[3.9] Physical Conversion Bowyer | Wander [TS/LA/IS + Barrage] [KB + Power Siphon] [All Content]

"
pyroisback wrote:
Ok im trying my first wander and it seems this is the topic with the most knowledge. Maybe you can help me:I found this Elegant Hubris.

3x 80%proj dmg and 3x 80%crit.

Is it worth to invest into this? Is the jewel worth at all? Or crap.

It's an ok jewel. The 80% proj damage on Nimbleness and Crackling Speed are very good, but the rest are too far away from the general pathing to be worth taking. I think you should just use a Lethal Pride jewel. Phys wanders have access to a lot of damage clusters already, and most likely you won't run out of good damage nodes to take unless you reach very high lvl like 97+.

If you did use your jewel, you'd spec into Crackling Speed + Nimbleness for sure. The net gain from taking those two clusters (and dropping two regular damage cluster) is probably ~6-7% more damage. But Lethal Pride alone can easily give 6-7% damage, and on top of that you gain enough strength attribute for build to function. Another drawback to your jewel is that you may end up with attribute problems which means you need to waste a mod slot to get str/int = loss of dps. Overall I don't see any advantage in using this jewel.
Been levelling and slowly crafting gear for this character, lots to go still but I had a question regarding Lethal Pride.

I have a jewel that gives Double Damage on Herbalism, Endurance charge on Heartseeker, Intimidate on Aspect of the Lynx and Fortify effect on Weapon Artistry.

Is the 4 (+1) points worth picking up the extra nodes eventually? They're not terrible nodes as it stands and perhaps the bonus of having two good nodes would make up for the 2 wasted travel nodes. I do have a second jewel I'm divining currently. I was thinking of dropping the pathing past Point Blank to Vaal Pact to do so and get 1 point in essence sap for mana leech.
I don't feel like I need the damage as it stands but I'm yet to take on UElder and friends, and LGOH seems to cover most situations over leech.

There's also the question of switching up the minimum charge mastercrafts. Did you consider something like Shock nearby enemies while Focussed on a ring combined with a Double Damage while Focussed shield mod for bosses?

Replace Res with the craft in this example. (Also gotta slam this soooon)

There seems to be enough room, especially on an All Res implicit shield to swap out for a big burst DPS boost. It's a heavily weighted mod, but obviously has niche use.

Hello

Anyway I'm getting close to the level of using this build, I've reread the guide several times, but if there's one thing I don't know about crafting, could you give me some advice?

I'm a former player, but I never used the craft system, because in the past it was not as useful as today, and I didn't play for a few years, so I lost a lot of things that were added with the leagues
"
Morelikeew wrote:

I have a jewel that gives Double Damage on Herbalism, Endurance charge on Heartseeker, Intimidate on Aspect of the Lynx and Fortify effect on Weapon Artistry.

Is the 4 (+1) points worth picking up the extra nodes eventually? They're not terrible nodes as it stands and perhaps the bonus of having two good nodes would make up for the 2 wasted travel nodes. I do have a second jewel I'm divining currently. I was thinking of dropping the pathing past Point Blank to Vaal Pact to do so and get 1 point in essence sap for mana leech.
I don't feel like I need the damage as it stands but I'm yet to take on UElder and friends, and LGOH seems to cover most situations over leech.

There's also the question of switching up the minimum charge mastercrafts. Did you consider something like Shock nearby enemies while Focussed on a ring combined with a Double Damage while Focussed shield mod for bosses?

There seems to be enough room, especially on an All Res implicit shield to swap out for a big burst DPS boost. It's a heavily weighted mod, but obviously has niche use.

