[3.9] Physical Conversion Bowyer | Wander [TS/LA/IS + Barrage] [KB + Power Siphon] [All Content]

Made revisions to the helm + boot section of the guide and combined them into one section. Also made some minor edits to the ring section.
I've been playing with a semi-budget version of your build and I must say I'm very happy with it so far, although I'm still low level and lots of upgrades to get. I'm only level 88 and still wearing a some really questionable gear. Despite that, I have 2.9mil shaper dps. So I'm very impressed with the performance this build can put out even without really good gear. I mentioned that I'm using semi-budget version because I have access to leg vinktar and a decent amulet I'll finish crafting later.

Since I have my phys wand in synthesis (crafted with implicit), I started experimenting in std with poet's pen.

The physical damage added per level gives it a decent amount of physical damage and you can get some useful corruptions easily.

It is far from ideal but it's just an idea for those who want to start of the really budget side. Last I checked they were going for around 30c in league. And it does perform well until the later part of the game (PS: I used it to level my character from level 12 onward with barrage and then kb, yes, I levelled as a wander as soon as I could and it performed really well).

Another cheap option for those who don't have elder rings with life gain on hit (or in my case what I used until I could equip my flasks) is Thief's Torment ring.

Edit: You can use the unique property of poet's pen to trigger skills that boost your dps too. Currently I'm using projectile weakness and frost bomb.

Anyway really good guide and thanks for sharing it. I always liked wanders but never played a physical one and because of this guide I'm feeling how much more responsive a physical wander feels compared to an elemental (most likely due to the smaller gap between damage rolls).

Keep up the good work Enahkra!
Last edited by z4ktan on Apr 10, 2019, 3:37:34 PM
"
z4ktan wrote:
I've been playing with a semi-budget version of your build and I must say I'm very happy with it so far, although I'm still low level and lots of upgrades to get. I'm only level 88 and still wearing a some really questionable gear. Despite that, I have 2.9mil shaper dps. So I'm very impressed with the performance this build can put out even without really good gear. I mentioned that I'm using semi-budget version because I have access to leg vinktar and a decent amulet I'll finish crafting later.

Since I have my phys wand in synthesis (crafted with implicit), I started experimenting in std with poet's pen.

The physical damage added per level gives it a decent amount of physical damage and you can get some useful corruptions easily.

It is far from ideal but it's just an idea for those who want to start of the really budget side. Last I checked they were going for around 30c in league. And it does perform well until the later part of the game (PS: I used it to level my character from level 12 onward with barrage and then kb, yes, I levelled as a wander as soon as I could and it performed really well).

Another cheap option for those who don't have elder rings with life gain on hit (or in my case what I used until I could equip my flasks) is Thief's Torment ring.

Edit: You can use the unique property of poet's pen to trigger skills that boost your dps too. Currently I'm using projectile weakness and frost bomb.

Anyway really good guide and thanks for sharing it. I always liked wanders but never played a physical one and because of this guide I'm feeling how much more responsive a physical wander feels compared to an elemental (most likely due to the smaller gap between damage rolls).

Keep up the good work Enahkra!

Thanks for the support! I'm glad more people are starting to play phys wanders again.

That vinktar flask is so OP; it opens up so many doors for the build. Not having to rely on elder rings is a huge advantage. Sadly with how they nerfed leech this patch, the flask has experienced a slight nerf. Instead of instant leech its more like +550 LGOH, which I guess is close enough to instant leech haha. On some rare occasions though, I can definitely feel the nerf.

If you can somehow get to the 6-7mil+ dps range, I would suggest leaning more towards my min-max guide and aim for max dps at the expense of resistances, because boss fights will be short enough that your flasks should never run out.

I've included a POB for a temp league phys wander with 8mil ish dps using 3 mod jewels. You can check it out in the Introduction of the guide. I think in standard, if you replace the rare boots with bubonic trails and use a full setup of legacy wise oak/TOH/Dying Sun/Legacy Vinktar/legacy barrage enchant, you can easily pass 10mil dps, especially if you get some 4 mod jewels.

Also, great idea on using Poet's Pen for levelling, especially with the proj weakness + Frost bomb combo. When I add a levelling section in the near future, I will definitely include that thank you.

