[3.9] Physical Conversion Bowyer | Wander [TS/LA/IS + Barrage] [KB + Power Siphon] [All Content]

Over 2.7k alts and seen flaring once failed annul. fun

edit: hit it twice in the next 500 failed both annuls
Last edited by Orientalmarket on Sep 24, 2019, 1:44:57 PM
Added additional info to the watcher's eye section. Also added two POBs from Blight League as sample POBs. The two characters belong to my friends who playtested for me this league and I think they serve as clean examples.

"
Over 2.7k alts and seen flaring once failed annul. fun

edit: hit it twice in the next 500 failed both annuls

yeah rng sucks. but the wand is probably the last item I'd self-craft and also the hardest. Make sure you're augmenting even for bad suffixes. It's worth it b/c you save more in the long run if you yolo annul off the bad suffix than to just alteration reroll.

"
oMySunshine wrote:
Spoiler
Sold a Clarity jewel for 8.2 ex and had some currency to spent, most of them were not very well thought out. This might be my final gear as there's not much to change and any more upgrades (I hate the Loreweave) will be too expensive for what kind of money I can make.

Killed Shaper deathless on a 4L, no picture because I was very tired and yeah, bossing with Pathfinder is just too damn good. Having flasks up to smash before you dive in feels a lot safer than just waddling towards a boss and start barraging, definitely recommend Pathfinder, even after the nerf, to bossing dedicated player. Raider is still very defensive, spell dodge saved my ass multiple times when Shaper shot out balls and Raider is just great overall, a jack of all trade I guess.

Not sure if it's the build's defense or it's my flawed mechanic that gets me killed in endgame content but it has been very frustrating. I planned on playing Assasin next league but after all this I think I will take my time learning how to manage my currency, game mechanic and just get better at the game in general. Either going back to my roots: Trickster CA or skip the next league to study to get into a good college. For now I'll get to 24 for that portal and have my break.

The build has been fun Enahkra, and that's the biggest success it can give me, thank you for yours and everyone else's effort. I hope GGG will make changes to Wander in general so that the build would be even better than it is now. Good luck to new people trying wanders!

Spoiler

Very nice; shaper on a 4L is definitely a noteworthy achievement. Good luck with your future builds man and also gl with college :)

"
Escalune wrote:

You're welcome to do so if you think it'd be useful information to share. I did reach Depth 500 then gave up because it's too much work to push to Depth 600 (I do think I could do this though).

Yeah I can only imagine how difficult it would be at that depth for a squishy wander. And thanks for the permission :)
Last edited by Enahkra on Sep 24, 2019, 6:55:42 PM
How viable is going CI with the current state ES is in? I've seen this run in 3.2 as CI.
great build/content overall

one question, I'm feeling some lack of dmg hitting guardians/high level content.

whats ur suggestion?

how can I improve my dmg, or what am I doing wrong ?
Last edited by Berkleys on Sep 25, 2019, 11:45:38 AM

feel like i just hit the jackpot with my essence craft on my helmet.

Thanks for the build been really enjoying it so far.
"
Berkleys wrote:
great build/content overall

one question, I'm feeling some lack of dmg hitting guardians/high level content.

whats ur suggestion?

how can I improve my dmg, or what am I doing wrong ?

In the guide I recommended using Deadeye only for leveling until you can make the transition to Pathfinder. Sadly the difference in bossing capability between PF and Deadeye is just huge in terms of both damage and defenses. In the guide I suggest using Deadeye only for regular map clearing, not bossing. Deadeye is especially bad at Chimera and Hydra, where you can't sustain flask uptime throughout the fight. If you don't have good flask management Deadeye is just bad for bossing unless you invest a shit ton of currency.

Right now, you need a warding suffix on your flasks. It's probably better to get a divine/eternal life flask, put staunching on there and move warding to one of your utility flasks. Without warding, you are a lot rippier and have way less dps for temp chain/enfeeble maps. You aren't using a Quicksilver of Adrenaline either which hurts your clearspeed by a lot. Sadly, this is why Deadeye sucks for endgame, because since you decided not to use Cyclopean Coil recommended in the guide, you give up clearspeed/warding for ailment immunity on your flasks which is a huge loss of QOL. On top of this it makes your clearspeed inferior to a Pathfinder despite Deadeye's tailwind + larger KB radius.

You're still missing significant damage modifiers on your gear. The +1 barrage enchant on helms is a huge damage multiplier, and the flat cold on hit boot enchant is also a giant boost to damage. Your belt also has a bit less damage than I recommended, at least for a Deadeye. You're missing the proper amulet anointment, two of your abyss jewels have bow modifiers, etc.

You also probably should have prioritized gearing a bit differently. The gloves you're currently using are a slight upgrade over the regular ones but cost several ex more to craft. With that amount of currency you could have crafted an end-game amulet, which would give a lot more dps over the one you're currently using. Also, you should be using the Prism Weave anointment, not Fending which is detrimental to the build in some cases, and useless in others.

