards legacy better?

actual equip:

- exact resis
- more energy shield
- +1 to cold gems

atziri/cowars legacy:

- 16% more movement
- 30% spellpower
- immune to curses
- around 12ex

your suggestions what ist better?
i dont see there a lot more damage, but i see better movement and maybe a smoother playstyle?
"
DerianDerian wrote:
I have one question:

i am using a good belt with resis and a lot energy shield
and i am using a shield with a lot of energy shield, resis AND +1 to cold gems.

i am asking myself - is the atziri shield and cowards legacy better?

actual equip:

- exact resis
- more energy shield
- +1 to cold gems

atziri/cowars legacy:

- 16% more movement
- 30% spellpower
- immune to curses
- around 12ex

your suggestions what ist better?
i dont see there a lot more damage, but i see better movement and maybe a smoother playstyle?

The movement is really nice and compared to a +1 gem shield it's probably 15-20% more damage. Curse immunity also frees a flask slot and/or provides some really nice QoL.

If you have plenty of ES already, losing some for DPS+Speed is not going to be a big loss. Atziri's also gives up to 30% all ele res as well to help offset any loss of res from your belt.
@gryphenprey

Thank you for the good advice!!
was able to buy the belt and atziris reflection.
my damage is higher, i am immune to curses and i am very fast now - feeling really good and smooth!

:-)!
Started Derilium league with this build since day 1 and 3 weeks after i already completed all the content in the game (Uelder, Sirus 8, Cortex, Mastermind, Simulacrum 20/20 alone, Delve 200+..)

I've been wondering multiple questions about the issues i experienced through the leveling/gearing time but now i think i can share what i managed to get using Gryph's build as a base.

4.3M shaper DoT, 9k ES, 16K Evasion Rating, here i share my pob if its helpful for someone https://pastebin.com/PrQ7CfEB

Basically i just mixed up the Occultist damage source (Low life combo with Shavs, chayula and prism guardian) and the defense layer of the shadow (evasion) so i can get both tankyness and clear speed, while melting bosses.

Followed the entire Gryph's build as it was written, which contains everything you need to know, but i still wanted some more DPS as it felt a bit low for my taste, so i hope it can helps someone who does not wanna level another char to go Occultist.

PD: I wouldn't consider my build as "min-maxed" since it still has a way to go until we hit the DPS/ES ceiling, but it got some currency invested on, about 45ex, as its gonna be the unique build i'll be playing on 3.10.
Last edited by selu720 on Apr 17, 2020, 11:32:31 PM
If anyone that is not playing this build anymore this league still has good gear... maybe i can buy it from you. Looking particularly for a better helm, body and boots, though wand can be better as well. I have 19ex to spend but hard to find any real upgrades.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info