3.6 CI Bane/Blight , budget league starter, under 100c 800k+ shaper DPS

The issue With bane is that only the first curse adds the 47% multiplier, the second curse only adds an aprox 32% with the 3rd one ~26% or so.

Multipliers from different support gems / sources:
1x 100*1.47 = 147
2x 100*1.47*1.47 = 216
3x 100*1.47*1.47 = 317
Multipliers from curses with bane:
1x 100*1.47 = 147
2x 100*(1.47+0.47) = 194
3x 100*(1.47+0.47+0.47) = 241

Which means having a single curse on bane with the rest being normal damage supports like controlled destruction + void manipulation adds up to way more damage.

A 6 linked bane with 3 curses is about 232k dps in my pob, but a 6 linked bane with 1 curse does 290k (without empower)

Comparatively a 4 linked bane in helmet (+2) with 1 curse is about 175k dps which isn't that far off the 6 linked 3 curse setup.

I'm personally trying to get +2/+2 corruption on the helmet from temple and then to run something like a 6 linked blight in armor.
ign:Cursedflame
"
Cursedflame wrote:
The issue With bane is that only the first curse adds the 47% multiplier, the second curse only adds an aprox 32% with the 3rd one ~26% or so.

1x 100*1.47 = 147
2x 100*1.47*1.47 = 216
3x 100*1.47*1.47 = 317
1x 100*1.47 = 147
2x 100*(1.47+0.47) = 194

Which means having a single curse on bane with the rest being normal damage supports like controlled destruction + void manipulation adds up to way more damage.

A 6 linked bane with 3 curses is about 232k dps in my pob, but a 6 linked bane with 1 curse does 290k (without empower)

Comparatively a 4 linked bane in helmet (+2) with 1 curse is about 175k dps which isn't that far off the 6 linked 3 curse setup.

I'm personally trying to get +2/+2 corruption on the helmet from temple and then to run something like a 6 linked blight in armor.

The thing is, the fourth curse isn't needed for bosses. Nothing you can apply really helps, it would only help clear speed which is already a non issue. Optimally you are looking at applying 3 curses overall, which you can do via 2 on bane without much of a dps lost over a single curse bane, and 1 via either Blasphemy or a Witchfire Brew. I prefer Blasphemy personally since I don't have to worry about it going down on a boss.

Of course blasphemy reserves mana, but generally also seems irrelevant. The other options are malevolance which frankly does not add much damage--the duration is largely irrelevant as dots should not ever fall off the boss, and its core 'more' multiplier isn't very high. Zealotry reserves far too much for what it gives similarly. Eventually when you don't need discipline and just use vaal discipline you can use malevolance + blaspehmy, or even get an amulet that removes the reserve for the curse you want to aura.

So if you don't need a fourth curse on a boss, the curse gloves kind of lose their value, because aleopathy bane being level 22 blight makes it compare favorably to a 6 link situation.
Good points all, I'll try to play around with it and see how it works out, the 4th curse truly is pretty useless as it stands.
ign:Cursedflame
"
Cursedflame wrote:

1x 100*1.47 = 147
2x 100*1.47*1.47 = 216
3x 100*1.47*1.47 = 317
1x 100*1.47 = 147
2x 100*(1.47+0.47) = 194

Using my pob link a 3 curse bane with efficiency is 195k dps. 6 linked with controlled destruction is at 270k.
Having more curses increase duration

A 6 linked blight in body armour would give 70 kdps per stack at most.
While in allelopathy would give 65k DPS per stack

Keep in mind only 3 curses are useful.
Temp chains is probably the most useful defensively and offensively by increasing debuff durations.
Despair obviously for increased damage
And enfeeble for survival

Also. If you are using a 6 link blight. You will most likely use

Blight
Infused channeling
Controlled destruction
Void manipulation

And lastly empower. And faster cast. .not swift affliction.
Why faster cast and not swift affliction ?.

Cast rate without swift affliction: 5.15
With faster cast. 6.80

2 second channeling
W/ affliction. 10 stacks @ 70k DPS.= 700 000
W/ fast cast 13 stacks @ 65k DPS = 845 000

3 second channeling
W/affliction 15 stacks = 1 050 000
W/faster cast 20 stacks = 1 300 000

I highly doubt during any serious encounter you could stand still and channel for more than 2 seconds.
Allelopathy costs ~ 5 chaos and works exactly like a 6 link
Beast fur shawl 6 links is 5 exa ATM. .
Less damage. Over 100 times the price
Is it my bad math or is a fully support blight on aleopathy (controlled destruction, infused channeling, efficacy, void manipulation) more damage than the same setup with CwC Soul Rend?
"
faytte wrote:
Is it my bad math or is a fully support blight on aleopathy (controlled destruction, infused channeling, efficacy, void manipulation) more damage than the same setup with CwC Soul Rend?

nope, the math is perfect. i updated the build a little, updated POB also . and updated the math part ( while being pretty conservative) there is a major upgrade in dps and sustain.

also soulrend has shitty targetting.
i prefer faster cast to void manipulations though it is not a big difference tho. and stay away from swift affliction
Awesome!

Why dread banner?

quite frankly dread banner is there only because theres an open spot, you could add anything else
it gives us 2 % extra evade chance, we can easily afford the mana reservation,

i guess thinking about it, it would probably be best to use arctic armor or remove enlighten, and dread banner, add an increased duration and vaal blight,
then add tempest shield with our cwdt setup
what about bane 6L on cane of unravelling ?
"
Alykk wrote:
what about bane 6L on cane of unravelling ?

Since this build is focused around high ES and CI a staff would not be recommended. A 200 ES shield is over 1000 ES total and you can get one with spell damaged and cast speed for 5-15 chaos. Add a decent wand between 10-30 chaos

A 6 link Cane of unraveling is over 4 exa Wich could gear this whole build and the power charges lines are useless

If you really want to try a bane staff build . I'd suggest going for an hp 1 skill build. With a +3 curses staff . Empower 4 . bane 21.. enfeeble .despair. efficacy. Controlled destruction.(or temps chains for tankiness)
With something dodgy like a kintsugi. Lvl 21 grace . And either good staff block or acrobatics . Not sure might be better as a ranger also.

I can draft you a talent tree or a basic pob if that's what you want to try. But it will be far from budget friendly or League starter

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info