I suggest you read the Order of Upgrade section again on the guide where I lay out the preferred upgrade order. This is basically how I upgrade all my gear to endgame to get the most potential out of the build.

If you carefully follow the self-crafted gear POB blueprint in the guide, you will have good damage without issue. If you decide to buy your own jewelry, the results will vary a lot more, usually for the worse. This might be necessary though if you don't have a decent-sized budget. Without self-crafted rings/amulet the dps ceiling will be 1-2mil lower in most cases depending on how lucky you get with poe.trade.

Lastly, you're missing a jewel in your tree? Also I wouldn't take Fangs of the Viper/Will of Blades given your current setup/level. Forces of Nature or Snowforged should be better overall or get more life nodes since your life pool is probably a bit too low to boss comfortably, especially since Deadeye has no defensive mechanics whatsoever.

Last edited by Enahkra on Sep 25, 2019, 2:10:32 PM
"
bovineicide wrote:
How viable is going CI with the current state ES is in? I've seen this run in 3.2 as CI.

3.2 was before Uber Elder and just after vaal pact nerf. All the CI setups from 3.2 would not be uber elder viable without ridiculous investment. I played a CI variant of phys wander using 1200+ ex worth of gear on standard from 3.1 to 3.4, and the dps is pretty similar to the current temp league life version with around ~40 ex investment.

The main problem is that you can't efficiently path towards both damage and a high es pool. Discipline also takes up a lot of mana reservation and requires sacrificing a dps aura which really sucks. ES recovery in its current state requires a lot of investment. Overall the build will cost way more and provide way less damage. ES gear requires good prefix combinations. This takes up prefix slots that could be used towards damage and makes it's harder to find good dps gear when the requirements are that strict.

I've seen int stacking ele wanders before on reddit and have spent some time playing with it on POB. But none of them had as good dps as this current life version although there was definitely a bigger ehp pool. I haven't looked into it recently but I think the most viable ES variant would probably be int stacking.

"
Ginixx wrote:

feel like i just hit the jackpot with my essence craft on my helmet.

Thanks for the build been really enjoying it so far.

Very nice helm; that is a life roll worth envying. And the resist rolls are very nice too :) congratz

Edit: Just looked over your setup. I don't recommend taking the flask effect nodes(primal spirit + Aqueous accelerant) until you have a 10% flask effect rare belt. Otherwise the nodes are basically a waste of 6 points as they don't add anything to your damage. Primal Spirit might be useful for the larger mana pool but with Thief's Torment + half cost for Precision reservation from Hyrri's Truth, this isn't really necessary.
Last edited by Enahkra on Sep 25, 2019, 2:42:11 PM
"
Very nice helm; that is a life roll worth envying. And the resist rolls are very nice too :) congratz

Edit: Just looked over your setup. I don't recommend taking the flask effect nodes(primal spirit + Aqueous accelerant) until you have a 10% flask effect rare belt. Otherwise the nodes are basically a waste of 6 points as they don't add anything to your damage. Primal Spirit might be useful for the larger mana pool but with Thief's Torment + half cost for Precision reservation from Hyrri's Truth, this isn't really necessary.

Thanks for the info!
Been upgrading slowly since im not quite lucky this league haha.
so just moving slot to slot just finished gloves and helmet looking at what to upgrade next.
Also what do you recommend me putting the points in for now?
"
Ginixx wrote:

Thanks for the info!
so just moving slot to slot just finished gloves and helmet looking at what to upgrade next.

Dazzling Strikes is a good temporary cluster for a balance of dps and survivability, since it raises your evade chance by a lot. I wouldn't use it for end game but it's a pretty good cluster to take before you get a blind on hit jewel etc. You could also take Will of Blades and connect to Coordination that way instead of the dex node underneath. That would cost 6 points in total.

A second option instead of Dazzling Strikes is to take Snowforged for the damage and extra 20% res, and take the life node above Cruel Preparation.

A third option is taking Master of Force instead of Snowforged for the extra str if you're attribute starved, but I don't think you should be in your current state.

Other options are more jewel slots, especially the ones that are only 2 nodes away.
"
Enahkra wrote:
"
Ginixx wrote:

Thanks for the info!

Dazzling Strikes is a good temporary cluster for a balance of dps and survivability, since it raises your evade chance by a lot. I wouldn't use it for end game but it's a pretty good cluster to take before you get a blind on hit jewel etc. You could also take Will of Blades and connect to Coordination that way instead of the dex node underneath. That would cost 6 points in total.

A second option instead of Dazzling Strikes is to take Snowforged for the damage and extra 20% res, and take the life node above Cruel Preparation.

A third option is taking Master of Force instead of Snowforged for the extra str if you're attribute starved, but I don't think you should be in your current state.

Other options are more jewel slots, especially the ones that are only 2 nodes away.

thanks! may i also bother you by asking what slots i should upgrade next?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info