I also noticed too that ele wanders seem to be a bit more inconsistent for damage. Sometimes they'll do a huge amount of damage in a single hit and other times it's like you aren't wearing any gear or something. I think you're definitely spot on about the roll ranges. That 10-fold variance for lightning flat vs. 1.5-fold variance for phys flat seems to be the reason. Most fights are short enough that this difference can be noticeable.
Last edited by Enahkra on Apr 11, 2019, 3:36:06 AM
Added a Phys vs Ele wanding analysis to the introduction. A lot of people have been asking about which wander type to play so hopefully this will answer most of those questions.

What about this kind of chest vs loreweave?
"
streej wrote:
What about this kind of chest vs loreweave?

I think overall a Loreweave will still be better.

That elder chest will give you between 2-5% more dps depending on the roll of the Loreweave. But without Loreweave, you lose some attributes which means you'll probably need a higher strength roll elsewhere to reach the ~100 strength requirement. But more importantly, you lose out on the 78% max res. The 78% max res on Loreweave is equal to about ~600 extra life when you take ele damage, which is pretty significant. Also you will have to carry a Warding flask or get 109% overcapped resists to run ele weakness maps safely which means you'll have to sacrifice some damage elsewhere. Another issue is that making your barrage a 7-link will raise the mana cost. Overall Loreweave will still make you tankier and have higher damage.

Added poe trade links to the jewel section for both abyss and regular 3 mod jewels to make gearing a little easier. Having a full set of these in your setup will be sufficient for all endgame content if you follow the gearing suggestions in the rest of the guide.
Last edited by Enahkra on Apr 12, 2019, 5:37:53 AM

Just crafted this beauty. I spent like 2k of alterations + I annuled this to get solo %phys by the second try. It cost me something like 6exalteds.

I am enjoying this build so far, but I have troubles with mana costs. I'll invest in enlighten lv4 to take off +2 mana gained jewel. Actually 1.4kk shaper DPS and 4.6k HP but I am only 84 level and missing some mandatory stuff like conversion gloves with abyss slot which would cost something more than 1ex, or 4mod jewels. After that Ill try to get Farrul's Fur instead of Loreweave + aspect of cat ring to have power charges and frenzy charges even on bosses. Nice guide.
"
geoing00 wrote:

Just crafted this beauty. I spent like 2k of alterations + I annuled this to get solo %phys by the second try. It cost me something like 6exalteds.

I am enjoying this build so far, but I have troubles with mana costs. I'll invest in enlighten lv4 to take off +2 mana gained jewel. Actually 1.4kk shaper DPS and 4.6k HP but I am only 84 level and missing some mandatory stuff like conversion gloves with abyss slot which would cost something more than 1ex, or 4mod jewels. After that Ill try to get Farrul's Fur instead of Loreweave + aspect of cat ring to have power charges and frenzy charges even on bosses. Nice guide.

wow nice wand! That's pretty lucky for a Merciless. Ive had several people tell me it took them 5k+ alts to hit it.

Yeah mana cost is a problem since barrage just eats up mana too quickly for normal leech + regen to compensate. However, you still need to have a +2 mana gain on hit on either ring or jewel even if you get an Enlighten 4. The enlighten provides more room for making mistakes because you can miss 1-2 more times without being stuck with your default attack, so it's a good quality of life bonus, but cant substitute for the mana gain on hit mod.

If you find yourself getting stunned too often and dying as a result, you can check out a new FAQ section I added about how to get stun immunity. It will help a lot since you lose both damage + life recovery when you get stunned. Especially at only 4.6k, stun can be a big issue depending on what content you're doing.

If you want to farm T16 guardians/shaper, etc. I would suggest sticking to Loreweave. But if you are just doing maps Farrul's will be good enough.

Synthesis is a pretty dead league, so I haven't seen any good 4 mod abyss jewels up lately. However, you can definitely look for 4 mod regular jewels which will provide nearly as much damage. They can cost anywhere from 30c-3ex+ depending on the seller so I'd recommend having a live search up. Make sure the jewel has at least these 3 mods: %life, %crit multi, and %attack speed with wands or while holding shield. It's best to get cobalt jewels for the tree and searchings for the gear. If you get a full set of 4 mod regular jewels in tree and 3 mod searchings in gear, get to lvl 93-95ish, and follow my other gear suggestions closely, you can easily have 3.5mil+ dps no problem.

Last edited by Enahkra on Apr 13, 2019, 1:58:22 PM
Thx for the guide! I really enjoy the build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info