[3.9] Physical Conversion Bowyer | Wander [TS/LA/IS + Barrage] [KB + Power Siphon] [All Content]

"
nikes0987 wrote:
Can someone check my profile an tell me why im lacking dmg? :X

Hey there, I found out the reason why you were lacking damage.

You forgot to take a mana leech node on the tree. Without it, you were recovering mana only through your jewel, which isn't enough to sustain it. That meant that you were using your default attack most of the time for bosses.

The dps you had for bosses was probably only 30% of your actual dps since you were firing off 2 barrages and then default attacking. This meant you had no life recovery either which made it super rippy. You probably don't need to follow any of the gear suggestions from earlier, but they will further add to your dps.
Last edited by Enahkra on Apr 16, 2019, 12:57:02 PM
"
Severinus3 wrote:
Hey just wanna say that I appreciate the very informative guide! Am looking to get some huge AoE clear with phys explode implicit weapon in Synthesis, so thought of KB, especially since I haven't played wanders since forever :P Hope it turns out well!
Btw have you tried buffed fork instead of pierce, your thoughts? I'm thinking of using that since fork + chain is a nice combo

Thanks for the support :)

I have tested the fork + chain combo to some extent, but only on my mirrored wander in standard. I never tried fork by itself in place of pierce. Overall it just felt different... Like for most scenarios both pierce and fork + chain seemed to do equally well. But there were some situations where one was superior over the other. For chain + fork, I could really notice a difference running maps with lots of corners. Catacombs/Necropolis, even UGS come to mind. Also in open area maps like Dunes, Chain + Fork felt somewhat cleaner in clearing the screen, but not as good for offscreen clear. On the other hand, Pierce felt better for those more narrow linear maps like the T16 guardians. Also, when I ran a map with a ton of mob density, Pierce seemed to have better luck wiping out entire packs with one shots.

If I were trying to buff clear on KB, I would probably go with Chain + Fork combo, Chain IMO is much more important than Fork. Then I would invest in some pierce on the tree, prob through the Piercing Shots cluster + maybe mastercraft the +1 pierce on helm. And I would probably link Herald of Ice to Ele Prolif etc, and use elder gloves w/ %phys converted to cold mastercraft + 70% to crit multi, etc. just to get some more damage on KB, since you would need to sacrifice Pierce + WED, which might reduce the damage on KB too much in temp leagues. This all comes at the expense of a good amount of single target damage though so it really depends on what level of content you plan on running, and also the huge mana cost might be a bit tough to deal with without sacrificing a Herald. I'm not too sure about that though since I was using Legacy Vinktar in standard.

"
streej wrote:
Should i go with multimode on this ring and craft life + flat phys or cold damage, or even 20% inc. damage?

Wow that is an insane ring. It's too early to tell which will be better without knowing your full setup though, because the damage difference between the flat phys, cold, and 20% incr damage is very small. In most setups I think the 20% incr damage will be better. And yeah I would multimod it.
Last edited by Enahkra on Apr 16, 2019, 3:21:51 PM
"
Enahkra wrote:
"
geoing00 wrote:

Edit: By the way I really like your Frost Bomb + COH + Proj Weakness setup. Do you find it reliable for cursing guardians/shaper? Several others have been using that setup too I'm thinking about suggesting that over Orb of Storms in the guide.

Frost bomb is pretty strong (-25% cold resitances). It reliables on your skill with prediction of boss moving since frost bomb explodes with little delay. I dont know if Orb of Storms can shock coz it would increase our damage insanely, and I have to check it later (or u can post answer there :) ).
Last edited by geoing00 on Apr 16, 2019, 2:21:21 PM
"

Frost bomb is pretty strong (-25% cold resitances). It reliables on your skill with prediction of boss moving since frost bomb explodes with little delay. I dont know if Orb of Storms can shock coz it would increase our damage insanely, and I have to check it later (or u can post answer there :) ).

Orb of Storms can shock in theory, but we don't scale lightning/spell damage so it doesn't have enough damage to shock bosses at all.

My only concern with frost bomb is that it seems the curse is applied only when the frost bomb explodes after 2 seconds. For the first two seconds you only get the -25% cold resists. For orb of storms setup, cursing happens immediately and it requires less prediction, I think. But for hexproof and less curse effect maps, the -25% cold resists is more damage than proj weakness curse... But for other maps the proj weakness curse will give more damage...

Still not too sure which to go with...
"
Enahkra wrote:
"

Orb of Storms can shock in theory, but we don't scale lightning/spell damage so it doesn't have enough damage to shock bosses at all.

My only concern with frost bomb is that it seems the curse is applied only when the frost bomb explodes after 2 seconds. For the first two seconds you only get the -25% cold resists. For orb of storms setup, cursing happens immediately and it requires less prediction, I think. But for hexproof and less curse effect maps, the -25% cold resists is more damage than proj weakness curse... But for other maps the proj weakness curse will give more damage...

Still not too sure which to go with...

