[3.7] Divine Ire Trickster - "Can't Touch This" - 56% Spell Dodge / 67% Evasion / 39% Block

Spoiler

Uber Elder down. Thx for the build. Warlord`s mark gives insane sustain btw, you can just drop your Storm Brand and it will top you off pretty quick. WM + Multicrafted dagger > EW + Cerberus Limb in terms of sustain and dps(there`s hexproof but it`s pretty rare and you can ignore it most of the time)
"
KooperT wrote:
"
MartiniHenry wrote:
Hey , nice build you got . Got only the watcher eye with Gain arcane with zealotry so should i use beside zealotry wrath or both heralds ? Whats best dmg in that case? Ofcourse i got my TPF linked so no arctic armour prob.

Best to check your PoB, but typically Hatred is better than Wrath, because it's % extra damage.

I'd run Zealotry + Hatred, unless you have the Zealotry + Wrath Eye combo.

Concurring that Zealotry + Hatred is the higher DPS combo, though when running Delves or other things where I'd like corpse destruction, I tend to sub out Zealotry for the Herald of Ice/Herald of Ash combo (plus, the ASMR value!).

Level 96 in SSF SC; still no Atziri's Steps dropping so I've crafted myself a very budget alternative:

Any tips for Hall of Grandmasters? There's a few Grandmasters who utilise skills like Scorching Ray that bypass all our defenses, blech.
can anyone explain how to obtain an amulet like this one??
"
PoopUnit wrote:
can anyone explain how to obtain an amulet like this one??

Use Aberrant fossils on an Elder necklace.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Could you expand more on the leveling? I saw in previous replies that you said you used Wave of Conviction, like could you expand on that to say what linked gems you used with that and then you swapped to DI with what links (say like whats the 4L -> 5L- 6L set ups youd use during league starts etc)

Looking to try this out for the fb league ^^
Loving the build, great guide, although I'm curious about the EHP survive with MoM/EB. Since MoM is only taking 30% from mana, 70% of ES isn't being used against your life pool, so you'll be taking damage from health instead of using ES and maximizing ghost shroud ES heals. While the EHP works vs a nuke hit, smaller hits will continuously do damage to health while ES is virtually full at all times.

So a hit of say 2000, would take 600 from ES, and the other 1200 going toward life damage. Some of the dusk shroud heal wouldn't even be used, and your result is max ES/mana with your life at 75%. But if you dont use EB/MoM, 2000es would be taken from the full hit, then shroud would trigger, bringing it back up by the dusk heal (anywhere from 700ES-1300ES depending on your evasion/flask) leaving you at 5k life+ 750-1300ES, making the total damage taken an average of 1000, plus ES leech will be faster than life leech, making the hit almost negligible rather than be at 75% life.

TLDR: Feels more squishy with MoM/EB rather than maximizing dusk shroud heals and ES leech to keep life full all the time (with ES almost always full), rather than ES full and life taking hits. Or am I missing a mechanic at play?

No MoM/EB is a loss of using two auras and forced to use an aura+herald, but you'd still have dps from arcane surge and be tankier.
"
Rwargrumble wrote:
Could you expand more on the leveling? I saw in previous replies that you said you used Wave of Conviction, like could you expand on that to say what linked gems you used with that and then you swapped to DI with what links (say like whats the 4L -> 5L- 6L set ups you'd use during league starts etc)

Looking to try this out for the fb league ^^

The leveling of this build is essentially the same as any other early caster-based build, meaning you don't really pick up many damage nodes early on, relying on Elemental Overload for a big chunk of your damage.

I used Wave of Conviction because... it was a new spell for the league, and I wanted to see how it felt. It's quite strong leveling, but honestly, you can probably look up any other spell-based leveling build and do fine on Trickster. I rather not go in depth into optimal leveling build/skill gems since that would require more testing, and my first playthrough was mostly trial/error.

Personally, if I was to start the league over, I'd probably stick with leveling as Blade Vortex with the new Unleash gem. BV has always been strong for leveling, and the ability to "move while doing DPS" is a big factor for when you are rushing through acts 1-10. Unleash makes getting stacks up a huge QoL.

