Synthesis Week 2: What we're working on

Hate to be all negative, but this announcement is not really something i'd be super proud of were I GGG.

Most of those address Betrayal league implementation and really are things that should have been tackled before synthesis as for the most part (freezes and lags not included) they relate to things that were lessons learned from Betrayal league and don't pertain to Synthesis league.

Furthermore, I feel this announcement does very little to address the most broken things in the current Synthesis league mechanics. So maybe they pertain to those things you mention as being worked on, but ya know. Maybe release a product of quality next time for a change, not a beta proof-of-concept-work-in-progress-we-have-no-clue league.

Finally, there is no mention of what i feel is at the core why Synthesis league fails to create fun and does the opposite:

infinite amounts of uninspiring loot to religiously hoard in the hopes of to eventually craft (through the use of a vagilion stash tabs and 3 or 4 third party databases) a 4% better item than you would otherwise.

This sucks the fun out so hard, i can't even. But then i could also mention the fact that you keep designing increasingly demanding league mechanics without realizing that those stack as they go core and end up feeling like meaningless chores that constitute busy work that you have to invest ludicrous amounts of time into to obtain anything rewarding.

Also, another league where achievements are decisively fucked, fail to trigger, are excessively grindy, obscure, and don't respect your time at all.

Man this games goes in the wrong direction. Sorry, but i'm jumping ship when the next arpg comes around ;) You sure are good at designing mtxs, every goddamn day-

1 room, 3 man and one empty bottle

every man need a bio break, the empty bottle have 3 fillings left.

the 1st come in and do what he needs to do, the bottle is not full.

the 2nd comes and after it, the bottle is not full.

the 3rd go to the bottle but the door is closed, he cant do anything. He found a the key, open the door and see the bottle. he go in place, prepare everything and is ready to start but the bottle disappears. he have no idea what happens.

angry and in a hurry he run outside, he found a tree, a very old tree, well grown, and now he can have his bio break, finally.

he shout out to the other man: he mans, we can do it here. we do not need that bottle. lets do it here, this tree do not go anywhere....
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."
Any word on fossils/essences on fractured items?
Good news
Nice news but Why do we still have to unveil mods? That's just feels stupid , how about other masters drop veiled mods that will be so better, this game already grindy enough. GrindingGearGames.
Last edited by jacoblaren on Jun 22, 2020, 3:08:24 AM
"
Bgfreeman wrote:
Ok, so I'm a relatively new player.
I started with the Betrayal league and quite enjoyed it - a bit frustrating when you're levelling to have to stop because some train is moving.

Anyway, this league looked interesting but, my lord, could the instances actually scale a bit better?
Taking a low level character into amemory, if the huge pack of mobs doesn't one-shot you, you don't have any time to get to the stabiliser because you're fighting the huge pack of mobs.

So I'm basically ignoring the league mechanic (At least that's possible this time, just leave poor ol' Cavas sitting there like an Altzheimer patient wondering why he came into the room).

I'm sure that's not what you intnded, GGG.

It is a good thing you mention this. I already posted a thread on feedback where I discussed the synthesis mobs being overtuned in the area you encounter them. I ripped 5 chars at low level in memory fragments and just called it quits because it is clearly not balanced. I have been playing this game for 7 years. So I wonder how a new player must experience all of this?

If you can not engage with the mechanic, then why bother playing the league in the first place.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
No more map-drop fixes? Not willing to waste time with those current droprates.
And mysterious barrels sextant still spawns inside memory fragments, guess that didnt get fixed lul...
I would love to see the betrayal icons back on my minimap too GGG!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info