3.6 CI Bane/Blight , budget league starter, under 100c 800k+ shaper DPS

Intro

Hey guys, welcome to my first published build . im at my 4th or 5th season with this one. last season i had a blast with a caustic arrow build and i figured out bane was a pimped version of caustic arrow, i realy like the skill animation and its mechanics. im a big fan of trying new things as well so here it goes

as this is my first build i will try to update it with videos,gear updates. please feel free to give suggestions or constructive feedback

Brand new video
quick run of bosses , a little frisky on the phenix fight cause i tryed him earlyer with 109 % increased fire damage, 70% increased area of effect and elemental weakness, dont try this at home , its impossible lol this fight goes pretty well tho,

in this video:
-phrenix t16
-phantasmagoria t16
-chimaera t16
-hydra t16 with Bullshit mods, 1 death :(

t16 bosses video

Current cleared content :
Lvl83 memory boss.
Catarina (mastermind )
Chimaera.
Hydra
Pheonix.
Elder.

UPDATE 1:
added blight support gems options,
added ebers unification
modified calculations

Update 2: added current budget items and first showcase video. added a trickster version of the POB if youd rather have a lower ES pool but better Evade, similar damage same budget

Update 3,updated POB to its final version , updated gear section to its final version , added t15 video. left to do : clean up this messy guide , add shaper/elder video , add overpriced items

This build is a budget version, estimated cost under 200 chaos a lot of builds show insane amount of dps wich you can only sustain for 1-2 seconds in perfect condition wich you can rarely ever achieve.some builds even suggest over 1 million dps budget builds and with over 20 exas invested you can hardly hit over 100k (hank the tank for example)
This build can sustain easily over 800 000 shaper dps. up to a maximum of 1 450 000 dps On a 5 link easily 1.6 millions if on a 6 link With9000 Energy shield, please See math tab for details

Maths_behind_the_build
all these numbers need to be updated, will be back with details soon

Current_items
almost done with the leveling phase, atm lvl 87 i guess you could say the build is almost done heres what im using.

what it gives :
10 k ES,(10.5k by lvl 92) 200 000 bane dps, 800 000 blight dps (boss)
imune to chill ,freeze and stun,
pretty sure im still under 150 c

POB
both version are the same exact build but different base classes/ascendency and body armour, the rest is exactly the same

Witch version

Trickster version,(not updated)

Pros
-super fast clear speed
-tanky with cheap high ES, Block and 2 defensive curses
-easy to level
-all content viable
-immune to reflect

cons
-slower on boss kills
-CI builds are harder for beginners
-c̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶g̶e̶n̶ ̶m̶a̶p̶s̶ tricky but can run no regen maps by replacing enfeeble with assassins mark

ascendency
1-wicked ward
2/3-vile bastion/profane bloom
4-Malediction

for 2nd/3rd pick wichever you feel you lack the most,clear speed or tankyness

leveling
ill keep this rather simple, just get w/e you can find with these stats

skills
lvl 2: contagion, and blight until level 24
lvl 24:bane, linked with enfeeble and despair then add these supports in order
-efficacy
-controlled destruction
-swift affliction

offensive
spell damage,
damage over time
non ailment chaos damage multiplier.

defensive
Energy shield.
resists

early_items
lifesprig wands
tabula rasa
goldrim

wanderlust

Mandatory_uniques
Allelopathy

notable uniques
1 or 2Spreading rot
Ebers( thanks faytte)

Skill_gems

All the gems are in order of priority
Bane_body_armour
Bane
Despair

Enfeeble
Temporal chains(after uber lab)
Efficacy
Controlled Destruction

Blight_gloves
Blight (from gloves)

infused channelling
Efficacy
faster casting
controlled destruction

Auras_Boots/Helmet
Malevolence
Vaal Discipline
vaal blight

increased duration

Immortal_call_blight_boots/helmet
Cast when damage taken(level 1)
immortal call(lvl 3)
Increased duration

Tempest shield

movement_wand/shield
Flame Dash
Faster Casting
Arcane Surge

Golem_totem_weapon/shield
Flame golem or Lightning golem or chaos golem
Chose 2
Minion Life
Minion and totem elemental resist
faster casting

or you can use wither totem to have 100 % uptime on withered status,
Spell totem
Wither
and your choice between these 2
Increased duration
multiple totem

Pantheon
Major : Lunaris
Minor: Ralakesh or Yugul

bandits
kill all

special_thanks
faytte for suggestions on wither totems and ebers and vaal blight
SA_Dza for reminding me about bandits

Outro
Thats about what i have for now, to be added in the future will be
-videos
-item links
-FAQ
Last edited by blacksoul178 on Apr 3, 2019, 11:50:07 PM
Last bumped on Jun 30, 2019, 7:29:21 PM
Reserved for updates, faqs , vids etc
Thanks, I'll give this a go.