Double damage/Intimidate discussion was back in page 35, here I looked it up for you:
Spoiler
Z4ktan: "10% chance to DD is better on average but it's less reliable, it will make the build feel more like a pure elemental wander because it's a chance to deal double damage instead of a constant damage upgrade. 10% chance to intimidate might be a bit lower average dps but it's a chance to improve your damage for all hits during the next seconds. In an infinitely long fight DD will be better but the intimidate will most likely win in most cases with a fast enough fight. I would choose the consistency of the intimidate over the highest PoB warrior dps increase that actually won't reflect your real dps in most cases".
Enahkra: "Also, on the topic of 10% double damage vs. intimidate, basically what Z4ktan says is true. I just want to add that the %chance to intimidate on Lethal Pride is only 10%. This means on average it will take 10 projectiles to proc the effect. However, even if you proc Intimidate in your second volley, the actual intimidate effect doesn't occur until your third volley. This means that if a boss takes 4 volleys to kill (this is most map bosses for you), Intimidate will usually be active for 2 out of the 4 volleys, so it's more like a 5% damage multiplier instead of 10%. This value gets better with higher hp bosses like guardians. For a T16 guardian let's say it takes ~12 volleys to kill. Having Intimidate on 10/12 volleys means it's 8.3% damage multiplier instead of 10%. This is something POB does not factor in b/c it assumes you have Intimidate on your first hit".

So it might be worth it to take Intimidate and Fortify Effect, it might be not, your call (also Enahkra's opinion lol). Personally, I'd take Precise Interception and both Intimidate/Fortify Effect cause I'm greedy and path like this
Spoiler
for the extra STR on travel nodes (red circle, also Timeless Jewel has big radius, that means the outer blue circle). Dropping VP is doable, it's just an extra defensive option, you can totally sustain with LGoH (should be 2 rings) and leech. 3mil Shaper DPS is enough, that's where I was when I first killed it so you can definetly go more defensive.

Shock on Focus was discussed before actually. Enahkra thought it was a bit hard to micromanage more stuffs because we already have so much skills to press (Frost Bomb, Dash, Barrage, Shield Charge, Blood Rage, Vaal skill,..) so getting Focus on top of those won't be ideal but with 2+ effect in 1 Focus, it might actually be worth it!

Except that it's only good when you have enough damage for mapping now that rares have so much HP, losing damage might be difficult to handle them and pressing buttons to kill a rare isn't very enjoyable, but you do you! I personally would do that since I like farming uElder and high bosses.

Also quality your shield, man. It hurts just by looking at it jeez D:
Last edited by oMySunshine on Aug 7, 2019, 12:42:48 PM
"
IkarusRDS wrote:

Hello

Anyway I'm getting close to the level of using this build, I've reread the guide several times, but if there's one thing I don't know about crafting, could you give me some advice?

I'm a former player, but I never used the craft system, because in the past it was not as useful as today, and I didn't play for a few years, so I lost a lot of things that were added with the leagues

We really don't need to craft that much tbh. Our biggest crafting item is the wand, and for that you just need to
Spoiler
use alteration orbs to hit desired mods on an item level 83 Imbued Wand, remember, exactly ilvl 83 and IMBUED WAND, they're very cheap, absolutely mandatory and can be picked up from the ground if you want, don't use other item bases, augment if it's not Flaring mod (you can check the name by holding alt while hovering on an item, make sure to have advanced mod description enabled in your setting), regal if it's Flaring. If you hit a good mod with augment orb, regal and see if you can get another good one. If you don't, use a Scouring orb on it and continue alt spamming to get Flaring again (you can hold shift to continously use a currency item). If you hit a good mod with regal, congrats, now you can craft "Can have multiple crafted mods" on it (you can get the crafting recipe from the Pale Court set) and craft other mods in your crafting bench. If you hit a bad mod with regal, use an Annulment orb on it, if it removes Flaring, scour and alt spamming again. After you've crafted "Can have multiple crafted mods", you can craft other useful stuffs at your crafting bench, or pay a crafter to do it for you if you don't have the recipe.
Remember to check the wand section in the guide for EXTREMELY SPECIFIC details in what "desired mods" are and what to do.

Other items that you can craft are helmet, shield, belt and boots (if you use rare boots/helm) and they're as easy as using a Shrieking Essence of Greed/Hatred/Anger/Wrath on them for life and resistances, scour if mod combinations are bad. Remember that you can craft up to +40% res (hybrid) so keep an eye out for a free suffix slot, crafted life is not recommended.

That's pretty much it. Other items are better off buying them on other people since crafting can be a bit pricy and you generally find better items from the market anyways. However, if you feel like crafting items yourself, feel free to ask about it here before you start so you don't waste too much currency.

