[3.9] Physical Conversion Bowyer | Wander [TS/LA/IS + Barrage] [KB + Power Siphon] [All Content]

Sorry for the double post.

I'm trying to lower this build's barrier of entry, so I've added a new section on how to craft budget dps rings for ~half an exalt each. My playtesters have verified they are indeed easily viable for endgame although some extra care is needed in certain situations. I plan on adding a similar one for amulets very soon.

From now on, nobody should buy their rings/amulet. They should all be self-crafted. Countless people following this guide have ended up wasting exalts buying terrible jewelry that are much worse than the cheap self-crafted ones. I think elder LGOH rings should be treated as a luxury at this point. Even semi-garbage ones are super expensive and it's harming many setups w/ more modest budgets. People end up overpaying for trashy yet expensive elder rings and don't have enough ex left over to improve their dps gear. I think people will do fine with ~1.5k less life recovery/second at least until they can afford to transition to elder LGOH rings, or just stick with regular dps rings if they have no complaints about recovery rate.

I've also added a POB pastebin for a "budget" version. This version should cost around 15-16 ex total and have around 5mil barrage dps for Uber Elder/Shaper without inflation.

Also my playtester managed to kill Uber Elder without using any ascendancy. The implications are that this gear setup should be viable for any ascendancy from Witch/Ranger/Shadow. The video link is below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or4_1UG8dUA&t=2s
Last edited by Enahkra on Sep 27, 2019, 6:21:13 AM
https://pastebin.com/0pxEqLkc

I tried out Assasin in your new budget POB and I find some interesting things.

If I try to recreate the tree from PF to Ass (4.5 mil DPS tree), I will lose 15% total increased Maximum Life (around 300 life), which comes from the Ranger starting area so that's understandable. But then I lost another ~400k DPS even if I tried to use the 6 passive points on damage and/or life. I know the extra proj from PF makes all the difference (568k DPS) but still, 300 life is hard to compenstate.

In the 3.7 mil DPS tree, granted it's a lot more defensive but all I did was getting some more Attack/Spell dodge, my %total maximum life equal to PF's tree and lost another 800k DPS.

I changed the Ass' gear accordingly, imported Mistwalker's boost but maybe the +1 min End. charges suffix hurted my damage in 3 jewelry slots, I tried to be more defensive after all, which should mean that it'll cost me offense. More damage from Opportunistic is a bit conditional and only applicable in uElder fight so I didn't bother with it.

Assasin has some great defensive benefits but the more I look at it, the more conditional and a bit niche-r it gets.
Added a new amulet section for a cheap budget version that you can use before upgrading to a better version, or you can continue to run it if you don't have too high of standards. I will adjust the leveling guide to reflect these changes soon.

"
oMySunshine wrote:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/0pxEqLkc

I tried out Assasin in your new budget POB and I find some interesting things.

If I try to recreate the tree from PF to Ass (4.5 mil DPS tree), I will lose 15% total increased Maximum Life (around 300 life), which comes from the Ranger starting area so that's understandable. But then I lost another ~400k DPS even if I tried to use the 6 passive points on damage and/or life. I know the extra proj from PF makes all the difference (568k DPS) but still, 300 life is hard to compenstate.

In the 3.7 mil DPS tree, granted it's a lot more defensive but all I did was getting some more Attack/Spell dodge, my %total maximum life equal to PF's tree and lost another 800k DPS.

I changed the Ass' gear accordingly, imported Mistwalker's boost but maybe the +1 min End. charges suffix hurted my damage in 3 jewelry slots, I tried to be more defensive after all, which should mean that it'll cost me offense. More damage from Opportunistic is a bit conditional and only applicable in uElder fight so I didn't bother with it.

Assasin has some great defensive benefits but the more I look at it, the more conditional and a bit niche-r it gets.

You can't take Opportunistic if you want it to rival PF. It has to be Ambush and Assassinate.

Here's what I had in mind.

You have so much crit that you can drop Diamond flask for another dps one like Atziri's Promise or Wise Oak. Even a Silver flask works if you need a suffix. And then use Cyclopean Coil to maintain ailment immunity. Diamond rings are still very useful, for the sole purpose of giving you enough crit so that you can replace your rare amulet with Maryllene's Fallacy and still reach the crit cap. This will give you a ridiculous amt of dps. B/c there's so much multi, multi + crit nodes become devalued on the tree and you drop those to get more life/other dps nodes like pen, etc.

Here's just a sketch; i haven't optimized it at all.

https://pastebin.com/97AaMASV

You have way more burst dps than PF, you also have similar movespeed, you have more layers of defense via Elusive + you take no extra damage from crit, and you get 8% reduced damage (higher than PF's 6%). Although yes PF will have flasks always up and have way higher less fire/cold damage taken from TOH/Dying Sun implicit. Also, Assassin has +2 endurance constantly up which gives a good amt of phys mitigation. Add this to the fact that Culling strike isnt even factored in and is usually another ~500k-1mil more dps.

