[3.7] Ice Trap Saboteur - All Content Viable! (Good League Starter)

"
First off all, thanks for the guide, i am really enjoying the ice trap sabo.

Noticed you are running Grace instead of Malevolence (with a grace watcher's eye)

Assuming that i have access to a grace watcher's eye, is it more beneficial over the malevolence buff??

Or do you swap the auras around between clear / boss fights?

Ah, yeah, I'm currently running grace for the clear speed, since my gear now has enough crit chance that I don't need zealotry (I assume you mean Zealotry) and the move speed from watcher's eye is more than Haste and also offers about 18% increased chance to evade attacks.
Ah, yes, that is what i meant.

Also what would you consider the benchmark (crit) for that change?
Last edited by Shingenx on Apr 6, 2019, 8:59:26 AM
"
Ah, yes, that is what i meant.

Also what would you consider the benchmark (crit) for that change?

With 0 Power charges 45% base crit/spell crit on your Ice Trap links seems more than enough.
Thanks for the info, i was debating between the extra movement speed of grace with a watcher's eye or the "crits penetrate 10% resistances" with the zealotry.

The movement speed / evasion is idd appealing.

Cheers
thanks for listening.

@ashe
Last edited by Hennri on Apr 6, 2019, 1:55:58 PM
Hello,
I'm following your build, it's my first trapper build since I learned it was strong (I'm fairly new to th game, have played a lot before, but long ago and I did not know there were guide and such at that time so I was doing stupid thing)

I love traps in games, it's a fun playstyle, and I decided to try this one, but a few thing tickle me.

My opinion might be biaised since my most played char are a quillrain HOA and a trickster souldrend, but the saboter feel very very slow. I know I'm still low level(53 I think) and speed come at higher level, but my clearing speed it very slow. Should I play with lightning trap until I find a carcass ? I play with a tabula so I can put inc aoe, but even with it, it still slow. I switched with Arc + trap for clearing during levelling, and use Ice trap for bosses (It's broken btw, I one shotted the three phase of Izaro on a 4link while being 5lvl under)

Overwise, it's an awesome build, I'm loving it :)

EDIT : And I forgot to ask my question lol. When does the build start to feel smoother for clearing ? Around a certain level or it's gear based ?
Last edited by Sheinell on Apr 6, 2019, 4:39:51 PM
"
Sheinell wrote:
Hello,
I'm following your build, it's my first trapper build since I learned it was strong (I'm fairly new to th game, have played a lot before, but long ago and I did not know there were guide and such at that time so I was doing stupid thing)

I love traps in games, it's a fun playstyle, and I decided to try this one, but a few thing tickle me.

My opinion might be biaised since my most played char are a quillrain HOA and a trickster souldrend, but the saboter feel very very slow. I know I'm still low level(53 I think) and speed come at higher level, but my clearing speed it very slow. Should I play with lightning trap until I find a carcass ? I play with a tabula so I can put inc aoe, but even with it, it still slow. I switched with Arc + trap for clearing during levelling, and use Ice trap for bosses (It's broken btw, I one shotted the three phase of Izaro on a 4link while being 5lvl under)

Overwise, it's an awesome build, I'm loving it :)

EDIT : And I forgot to ask my question lol. When does the build start to feel smoother for clearing ? Around a certain level or it's gear based ?

Yeah Ice Trap just gets better the more aoe you have invested, so once you hit those aoe nodes on the tree and get a carcass it feels a lot better. Traps in general feel slower because of the initial delay before the trap triggers itself, there are faster clears out there but you start to one shot things with gem level and natural progression on the passive tree.

The power of saboteur builds are from their viability in doing all content, map mods etc.
Would The Pandemonius be a better option than a rare amulet?
"
Would The Pandemonius be a better option than a rare amulet?

It'd certainly be more damage, and usually I'd say the Pandemonius is a great amulet for cold skills but in this case you get a bunch of cold pen anyway and a rather consistent blind from your ascendancy. Not to say the Pandemonius is bad, it definitely adds to the damage if that's what you want to go for, but you're missing out potentially on stats such as life, crit multi, resistances, attributes if needed etc. and for 4ex you can probably get a good amulet with all the mods you need. (and with the new synthesis implicits there's room for some pretty amazing mods)
Thoughts on using a +2 socketed gems and +2 support gems bow w/ crit multi w/empower 4 would essentially be lvl 30 ice trap and level 32 supports? less clear but better for bossing? -- Would just need to hit +1 gems on my current bow and multimod. Maybe craft non chaos as extra chaos and dmg when focused as well.

@sanguinelaw
Last edited by Szemon on Apr 11, 2019, 8:55:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info