Last edited by oMySunshine on Aug 7, 2019, 12:41:20 PM
"
oMySunshine wrote:
Spoiler
"
Morelikeew wrote:

Spoiler

Double damage/Intimidate discussion was back in page 35, here I looked it up for you:
Spoiler
Z4ktan: "10% chance to DD is better on average but it's less reliable, it will make the build feel more like a pure elemental wander because it's a chance to deal double damage instead of a constant damage upgrade. 10% chance to intimidate might be a bit lower average dps but it's a chance to improve your damage for all hits during the next seconds. In an infinitely long fight DD will be better but the intimidate will most likely win in most cases with a fast enough fight. I would choose the consistency of the intimidate over the highest PoB warrior dps increase that actually won't reflect your real dps in most cases".
Enahkra: "Also, on the topic of 10% double damage vs. intimidate, basically what Z4ktan says is true. I just want to add that the %chance to intimidate on Lethal Pride is only 10%. This means on average it will take 10 projectiles to proc the effect. However, even if you proc Intimidate in your second volley, the actual intimidate effect doesn't occur until your third volley. This means that if a boss takes 4 volleys to kill (this is most map bosses for you), Intimidate will usually be active for 2 out of the 4 volleys, so it's more like a 5% damage multiplier instead of 10%. This value gets better with higher hp bosses like guardians. For a T16 guardian let's say it takes ~12 volleys to kill. Having Intimidate on 10/12 volleys means it's 8.3% damage multiplier instead of 10%. This is something POB does not factor in b/c it assumes you have Intimidate on your first hit".

So it might be worth it to take Intimidate and Fortify Effect, it might be not, your call (also Enahkra's opinion lol). Personally, I'd take Precise Interception and both Intimidate/Fortify Effect cause I'm greedy and path like this
Spoiler
for the extra STR on travel nodes (red circle, also Timeless Jewel has big radius, that means the outer blue circle). Dropping VP is doable, it's just an extra defensive option, you can totally sustain with LGoH (should be 2 rings) and leech. 3mil Shaper DPS is enough, that's where I was when I first killed it so you can definetly go more defensive.

Shock on Focus was discussed before actually. Enahkra thought it was a bit hard to micromanage more stuffs because we already have so much skills to press (Frost Bomb, Dash, Barrage, Shield Charge, Blood Rage, Vaal skill,..) so getting Focus on top of those won't be ideal but with 2+ effect in 1 Focus, it might actually be worth it!

Except that it's only good when you have enough damage for mapping now that rares have so much HP, losing damage might be difficult to handle them and pressing buttons to kill a rare isn't very enjoyable, but you do you! I personally would do that since I like farming uElder and high bosses.

Also quality your shield, man. It hurts just by looking at it jeez D:

I didn't consider pathing that way as I wasn't high enough level to take the shield node there yet, but that looks like it could be worth it with enough levels, thanks.

Yeah, I don't think I'd consider it if it was just shock, but with double damage too, that'd give us shock and 20-30%% chance to deal double damage depending on your Jewel and Master of Force.

Haha yeah I only bought it today before work and didn't have any scraps at the time. It's on the list!

I guess I've got to get some more levels and see how it turns out!
"
Morelikeew wrote:

I didn't consider pathing that way as I wasn't high enough level to take the shield node there yet, but that looks like it could be worth it with enough levels, thanks.

Yeah, I don't think I'd consider it if it was just shock, but with double damage too, that'd give us shock and 20-30%% chance to deal double damage depending on your Jewel and Master of Force.

Haha yeah I only bought it today before work and didn't have any scraps at the time. It's on the list!

I guess I've got to get some more levels and see how it turns out!

The pathing that oSunshine laid out is the most optimal route for your jewel. I think it's definitely worth taking Aspect of the Lynx + Weapon Artistry given your added mods, as the average damage per node would be higher than the regular damage nodes. If you're low on points and want to preserve vaal pact, you can drop something like Throatseeker or Fangs of Frost.

Also, what does your jewel have on Winter Spirit?

If you faithfully follow the self-crafted gear setup on my POB, your damage will most likely be overkill but your defenses will be a bit sketch (due to legion mechanics), so I think vaal pact is worth it over 3-4 more damage nodes. But this will be for you to decide once you reach your end game setup.