It's debatable, I think PF is better still, but Assassin is definitely a contender. Way better than Deadeye/Raider.

Also, the burst dps is an underestimate because once the boss reaches low life, your dps increases.
Last edited by Enahkra on Sep 28, 2019, 12:17:06 AM
Yeah I overlooked Ambush and Assasinate because I thought that we already oneshotted packs so the damage on full life is wasted while the damage on low life doesn't matter in Shaper/uElder fights with their health bar. Big mistake, totally untrue.

A&A help with pack clearing (maybe we can even kill rares in one shot with culling now) and finish boss quickly -> more safety, low life is 35% which is a lot on chunky bosses so it's even more valuable. I was so focused being reflect immune with 100% crit (totally doable on endgame setup) that I forgot those nodes, yikes, I can see the big picture clearly now.

I guess the Shadow starting path isn't that efficient in terms of DPS, nice catch. Gonna sacrifice some nodes to get Phase Acro because damage isn't going to be a problem (or I won't focus too much on dodge since it's not a Raider). I'm still going to path to Golem's Blood, Fury Bolts and Bravery because

I lost 2% life, 70 INT but a lot more useful stats like 60 STR and 480k DPS. The global accuracy from Wandslinger is replaced by Fury Bolts and Art of the Gladiator. I get more attack speed and more damage (34% wand damage to 50% proj damage). The 2-node jewel socket is replaced so no biggie, Snowforge for better gearing instead of 3-node jewel socket. Master of Force could be replace with 3-node jewel socket if STR isn't needed anymore.

Do you think this kind of pathing will work? Remarkable losts are mere 0.17 attack rate and 70 INT so I think it can work, still use the same gear. Lost some ES which might be good for EB but as much as I hate to say this (because I insisted people on trying it out), I don't think EB is good anymore. Might have something to do with ES versus mana mechanic but I feel like sustaining ES with 1 +3 jewel isn't enough, getting 2 would be wasteful so that idea should be scratched.

Got some budget gear improve for now xd Should've known Bubonic and DPS shield will hit my resist hard and I'm not LongSiu to fix it with unlimited budget lol. Another lesson learn for next time.
Last edited by oMySunshine on Sep 28, 2019, 1:10:43 AM
How does vengeant cascade interact with kinetic blast?
Also, what does Transfiguration of Body do exactly?
"
oMySunshine wrote:
Spoiler
Yeah I overlooked Ambush and Assasinate because I thought that we already oneshotted packs so the damage on full life is wasted while the damage on low life doesn't matter in Shaper/uElder fights with their health bar. Big mistake, totally untrue.

A&A help with pack clearing (maybe we can even kill rares in one shot with culling now) and finish boss quickly -> more safety, low life is 35% which is a lot on chunky bosses so it's even more valuable. I was so focused being reflect immune with 100% crit (totally doable on endgame setup) that I forgot those nodes, yikes, I can see the big picture clearly now.

I guess the Shadow starting path isn't that efficient in terms of DPS, nice catch. Gonna sacrifice some nodes to get Phase Acro because damage isn't going to be a problem (or I won't focus too much on dodge since it's not a Raider). I'm still going to path to Golem's Blood, Fury Bolts and Bravery because

I lost 2% life, 70 INT but a lot more useful stats like 60 STR and 480k DPS. The global accuracy from Wandslinger is replaced by Fury Bolts and Art of the Gladiator. I get more attack speed and more damage (34% wand damage to 50% proj damage). The 2-node jewel socket is replaced so no biggie, Snowforge for better gearing instead of 3-node jewel socket. Master of Force could be replace with 3-node jewel socket if STR isn't needed anymore.

Do you think this kind of pathing will work? Remarkable losts are mere 0.17 attack rate and 70 INT so I think it can work, still use the same gear. Lost some ES which might be good for EB but as much as I hate to say this (because I insisted people on trying it out), I don't think EB is good anymore. Might have something to do with ES versus mana mechanic but I feel like sustaining ES with 1 +3 jewel isn't enough, getting 2 would be wasteful so that idea should be scratched.

Got some budget gear improve for now xd Should've known Bubonic and DPS shield will hit my resist hard and I'm not LongSiu to fix it with unlimited budget lol. Another lesson learn for next time.

Yeah it should work just fine. I haven't looked into this yet in detail b/c there's a lot of stuff to update. I'm also grappling with a lot of new possibilities that take a lot of time to figure out if it's objectively worth it so I kinda want to get that out of the way first. Hopefully within the next few days... I think whatever you do, it'll probably be better than the Raider version.

"
SummerMelody wrote:
How does vengeant cascade interact with kinetic blast?
Also, what does Transfiguration of Body do exactly?