-25% cold res + curse after >>>>>>>> instant curse IMO :)
"
geoing00 wrote:

-25% cold res + curse after >>>>>>>> instant curse IMO :)

Haha that is true; especially for longer boss fights. yeah I think I will suggest the frost bomb but leave orb of storms as a secondary option for the lazier people :)
Last edited by Enahkra on Apr 16, 2019, 3:18:26 PM
"
Enahkra wrote:

I have tested the fork + chain combo to some extent, but only on my mirrored wander in standard. I never tried fork by itself in place of pierce. Overall it just felt different... Like for most scenarios both pierce and fork + chain seemed to do equally well. But there were some situations where one was superior over the other. For chain + fork, I could really notice a difference running maps with lots of corners. Catacombs/Necropolis, even UGS come to mind. Also in open area maps like Dunes, Chain + Fork felt somewhat cleaner in clearing the screen, but not as good for offscreen clear. On the other hand, Pierce felt better for those more narrow linear maps like the T16 guardians. Also, when I ran a map with a ton of mob density, Pierce seemed to have better luck wiping out entire packs with one shots.

Awsome thanks! Will try, chain + fork might indeed be best for my UGS

"
Enahkra wrote:

If I were trying to buff clear on KB, I would probably go with Chain + Fork combo, Chain IMO is much more important than Fork. Then I would invest in some pierce on the tree, prob through the Piercing Shots cluster + maybe mastercraft the +1 pierce on helm. And I would probably link Herald of Ice to Ele Prolif etc, and use elder gloves w/ %phys converted to cold mastercraft + 70% to crit multi, etc. just to get some more damage on KB, since you would need to sacrifice Pierce + WED, which might reduce the damage on KB too much in temp leagues. This all comes at the expense of a good amount of single target damage though so it really depends on what level of content you plan on running, and also the huge mana cost might be a bit tough to deal with without sacrificing a Herald. I'm not too sure about that though since I was using Legacy Vinktar in standard.

Won't the +2 or +3 pierce kinda ruin the chain/fork though? Since proj first pierces and if there's no mobs behind it won't fork/chain. I'll try it though :D

And I'm assuming you mean Herald of Ash with ele prolif, but even then don't think that's the right choice because GGG removed that interaction :P I plan to link HoA with at least burn dmg, possibly ele focus/swift affliction.

And I was thinking of using conversion implicit gloves with conversion craft and skip hatred (yea, big dmg loss but I think I'll need grace to cap QoTF, and extra ms from w Eye is nice), might try elder gloves if dmg feels too low. Thanks for the tips ^^
"
Severinus3 wrote:

Won't the +2 or +3 pierce kinda ruin the chain/fork though? Since proj first pierces and if there's no mobs behind it won't fork/chain. I'll try it though :D

And I'm assuming you mean Herald of Ash with ele prolif, but even then don't think that's the right choice because GGG removed that interaction :P I plan to link HoA with at least burn dmg, possibly ele focus/swift affliction.

And I was thinking of using conversion implicit gloves with conversion craft and skip hatred (yea, big dmg loss but I think I'll need grace to cap QoTF, and extra ms from w Eye is nice), might try elder gloves if dmg feels too low. Thanks for the tips ^^

The pierce will negatively affect the chain + fork to some degree but it will help you more with offscreen clear and penetrating very large packs of mobs. I wasnt aware you planned on doing UGS. In that case pierce may not be needed. For a map like Channel, pierce is much better. I think you may still want +1 or +2 pierce just to get a good balance for all situations. Having too much pierce would definitely make chain and fork useless. Having a little pierce may help with clear.

Also I think if you were to use the wand with the implicit: enemies explode dealing % life as phys damage, using herald of ice with ele prolif will increase ur aoe. Its sorta like a mini impulsa’s elementalist HOI prolif build. When you kill an enemy with KB, the ele prolif first takes effect and chill/freeze spreads to all nearby enemies. Then the first enemy explodes dealing physical damage + HOI shatter damage to all nearby enemies. Since the initial freeze/chill has already proliferated, anything the explosion kills will likewise proc more physical explosions + HOI shatters without having to crit. Without ele prolif gem linked to HOI I think the explosions will have less of an effect bc it may not trigger shatters/HOI as consistently. You may also need to buff HOI for this to work well. This is all speculation though since I havent verified it in game. TBH Im not too sure if the physical explosion will be that good. We dont really scale it that well since most of the phys wanders damage comes from ele modifiers rather than %phys. However, Im not too sure if the phys damage from the explosions can be converted. If it can, that would be awesome and everything I said in the previous two sentence would be wrong.

Edit: Im wrong, the initial KB hit wont prolif but subsequent mobs killed by HOI will. Still should buff aoe in the same way that inpulsas ele prolif elementalist does

Yeah that works too! With 50% conversion on gloves Im not too sure if u can run phys reflect though. Keep me updated on the build! This seems interesting
Last edited by Enahkra on Apr 16, 2019, 5:34:15 PM
BTW can u look at my wander in PoB? Even with loreweave/farruls fur I am missing LOT OF DAMAGE :/
"
geoing00 wrote:
BTW can u look at my wander in PoB? Even with loreweave/farruls fur I am missing LOT OF DAMAGE :/

Hey I will check after work when I have access to POB. Will be a few hours

Edit: can you send me your current POB?
Last edited by Enahkra on Apr 16, 2019, 8:42:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info