Wings and Back Attachments Multisale and New Microtransactions

Looks great fam.

And to all the people bitching about price, there's a rule with monization which is basically 90% of your profit comes from 10% of your userbase, or in other words you want one really bloody expensive mtx not lots of small mtx.

Like let's put this into perspective let's say they drop the armour sets price from 80 down to 10.

As a "whale" I was already going to buy the set at 80, now in buying it at 10 instead, they have lost 70 dollars in profit, that means for every armour set I buy 7 of you would also need to buy it for them to make the same amount.

Now let's assume that every last "whale" really likes this set and buys it, so 10% of the playerbase buys it at 10 dollars, to make the same amount of money as they are now a whopping 80% of the playerbase would need to buy this mtx at 10 dollars to equal the 10% buying it at 80.

This is why you will literally never get lower mtx costs no matter how much you bitch or moan, and why the "well if more people can afford it more people will buy it" argument doesn't work.

Not to mention this money isn't going straight into their pockets, server fees (for every single gateway that's another slot in a data center they are renting out), paying the teams wages, paying for contract work for expansions (voice actors are fucking expensive yo).
You guys are right, this isn't an indie company anymore, so their operating costs are a lot higher.
Last edited by MrTeatimeYT on Mar 31, 2019, 1:41:54 AM
"
MrTeatimeYT wrote:

This is why you will literally never get lower mtx costs no matter how much you bitch or moan, and why the "well if more people can afford it more people will buy it" argument doesn't work.

Kewl story bro. One of the many problems with your lame diatribe is your math is off.

Its not that we cannnot afford it, in fact we can, its the fact we are not mindless morons who knowingly agree to be ripped off with over priced mtx. Its great that ggg caters soo.. soooo.. so, hard for the 2% (or the whale as you call it). Meanwhile the other 98% really couldn't give a flying piety. I am just glad that the business model works and there are enough whales willing to be ripped off and buy over priced mtx, so the other 98% of us, do not.
If you can't handle the truth, just delete the forum post - Precious Flower
We have a different qualifier for what the word Afford means.

If i have 5 dollars to my name and need to feed myself for a week and see an item listed for 5 dollars while TECHNICALLY i can afford that item, in reality i cannot.

You should be looking at purely your disposable income, aka income after all living expenses, rent, bills, food, regular spends (gym payments, maybe you go to the movies every Tuesday etc) that left over money that you have literally NOTHING else to spend on is your disposable income.

You then look at what the price of the good you are looking to buy is in comparison to said income and decide if its worth it or not.

For example in my case buying an armor set is less than 10% of my disposable income, so i can buy an armor set, hell i could buy 2-3, and ill still have more than enough money to buy that new big screen tv ive been wanting etc etc.

Basically afford doesn't mean you physically have the money to be able to afford it.

Afford means you have so much more money than what the product value is that you can buy it without remorse, If you get buyers remorse after buying the product due to the price chances are you couldn't actually afford it.

Learning the difference is also really good budget advice, because its way too easy to buy something you want but cant afford when working under the assumption that if the money is in your account then you can afford it.

And lastly, im not the one saying you people cant afford it, you are. The most common argument for why prices need to be lower is "only X number of people can afford it, if more people could afford it you would make more sales" the problem with that argument as i stated in my post is that it doesn't work that way, because lets say they halve the price to 40, then they need to make twice the sales the make the same volume of profit, so 20% of the player-base, And they can see very clearly that they do not increase sales anywhere near such a linear fashion when they do sales.

Or lets say they drop the price of an armor set down to 5 dollars, so 16 times less expensive, well youd need to increase the number of sales by 1500% to oh would you look at that 160% of the playerbase, an impossible number, and even IF they did do that, at best they might get 30-40$ of the player-base buying that specific item due to personal taste, simply having no disposable income (yes there are people that cant afford $5), or not having access to the means to facilitate such a transfer (xsolla is banned in your country and you dont use steam for example)

Tl;DR If you feel like the price is a rip off, then hate to break it to you, you cant afford it, The only time the price is EVER a rip off is if its a cheaply made clone of another product marketed at a much higher price, youd likely call my $400 planar headphones rip offs while in my mind they are an absolute bargain for the quality I get. Same with these skins, if GGG put out a recolored texture of a weta pet and charged modern pet prices for it, then yes id be down their throats for recoloring a 5 point pet and expecting 100 points, but doing model work, texture work, animation work, for 7 different base character models and a myriad of casting animations running animations, the dance animations, lighting mapping, the design work, its a quality product with alot of work behind it so its worth the price.
Last edited by MrTeatimeYT on Mar 31, 2019, 6:44:10 AM
shop...good.

Great job guys keep up the good work GGG
SavG_Entertainment
great set. goodluck
Expert of - https://mediaelites.com/
"Save a Tree - Save The Environment - Save Your Life ".
==========================================================

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info