For a 5-L setup DI though, I'd drop Energy Leech.

"

Loving the build, great guide, although I'm curious about the EHP survive with MoM/EB. Since MoM is only taking 30% from mana, 70% of ES isn't being used against your life pool, so you'll be taking damage from health instead of using ES and maximizing ghost shroud ES heals. While the EHP works vs a nuke hit, smaller hits will continuously do damage to health while ES is virtually full at all times.

The overall idea is that we actually WANT our life to take damage. This may sound strange, but it's a big component of why Cerberus Limb is a viable option - it provides reliable 100% uptime life leech.

Some thoughts on this:

1) Remember that this is an evasion-based build, unlike many other DI/Eternity shroud type builds out there. In general, you should not be taking many "small hits" - most stuff that can hit small is trash, and it dies instantly. Any hits you DO take will likely be larger hits, since we run 0 endurance charges and have very minimal armor, relying on Ghost Shrouds, Infused Channeling, Arctic Armor, Tukohama and Taste of Hate for our physical mitigation. It's extremely rare that more than 1 or 2 of your Ghost Shrouds are ever taken down.

2) Life and ES leech are both based on your maximum values. Since our ES is very low, even with Energy Leech support and millions of DPS, our actual ES leech per second is actually quite low (my PoB shows 184/s). Life Leech is higher since our life pool is higher (PoB shows 512/s).
Also note, that since the EB/MoM setup allows for 2 auras, you can Zealotry - your life regen will be even higher when you are on Consecrated Ground that it causes. With Consecrated, you have around 525 Life Regen/Second - bumping your total "life per second" from leech/regen up to around 940HP/Second. That's quite a lot with a 5K life pool - almost 20% total per second.

Also, in the event that you take a big hit and your Ghost Shroud doesn't top off your bar, the damage split to Life/ES allows you to simultaneously leech to both Life & ES, so you'll be "topped off" quickly.

3) Not needing to worry about mana is quite helpful. I found that without EB/MoM, as you say, you either need to run 1 Aura + 1 Herald, or run an Enlighten alongside picking up Lucidity on the skill tree just to squeeze in that 2nd Herald - and you still might run out of mana if you hold down the channel. Obviously this also makes "No Mana Regen" maps easily doable without having to swap in a mana flask.

I imagine in the grand scheme of things, either option works fine since with 66% spell dodge/39% block, this build is more than tanky enough for even T16 maps and DI damage obliterates everything anyway.
Divine Ire Trickster:
Last edited by KooperT on May 1, 2019, 11:06:31 AM
For the Hypothermia support gem. You need to chill before this gem applies to Divine Ire, so would you be applying the chill via the channeling process?

I recently got a Phys to lightning watcher's eye

If I put it into Path of Building, it adds no damage. If I put it on in game, no damage increase on the tooltip. I found out this is due to you having phys to lightning on a gem connected to divine ire.

If this is the case, would you run cold to fire so that you could utilize the watcher's eye?
"
Nenthus wrote:
For the Hypothermia support gem. You need to chill before this gem applies to Divine Ire, so would you be applying the chill via the channeling process?

I recently got a Phys to lightning watcher's eye

If I put it into Path of Building, it adds no damage. If I put it on in game, no damage increase on the tooltip. I found out this is due to you having phys to lightning on a gem connected to divine ire.

If this is the case, would you run cold to fire so that you could utilize the watcher's eye?

Correct, since the main 6L already uses Phys to Lightning, having a second one does nothing. You are ideally better off using a different Watcher's Eye - but if that's not an option, Cold to Fire would be a decent substitute.

Alternatively, Increased Critical Strikes sims slightly lower DPS but in practice would raise the consistency of your crits (so ideally your Harness procs also crit for big numbers).

Regarding Hypothermia, you will easily apply Chill with just the channeling portion of DI - the little electric "zaps" that shoot out and hit everything around you will apply Chill. In fact, the channeling portion does plenty of DPS by itself - PoB shows the zaps do around 430,000 DPS. A single zap will chill.
Divine Ire Trickster:
Thanks for your time and effort making this build.

I defeated the Shaper for the first time with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info