[3.8] Mai Cedere's MF windripper money maker: 187% IIQ 218% IIR speed mapper (ALL Content EASILY)

Will update thread for 3.9 once I finish up with all the new crafting stuff

Initial thoughts:

Bottom right zone is good to farm with dark forest and tower for div cards and toxic sewer is just an all around good map. To facilitate this one could remove all watchstones besides the 4 in Lira Arthain (zone). This would reduce some of the cool benefits of awakener levels but this would mean that you could farm one region deterministically similar to eldering maps and uncompleting t16s like before.

Rarity seems to be worse with the removal of shaper & elder influenced map zones, meaning getting more rare items is less impactful- might be worthwhile to re-evaluate the presence of a lot of IIR and just opting for 50-100 rather than 200%.

Run legion on zana- really good profit.

Tornado shot feels exactly the same, but lightning arrow and ice shot are good variants too if someone is bored of tornado shot.
Crafter of many items.
All items for sale. Can contact me on forums or in game.

IGN: MaiCedere
Last edited by Mai_Cedere on Dec 22, 2019, 6:59:33 PM
Im currently running a budget version of this build with ice shot. I’m using all the typical uniques and a shaper amulet like you would in a league. Looking at your mirror gear it seems the biggest thing I would gain from those are more life and resists and maybe a little more damage. I’ve bought several 1-2ex 4 prop abyss jewels which helped, but I still feel like I can’t clear red maps and struggle with syndicate and legion encounters even in yellow maps. I’m ok with farming lower maps for now till I can afford a headhunter, but what’s the next step after that? Save up for mirror items? It seems like any significant gains I can make from here are out are going to cost at least a mirror and at that point I question if it’s worth it for a player like me. Just curious if anyone has any advice and how I can get the most for my money at this point so I can find that happy medium where I can farm efficiently to one day afford the absolute best gear for this kinda build.

For what it’s worth I’m clearing with ice shot and bossing with barrage. I know my gems still need to finish being leveled and I’m hoping that’s actually my problem and not that I need to spend hundreds of exalts on jewels.
Last edited by SKTerran on Jan 11, 2020, 2:17:06 PM
Hi,

i just looked up your profile since i wanted to bring back my mf char in standart again.

Now i have a question about your ring with assasins mark.

Is it still possible to create such a ring?
If i had to guess you slammed an IIQ ring with a crusaders orb and then awakener orb'ed a shpaer influence onto them.

But since awakener orb reforges the item completley i was wondering how you did this.
I know it keeps one special mod of each influence.
Counts the IIQ towards that?
Since assasins mark is a shaper suffix you couldn't just block all Suffixes with the meta mod (back when this was possible).
Or did you do that and then slam the assa mark back on?

Its possible im completley lost but i would love to create such a ring myself ;)

Cheers
Ponium

"
Ponium wrote:
Hi,

i just looked up your profile since i wanted to bring back my mf char in standart again.

Now i have a question about your ring with assasins mark.

Is it still possible to create such a ring?
If i had to guess you slammed an IIQ ring with a crusaders orb and then awakener orb'ed a shpaer influence onto them.

But since awakener orb reforges the item completley i was wondering how you did this.
I know it keeps one special mod of each influence.
Counts the IIQ towards that?
Since assasins mark is a shaper suffix you couldn't just block all Suffixes with the meta mod (back when this was possible).
Or did you do that and then slam the assa mark back on?

Its possible im completley lost but i would love to create such a ring myself ;)

Cheers
Ponium

No longer possible. You could apply "suffixes cannot be changed" to preserve the quantity mod but now the awakener's orb overrule it, as stated in this hotfix:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2713805
yeah that is what i thouht

thx for the clarification
"
SKTerran wrote:
Im currently running a budget version of this build with ice shot. I’m using all the typical uniques and a shaper amulet like you would in a league. Looking at your mirror gear it seems the biggest thing I would gain from those are more life and resists and maybe a little more damage. I’ve bought several 1-2ex 4 prop abyss jewels which helped, but I still feel like I can’t clear red maps and struggle with syndicate and legion encounters even in yellow maps. I’m ok with farming lower maps for now till I can afford a headhunter, but what’s the next step after that? Save up for mirror items? It seems like any significant gains I can make from here are out are going to cost at least a mirror and at that point I question if it’s worth it for a player like me. Just curious if anyone has any advice and how I can get the most for my money at this point so I can find that happy medium where I can farm efficiently to one day afford the absolute best gear for this kinda build.