Vengeant Cascade is pretty terrible based on what the GGG devs have said on reddit. I haven't asked my playtester to try it out in game but according to how they described the mechanics it would be pretty ineffective for KB since the clear is already very good. The projectile returning to you doesn't trigger until your projectiles have used up all its pierce, so the effect wouldn't activate for packs with less than five rows. On top of this the cost of it is ridiculous (2 golden oils rip). It's a huge waste of an anointment slot.

Transfiguration of Body basically takes all the %increased life modifiers you have on the tree, and multiplies it by 0.3 and counts that as %increased damage.

So on average you'll have around 160% increased life on the tree. Multiply 160 x 0.3 = 48%, so the mod gives you 48% increased damage. I don't think it's ever worth it unless you decide to take a lot more life nodes. The reason is because Prism Weave gives more dps than that anointment unless you saturate all the life nodes on the right side of the tree. Doing so will enable Tenacity anointment to give slightly more dps than Prism Weave as well as 5% increased life. The cost might not justify using it though.

I think unless you have a lot of exalts the only ones worth considering are Prism Weave for more dps or Discipline and Training for a good amt of life. Constitution is the luxury version of Discipline and Training. Take Tenacity if you want a balance of damage and life.
Last edited by Enahkra on Sep 28, 2019, 5:42:19 AM
I wonder is it possible to make this work with mf gear?
I know that ele wanders can easily do mf gear but don't know if it is the same for phy wander...
If so what gear and changes would you recommend?
"
ManModeMaik wrote:
I wonder is it possible to make this work with mf gear?
I know that ele wanders can easily do mf gear but don't know if it is the same for phy wander...
If so what gear and changes would you recommend?

TL;DR: MF gear on boots, belt, ammy and rings. Stack lots of resists on helmet and shield, maybe jewels. Don't drop rare gloves. Deadeye as Ascendancy. Ele wander is better for low map, phys wander can do red maps with care and a bit more funding.

MF was discussed a while back ago so I'll do my best to recall the general idea of MF gearing.

If your resists aren't depending on some specific gear slot then you can definitely replace it with MF gear i.e rings for Ventor's or even Pariah (I prefer Ventor's), amulet for Bisco or a shaped DPS ammy (should be relatively cheap to craft), belt for Bisco's Leash and boots for Goldwyrm (if you chose to use Bubonic Trail). I'd not consider dropping rare gloves for Sadima's because the extra quant is not worth it and we won't be completely phys immune without full conversion.

While those places are mostly for DPS, they still might have some resists on it so you need to stack even more res on your remaining slots: helmet and shield, which should be easy cause you already want those as a phys wander anyways. Jewels are good for res too, and there are some nodes with %all res.

As for ascendancy you should definitely go for Deadeye, super speed, super clearspeed, great for mapping but meh at bossing. Pathfinder won't be a choice because you NEED 10% flask effect on belt, unless you want to sacrifice Bisco's Leash, PF is generally more defensive with a bit less movement speed anyways.

MF-ing as a phys wander is doable, just a bit more expensive but you can do red maps if played carefully, which is better than ele wander variant. If you're looking to farm low maps then ele wander is the better choice.

Last edited by oMySunshine on Sep 28, 2019, 8:48:04 AM
Thanks for the quick reply and thanks for this awesome guide - it is probably the best guide I have read so far!!!

I pretty much have all the mf gear including:
Greed's embrace 6L
Sadima's
Goldwyrm
Bisco Belt
Bisco Amu / also 10 IIQ shaped amu
Sentari's answer
2x Ventor with 10 IIQ

So you recommend a QOTF instead of Goldwyrm for speed I assume? - the sadima you explained why it should be dropped so I will do that.

What exact ascendancy and pantheon would you recommend for mf?
Also what about flasks do you think it would be possible to add the Divination Distillate + Soul Catcher combo for extra mf?
Last edited by ManModeMaik on Sep 28, 2019, 8:16:50 AM
Deadeye for Ascendancy if you want maximum speed, using QoTF means that you need to invest in evasion and that's a bit hard to do because you need a Jade and/or Stibnite flask to make QoTF worth using so I suggest you should just stick to Loreweave or Greed's Embrace.

Soul of Solaris or Brine King for major, Garukhan for minor (upgraded). To me being able to do map fast anf safely is much better than stacking IIQ so you should just keep using Taste of Hate and Dying Sun, with a Diamond flask, Alchemist Quicksilver of Adrenaline and Catalysed Eternal Flask with bleed removal if you don't have a corrupted blood immunity jewel.

You can stack as much IQ as you want but it'll limit the kind of content that you can do. Blight reward is better in higher tier maps so survivability and damage is better than IIQ in this case.
Last edited by oMySunshine on Sep 28, 2019, 8:45:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info