(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
You can fix it with harvest easily.
- remove lightning
- remove fire
- multimod chaos multi + speed -or- craft chaos multi prefix and harvest augment speed

Playing in Standard unfortunately. And I'm broke so no multimodding for me.
Last edited by destroyermaker on Jul 8, 2020, 1:27:35 PM

I just awakener orb'd these two mods together --- wondering how to approach creating the best quiver from here? Add life -- block prefix, add on suffixes , slam speed mod for t1 movement? or something completely different? looking for some advice moving foward with this!

edit: should be added id like to push to 100 -- I just got 100% ailment immunity, and definitely looking for clear speed efficiency (why i think id look to slam movement speed)

Edit 2: put on life/cold res - will slam speed soon.
Last edited by Kojak_The_Invincible on Jul 8, 2020, 10:13:41 PM

Just finished working on this. Best Toxic Rain Amulet in the league?
"
BuckinKaeding wrote:

Just finished working on this. Best Toxic Rain Amulet in the league?

That is an amazing amulet! Congrats.

Would you or someone else mind explaining how to craft (relatively) cheap +1 dex, +1 chaos amulets?

I see that the basic ones are going for under 3 - 4 ex now, and I'd like to craft one but am not sure on the most efficient process. Since they are both Hunter prefixes, I'm guessing there are no Awakener Orb tricks.

Best I can tell is:

1. Start with iLvl 84 or 85 amulet (not sure if 84 vs 85 matters or not)
2. Scour/transmute
3. Alt spam for +1 dex
4. If no suffix, augment, hoping for something that can be removed
5. Regal, hoping for a harvest removable suffix

Intermediate goal: Repat 1 - 5, annulling as needed, until we have an amulet with +1 dex as the only prefix, and 2 harvest removable suffixes

6. Craft a suffix
7. Harvest chaos augment x2. Only two possibly results: +1 chaos or leech chaos dmg as life. We want both.

Intermediate goal: Amulet with +1 chaos skill gems (prefix), +1 dex skill gems (prefix), chaos dmg as life leech (prefix), and 3 easily removable suffixes (some combination of harvest and craft)

8. Clear a suffix.
9. Harvest chaos augment -- The only outcome should be chaos damage overtime multiplier. But there are two tiers (8 - 12, and 13 - 16).
10. If lower tier, need to remove it and try again. Not sure of the best process but I think:
10a): Free a suffix
10b): Craft prefixes cannot be changed
10c): Harvest remove/add chaos until T1
11. Remove other unwanted suffixes, and replace with resists or whatever.
12. Harvest remove life to get rid of the chaos leech prefix
13. Craft -9 mana cost

Final Goal:
+1 chaos gems (prefix)
+1 dex gems (prefix)
-9 total mana cost (crafted prefix)
+16 % increased chaos damage over time (suffix)
useful suffix (resist, etc)
useful suffix (resist, etc)

Does this seem like an efficient method to craft the amulet? Is there anything I'm missing?

It seems the hardest part (other than getting enough seeds/harvest recipes) is getting the initial +1 dex! I spent 1,000 alteration orbs so far and never hit it once.
Last edited by GrimzEcho on Jul 9, 2020, 1:37:14 AM
How do you keep Flesh and Stone, Discipline, and Malevolence up? Here's my character. Thanks

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/sony/view-profile/ooter37
Man I have no idea how people kill end game bosses with this on a budget.

I've pushed already 5ex+ into this build and my tooltip Toxic Rain is only showing 40K per pod.

Even with Max Wither Stacks + Despair Curse from Flask, I don't think I'm breaking 500K DPS with all pods overlapping which is just not cutting it at all.

What is everyone's APS (Attacks Per Second), I am at 2.68? I'm wondering how much other people are pulling off.

Is Socketed Support Gems + 2 > Bow Gem + 2 that much better?

Sigh pushing DPS on this build is frustrating.