For what it’s worth I’m clearing with ice shot and bossing with barrage. I know my gems still need to finish being leveled and I’m hoping that’s actually my problem and not that I need to spend hundreds of exalts on jewels.

Hi,

Since I don't see the gear of your character, here are my guesses:

1. The main damage source of this build is the flat ele damage from abyssal jewels and other gear slots. Windripper only gives very limited flat damage which is far from enough. I don't think the biggest differences between your build and this guide are just life and resisits. All abyss jewels used in this guide have 4 t1 legacy mod, and there is no way you can get similar jewels with 1ex, they are all mirror worthy. With a budget set up, your flat damage is likely to be less than half of this build.

2. There are several important damage mods on gear that you can upgrade (but could be very expensive): A good watcher's eye is very important; +1 chain on Rigwalds also helps a lot with clear; damage implicit on QotF is also great.

3. Headhunter will NOT really help you if you are having trouble with clearing. What HH does is only boost your clearing up to a new level when you already have pretty goood clear speed.

Overall, I really don't think this build will work well under low budget due to the nature of Windrippper and QotF (low damage, only used for MF/speed map purpose). It is simply impossible to scale both MF and damage under a low budget. My personal preference is I would rather clear t15/16s easily and quickly with 0 MF than struggling in yellow maps with tons of MF (the speed on QotF is totally wasted if you cannot clear maps really fast). I would sacrifice the MF on Windripper, and switch to a Deaths Opus/Hyrri set up, or a Phys conversion with Arborix set up, which will allow you to farm any red maps easily and quickly.

"
lazyrabbit711 wrote:
"
SKTerran wrote:

Hi,

1. The main damage source of this build is the flat ele damage from abyssal jewels and other gear slots. Windripper only gives very limited flat damage which is far from enough. I don't think the biggest differences between your build and this guide are just life and resisits. All abyss jewels used in this guide have 4 t1 legacy mod, and there is no way you can get similar jewels with 1ex, they are all mirror worthy. With a budget set up, your flat damage is likely to be less than half of this build.

2. There are several important damage mods on gear that you can upgrade (but could be very expensive): A good watcher's eye is very important; +1 chain on Rigwalds also helps a lot with clear; damage implicit on QotF is also great.

3. Headhunter will NOT really help you if you are having trouble with clearing. What HH does is only boost your clearing up to a new level when you already have pretty goood clear speed.

Overall, I really don't think this build will work well under low budget due to the nature of Windrippper and QotF (low damage, only used for MF/speed map purpose). It is simply impossible to scale both MF and damage under a low budget. My personal preference is I would rather clear t15/16s easily and quickly with 0 MF than struggling in yellow maps with tons of MF (the speed on QotF is totally wasted if you cannot clear maps really fast). I would sacrifice the MF on Windripper, and switch to a Deaths Opus/Hyrri set up, or a Phys conversion with Arborix set up, which will allow you to farm any red maps easily and quickly.

This.
The last updates (3.9 being the most impactful one) discourages farming low tier maps because end game content now is significantly more rewarding (also harder), so being able to do that fast with 0 MF is a good farming option. MFing will probably only stand out if you can handle this end game content, which probably won't be possible with "budget versions". Not saying only mirrored gear builds can do that, but some heavy investment is required.

"
lazyrabbit711 wrote:
"
SKTerran wrote:

Hi,

Just wanted to update I’ve learned how to evaluate abyss jewels better and that along with changing my links has fixed the build for me. I’m not cruising through T16s yet but I’ve broken into red maps and once I get some awakened gems and a couple other small things my damage should be set.
Switched to deadeye with the free passive reset and clear speed is much better than raider I was playing previously. Finally picked an IIQ gem so I have decent MF now. Single target sucks but I can stop and barrage anything down. It would be nice if I could reach the point where ice shot would just kill rares and I could only barrage on bosses. Redid my skill tree for more life and overall the build is going great! Next upgrade I was thinking of getting was a dupped MF helm unless anyone thinks something would add more. My profiles public and I’m always open to ideas.
Hello Mai Cedere Will you by chance be updating this guide with he addition of the 3.10 cluster jewels and whatnot? i am playing in league right now and have managed to farm up enough for a 1 passive voices and im now building wealth to purchase a legacy vessel of vinktar.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info