[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

"
axelw wrote:

i lked your tempest coh idea, gonna test using rumis , glove enchant, brine king and arcane swiftness combo . i dont like the idea of taking 50% of damage from delve monsters with Glancing Blows ( triple pen , 300% crits , 2 extra projs, turbo ) lol !
gonna test arc instead of oos for more es recovery too

The idea with Glancing Blows is to take your mediocre block chance and turn it into something useful. and makes Arcane Swiftness give a substantial amount of damage. :)

Also works well if you can get an ES recovery on block shield.

On a side note I decided to delete currency and metacraft a triple T1 suffix helmet I made. Of course I keep hitting life and never ES but I think I'm gonna stick with this result:

Nevermind I kept going until I hit something reasonable.

Last edited by Gryphenprey on Jul 23, 2019, 4:49:02 AM
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

The idea with Glancing Blows is to take your mediocre block chance and turn it into something useful. and makes Arcane Swiftness give a substantial amount of damage. :)

Your comments about Tempest Shield and someone's suggestion about Arc inspired me to experiment with some new gems.

1. Would Firestorm be superior to Orb of Storms for both triggering EE and getting Energy Shield back (with the ES gained while affected by Discipline Watcher's Eye)? I have it linked to CWDT and like how it hits so many mobs around me, and even far away when they're ranged. So I'm considering slotting it into my trigger wand as well, since it seems effective.

2. What do you think of Slower Projectiles attached to Ball Lightning and CWDT? Is it worth losing out on Enfeeble or Arcane Surge?
"
Monkestful wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

Your comments about Tempest Shield and someone's suggestion about Arc inspired me to experiment with some new gems.

1. Would Firestorm be superior to Orb of Storms for both triggering EE and getting Energy Shield back (with the ES gained while affected by Discipline Watcher's Eye)? I have it linked to CWDT and like how it hits so many mobs around me, and even far away when they're ranged. So I'm considering slotting it into my trigger wand as well, since it seems effective.

2. What do you think of Slower Projectiles attached to Ball Lightning and CWDT? Is it worth losing out on Enfeeble or Arcane Surge?

I've considered Firestorm in addition to BL before. In my experience Firestorm is better against bosses that don't move much.

My biggest issue is socket space. As far as using it instead of Orb of Storms in your wand, I'm not sure if it's better. It only has a duration of 2 seconds, with wand cooldown being 4 seconds. OOS has 6 second duration but less frequent hits.

But hey, try it out! See how you like it.

As for slower proj...again, socket space. I wouldn't give up Enfeeble for it, but if you can get Arcane Surge on chest then problem solved I suppose. I'm using CWDT-BL-Tempest Shield-Enfeeble right now. (Testing some block shenanigans)
In the pob for tanky version ther is Brutal Restraint cobalt jewel.

Is that Brutal Restraint Timeless Jewel (of Deshret)?
"
60r15 wrote:
In the pob for tanky version ther is Brutal Restraint cobalt jewel.

Is that Brutal Restraint Timeless Jewel (of Deshret)?

The name on the jewel doesn't matter for the spot. I manually put in what mods I am getting from the jewel to make PoB more accurate.

The main thing is the 20% total Stun Avoidance and Onslaught on Kill. This lets me be completely stun immune when combined with Arcane Swiftness (20% Stun Avoidance) and my Boots+Gloves--thus allowing me to drop Brine King for another Pantheon, which is nice.

it is also possible to drop a little over 1k ES to get more block+spell block and (incidentally) 44% all res by traveling over to the templar side of the tree and utilizing the Blue Nightmare Jewel. In radius you get Holy Dominion, Faith and Steel, and Sanctuary. This gets me to 49/57 block/spell block before Rumi's flask.

This is all totally unnecessary though. The build is naturally very tanky already, but hey, still over 1M dps with that level of tank. ^^
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Aug 1, 2019, 1:41:28 PM
Hello everyone, I am the current owned of the gear featured on this guide, with the permission of the original owner im putting it for sale since im done with the season, if anyone is interested you can see it in my profile i also updated some of the gems, taking offers.

Many Thanks.
Hi, i hope you can see this.

I'm loving, really loving your build so far. Bur for me has a big big problem... the gear! Maybe 80% of the gear you added i can't even find. Alright, you gave a lot of tips to craft, but... craft isn't for everyone, i hope one day i can craft some good stuff, but so far i only have 2 months of real PoE.
Idk if you made this at standard league or not, but even trying to look for other gear, just following the content of them on other item, it's been really difficult.

So if you can, post acesssible gears for ppl in my position, or just reply explaining me something that i've been missing.
i was doing another build and this craft can help us alot while dealing with bosses.

give it a shot when u got time
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"
Monkestful wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

best life/ energy shield gain on hit spell is ball lightning.
so using only ball lightning with cwdt is the best idea.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"
Hi, i hope you can see this.

I'm loving, really loving your build so far. Bur for me has a big big problem... the gear! Maybe 80% of the gear you added i can't even find. Alright, you gave a lot of tips to craft, but... craft isn't for everyone, i hope one day i can craft some good stuff, but so far i only have 2 months of real PoE.
Idk if you made this at standard league or not, but even trying to look for other gear, just following the content of them on other item, it's been really difficult.

So if you can, post acesssible gears for ppl in my position, or just reply explaining me something that i've been missing.

Gear accessibility can be tricky if you don't want to craft. But honestly that should only be fore the top tier stuff. Things like Vertex Helm, Decent EV/ES chests, and ES shields should be relatively easy to come by.

It's harder when you want to buy something like:

This is a self crafted item,

also Chests with Arcane Surge Support are more obtainable through crafting, but it's not like you *need* it.

Hope this helps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info