Edit: Infused Channeling Support helps with the early levels where Blight is your main skill

Edit2: kill all bandits, I assume?
Last edited by SA_Dza on Mar 16, 2019, 1:13:27 AM
A slight variance of this is to have bane with a single linked curse (for max effectiveness) in a

And 3 curses + increased aoe in

Then your able to run a 5 or 6 linked blight CwC in your armor

I'm running poachers mark for frenzy and flask charges, but for more defense you can just run warlords mark, and a high level immortal call-cwdt somewhere.

I'm only at tier 8 maps so far so this might loose effectiveness later but it's a big QoL so far.
ign:Cursedflame
Last edited by Cursedflame on Mar 16, 2019, 5:03:20 AM
Issue with poachers is it doesn't help on bosses cause it procs on kill, so if there are no adds is kinda meh. I think Ebers for head and aleopathy gloves with an extra blight (Linked to Inc dur in your defensive setup) for the debuf is nice. Drop golems, add wither totems. Even if blight withers, totem increases up time especially while moving.
"
SA_Dza wrote:
Thanks, I'll give this a go.

Edit: Infused Channeling Support helps with the early levels where Blight is your main skill

Edit2: kill all bandits, I assume?

added the bandits, indeed kill them all

infused channeling is useful yes, but early levels it takes a full 1.6 second channel to trigger it, you will probably barely ever reach that long of a channel. infused channelin is very usefull at higher levels where it takes only .6 seconds to trigger.

as a leveling spell i found that contagion was more effective, blight was barely used
"
Cursedflame wrote:
A slight variance of this is to have bane with a single linked curse (for max effectiveness) in a

And 3 curses + increased aoe in

Then your able to run a 5 or 6 linked blight CwC in your armor

I'm running poachers mark for frenzy and flask charges, but for more defense you can just run warlords mark, and a high level immortal call-cwdt somewhere.

I'm only at tier 8 maps so far so this might loose effectiveness later but it's a big QoL so far.

i found the idea good, i doubt it works efficiently in later tiers.

bane only gets increased damage if it triggers the curses, so you re losing out on a lot of damage wich that +2 skill wont compensate.

allelopathy is itself a pseudo 6 link.

blight lvl 22 (blight+empower 3)
and 4 support gems

the difference in damage between socketing them in the gloves is neglectible(10%ish) while for bane its almost 50 % in a 5 sockets only, almost 75 % if you get a 6l body armor

also ,

-we do not hit, so we cannot leech ( except from soulrend hit wich is very minor) i am considering removing soulrend in hope for better blight damage because it doesnt hurt as much as i hoped

-poachers mark is useless on bosses as all its benefits are from killing also since we dont have frenzy charge nodes the damage it gives is very minor ,

-warlord mark is useless for the same reason, also we cannot leech or stun as we dont have any life
"
faytte wrote:
Issue with poachers is it doesn't help on bosses cause it procs on kill, so if there are no adds is kinda meh. I think Ebers for head and aleopathy gloves with an extra blight (Linked to Inc dur in your defensive setup) for the debuf is nice. Drop golems, add wither totems. Even if blight withers, totem increases up time especially while moving.

i like the idea of ebers i dont think we realy need an increased duration blight, but i think everyone should edit the to their own liking.

golem is there mostly as a filler spell , i will add a spell totem suggestion it is probably better on boss fights to have a 100% uptime on wither than an extra % damage or cast speed
"
blacksoul178 wrote:
"
faytte wrote:

i like the idea of ebers i dont think we realy need an increased duration blight, but i think everyone should edit the to their own liking.

golem is there mostly as a filler spell , i will add a spell totem suggestion it is probably better on boss fights to have a 100% uptime on wither than an extra % damage or cast speed

The increased duration is on a solo vaal blight gem, just for the purpose of the vaal blight debuff, which is a 20% 'more' damage increase while its up. Think it's pretty good to pile on loads of damage on bosses.

Basically you would have: cast when damage taken, cry, increased duration, vaal blight and cast vaal blight manually. You would use aleopathy for your actual normal blight casting.

I also think Ebers is probably our BiS. While the gaze range is short, for bosses you can keep it up, and its a -20% resistance buff which is huge, though you sacrifice some ES for it.
I really like the idea. I'll add it to the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info