I didn't include focus in the guide b/c I personally prefer the laziest playstyle possible and I felt that adding an extra thing for people especially newer to manage might be a bit overwhelming. Killing Uelder with this build requires a lot of concentration for most new players, so I'm not sure adding an extra thing on their plate would help. I think 2x focus mods would be better than minimum frenzies in most situations assuming you use them skillfully, so if you're a fan of a more engaging playstyle it's definitely something you could use.

Some situations where frenzies are better would be multi-phase bosses like uber elder guardians, where there's 3 back to back phases. Your focus would last the first phase, but the cooldown most likely means you won't have it active again until the 3rd phase if at all, etc.
"
IkarusRDS wrote:

Hello

If you're ever unsure how to craft something, just post here and someone who has played the build can help you. I think the instructions on the guide are clear enough that you should be able to craft all the items for this build without much problem. Just remember as oSunshine mentioned to press alt while crafting so you can see the Tier + name of the mod. If the item you're crafting is a magic, you can also just check the name. For example, the wand requires a flaring, so if you don't know the number range, you can just alt spamming until you see the word Flaring appear as a prefix.
"
Enahkra wrote:

The pathing that oSunshine laid out is the most optimal route for your jewel. I think it's definitely worth taking Aspect of the Lynx + Weapon Artistry given your added mods, as the average damage per node would be higher than the regular damage nodes. If you're low on points and want to preserve vaal pact, you can drop something like Throatseeker or Fangs of Frost.

Also, what does your jewel have on Winter Spirit?

If you faithfully follow the self-crafted gear setup on my POB, your damage will most likely be overkill but your defenses will be a bit sketch (due to legion mechanics), so I think Vaal pact is worth it over 3-4 more damage nodes. But this will be for you to decide once you reach your end game setup.

I didn't include focus in the guide b/c I personally prefer the laziest playstyle possible and I felt that adding an extra thing for people especially newer to manage might be a bit overwhelming. Killing Uelder with this build requires a lot of concentration for most new players, so I'm not sure adding an extra thing on their plate would help. I think 2x focus mods would be better than minimum frenzies in most situations assuming you use them skillfully, so if you're a fan of a more engaging playstyle it's definitely something you could use.

Some situations where frenzies are better would be multi-phase bosses like uber elder guardians, where there's 3 back to back phases. Your focus would last the first phase, but the cooldown most likely means you won't have it active again until the 3rd phase if at all, etc.

I just checked, I knew it was a dead mod but it's Stun Duration.
Acuity also has another 10% Fortify which is interesting if we didn't already have precision taking care of all of our accuracy, 20% Fire res on Forces of Nature, and 5% Str on Flash Freeze, for potential "useful" nodes. Pretty nice jewel for the first one I found on trade!

Yeah, the choice to exclude Focus makes sense, it's already asking enough of someone to manage, certainly it could overwhelm them. I think I may give it a shot as I get there.

"
Enahkra wrote:
If the item you're crafting is a magic, you can also just check the name. For example, the wand requires a flaring, so if you don't know the number range, you can just alt spamming until you see the word Flaring appear as a prefix.

You can also put the name of the mod you're looking for into the search bar and it'll highlight it when it appears if you're not familiar with the tiers.

Spoiler

E:

uhhh, any advice? I guess I gotta get a new base or regal annul down?

E2: I regal annuled and killed it on the 2nd annul, maybe next time.
Last edited by Morelikeew on Aug 7, 2019, 9:12:25 PM
"
Morelikeew wrote:
*snip*
"
Enahkra wrote:
If the item you're crafting is a magic, you can also just check the name. For example, the wand requires a flaring, so if you don't know the number range, you can just alt spamming until you see the word Flaring appear as a prefix.

You can also put the name of the mod you're looking for into the search bar and it'll highlight it when it appears if you're not familiar with the tiers.

Spoiler

E:

uhhh, any advice? I guess I gotta get a new base or regal annul down?

E2: I regal annuled and killed it on the 2nd annul, maybe next time.

I don't think it's ever worth it to have crit multi on your wand so you can just ignore it next time. Like, %attack speed and %crit chance is much better already and you need 2 of those and multimod, that makes 3 suffixes, leaving no room for crit multi.

Name highlight is very useful, true.
Last edited by oMySunshine on Aug 7, 2019, 10:18:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info