EDIT:

Yeah Looking into everything, I'm estimating 10+ex to min max this build. I wasn't trying to spend over 20 ex to get this going but it feels like you have too for A8 Sirius and Uber fights.

At least 5ex+ to get a better bow with better APS (Crafting or Buying)
My current bow was a stepping stone with + 1 Gem/+2 Bow Gems and 30% Chaos Dot Multi.

Then there are Awakened Gems for another 3ex+.

Trying to push Chaos Damage or Chaos Multi on my gear while maintaining decent life and resistances, I can see that pushing 3ex in value. In terms of dot/chaos multiplier, I'm missing 1 from my gloves, 1 on my quiver (I have chaos but not DOT), and 1 from my amulet.

Last edited by Mukuro123 on Jul 9, 2020, 3:46:28 AM
"
Mukuro123 wrote:
Man I have no idea how people kill end game bosses with this on a budget.

Hey I am following a different build but maybe I can give you some pointers. I would get a Vertex, Carcass, lvl 21 TR, annoint ammy with corruption or exceptional performance. Selling level 20 gems with 1 gemcutter prism to the npc to level fresh gems with 20% qual is also a good idea.
Can't comment on your passive tree but the cluster jewel without Wicked Pall seems odd.

I was able to kill Sirus a8 with pretty much only a +3 bow and +1 ammy with chaos dot on gloves, ammy and quiver. The fight takes a bit of time, like 5-8 minutes hard to say but didn't feel hard since only the last phase is hard and the mirage archer does most of the work while you cast wither and dodge.

You don't have to invest much currency to do this at all. You can buy bases and craft of them yourself with using the harvest crafts. If you really want to min/max then the only money sink is the bow unless you buy crafts instead of farming them yourself. At least that is how I understand the game at this point.

Pantheons I really like for boss fights are Solaris and the one where you get a life flask charge every so seconds. Make sure you upgrade the pantheons with divine vessels. Also don't forget to have something for corrupted blood.
Hey guys I followed what you guys told me to do previously, can someone have a look at my gear and tell me what to focus on improving now? And when should I make the switch to cluster jewels or is it even needed in the first place? Thanks
"
Mukuro123 wrote:
I've pushed already 5ex+ into this build
On what exactly? All your gear is super plain except +1 dex amulet (best item if you can transition it into harvest crafted one), dying sun and the 2 uniques that this build doesn't even normally use (hyrri and asenath).

You don't have lvl 21 toxic rain, your rings don't have -mana cost crafts so I don't know how do you sustain mana on bosses, the bow is something I wouldn't even pay 1ex for especially since corrupted, atziri's step with decent rolls is around 20c atm.

Awakened gems you can wait until the price drops more, yday void manipulation was 50c and the other 2 around 160c each.

Anyway importing your character as it is into POB fork it says you have 780k dps assuming 3-pod overlap pre-wither and 1,3mil at max wither stacks. Also that doesn't count mirage archer which adds 27% more dps.

Also chaos builds can shave some of the expenses through harvest, contrary to let's say minion builds that have no targeted crafts. Pretty sure many meta builds struggle with boss damage without investment, for example the most popular volatile dead is amazing for map clear but meh for bosses unless you go lowlife.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jul 9, 2020, 7:32:46 AM
"
GrimzEcho wrote:

Does this seem like an efficient method to craft the amulet? Is there anything I'm missing?

It seems the hardest part (other than getting enough seeds/harvest recipes) is getting the initial +1 dex! I spent 1,000 alteration orbs so far and never hit it once.

I was more lucky getting +1 dex gems. For me it is a bit tricky now to get t1 chaos dot and therefore I found someone else who awakener orbed a +1dex hunter ammy with a T1 chaos dot elder ammy. Just to give you another way to go about it. I am checking on craftofexile and poedb before doing anything since it is easy to press a harvest craft and then go "OH FK!" I had an open suffice and now I have life reg instead of +life. Gl with yours!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info