Send message as well, when accepting an offer.

"
Corrison wrote:
Why not just assign an alpha numeric trader ID to accounts. This number for the seller should only be found in the trade window. While yours would be found in settings and on submitted trades. GGG would then be able to easily track them and we could have something to reference when making a report. It should in no way display or reference your GT in any other way to prevent trolling and other issues.

I'm down for anything that can make things better when it comes to trading. I'm even fine with using gamertags, so long as they make an opt in/out option and i'm good. I suspect that no matter what they come up with (if they even have changes planned at all) that if a gamertag is involved, i'd assume they already have an opt in/out thought out to cover their ass, and rightfully so.
filix you didn't happen to sell a 6 linked chest today did you?
"
SQUINT wrote:
filix you didn't happen to sell a 6 linked chest today did you?

no not at home atm, you got a good price?
Ya they said "20c thats a good price" so u thought it may have been you again :)
I am not that cheap :P

Btw to the anonymity and the spamming potential. DO you really think humanity is that bad, that communicating in general is such a huge issue? ANd for the few extremes, they could just add some blocking feature. So if you get some inappropriate message, just hit the block and as others said a report. If chat is coming, you can get spammed anyway.

But it would also be nice to be able to block anyway, if ppl reject your offer, if you meet their price, just because they are price fixing. SO next time you wound not see their offers. I would really love that part as well, if we dont get the autobuyout.

But i think there have been many things discussed how to improve trading as such, so no need to repeat everything here again.

But PoE is a multiplayer game, and this stuff usually starts with communication and games used to be pretty good ways to meet new people who share your passion for games, but right now, this xbox port really wants you to play alone or maximum with people you already know or met outside. May it be to crashes in party, no communication and other stuff. LIke for example I cannot accept an invitation, it says always i have xbox live issues and is restricted, but if I invite it works fine. A party finding board like on pc. I mean if some newer player struggles with some boss etc, would be easy to help out.

Na lets see what comes with the ps4 update, the website linking etc. With all the new voices in the console community, there should be more movement soon.
"
DO you really think humanity is that bad, that communicating in general is such a huge issue?

On the internet and more specifically the gaming world, omg yes. Especially in a game of this type, where unless you play ssf, that trading is key.

"
ANd for the few extremes, they could just add some blocking feature. So if you get some inappropriate message, just hit the block and as others said a report. If chat is coming, you can get spammed anyway.

I'm only referring to msgs to my account or to people popping into my parties. This is what i don't want to be a common occurrence. I don't want poe trading and all that goes with it, to leak in to everything and anything else that i happen to be doing outside of it. I just don't need the bother, and the people i game with, who don't play poe are not gonna want to be bothered by it either.

I'm usually not the party host and i would feel an idiot to ask that for every party i join, that the host set it too private to avoid it from happening. I believe it would happen alot more than maybe you feel it would. This game is like crack to some people. People have been known to do sexual acts for crack, so bebopping into a party i'm in to try their best efforts to pry that Kaom's from me is a cakewalk in comparison lol

"
But it would also be nice to be able to block anyway, if ppl reject your offer, if you meet their price, just because they are price fixing. SO next time you wound not see their offers. I would really love that part as well, if we dont get the autobuyout.

I'd love to see this as well.

"
But PoE is a multiplayer game, and this stuff usually starts with communication and games used to be pretty good ways to meet new people who share your passion for games, but right now, this xbox port really wants you to play alone or maximum with people you already know or met outside. May it be to crashes in party, no communication and other stuff. LIke for example I cannot accept an invitation, it says always i have xbox live issues and is restricted, but if I invite it works fine. A party finding board like on pc. I mean if some newer player struggles with some boss etc, would be easy to help out.

Thus far i've only played it solo, as none of my friends play it. I run with primarily a shooter bunch, and this game is too time consuming with kids to really make any kind of dent in it, and they all have kids. Also i just figured it would be way too laggy on my original xbox, which at the time was all i had. I have gotten the X since so maybe i'll have a group go of it at some point.
Btw I didnt target you specifically about the bad humanity, someone else posted about getting haunted on the tradeboard, if ppl could identify his spicific items. For your concern, pc has a similar feature, auto decline guild and party invites. YOu could specify for example only allow invites from friends, done.

But still all the xbox specific features could be an issue. It would be the best if PoE would have their own PoE SPecific username, and just map it internally to the xbox tag, so that I could make a parte in poe without actually knowing their xbox tag. Like in pc, you can speak to the character name. BUt on the other side, everyone of us is in the leaderboards, so our xbox tags are visible for everyone right now. And soon if you accounts here are linked, I wonder if our tags are not even here visible.

I think the only way will be to give us meanings of protection against any kind of spam or harrasment.

The performance you meantioned might really be an issue depending of what builds you play, but party can be really rewarding. Like atlas completion or if you start investing pretty high into maps. So if one map run costs you beyond 20c, the 50% currency item quant per party member can actually help covering the costs.

There are several groups organizing, like they work on completing the atlas and builds and once everyone is ready, the split up and then solo zoom zoom through maps. If everybody can sustain like elder maps etc. I also play mostly solo atm as party play caused this league to many crashes, if you are not from the same region but it could be a nice way to meet new people.
"
filix wrote:
Btw I didnt target you specifically about the bad humanity, someone else posted about getting haunted on the tradeboard, if ppl could identify his spicific items. For your concern, pc has a similar feature, auto decline guild and party invites. YOu could specify for example only allow invites from friends, done.

But still all the xbox specific features could be an issue. It would be the best if PoE would have their own PoE SPecific username, and just map it internally to the xbox tag, so that I could make a parte in poe without actually knowing their xbox tag. Like in pc, you can speak to the character name. BUt on the other side, everyone of us is in the leaderboards, so our xbox tags are visible for everyone right now. And soon if you accounts here are linked, I wonder if our tags are not even here visible.

I think the only way will be to give us meanings of protection against any kind of spam or harrasment.

The performance you meantioned might really be an issue depending of what builds you play, but party can be really rewarding. Like atlas completion or if you start investing pretty high into maps. So if one map run costs you beyond 20c, the 50% currency item quant per party member can actually help covering the costs.

There are several groups organizing, like they work on completing the atlas and builds and once everyone is ready, the split up and then solo zoom zoom through maps. If everybody can sustain like elder maps etc. I also play mostly solo atm as party play caused this league to many crashes, if you are not from the same region but it could be a nice way to meet new people.

No worries man i was not offended. There is no right or wrong on the subject, so it's silly to get worked up over it. It's just preference and i am able to see both side's.

Most of what you've said here i kinda know already though. You'd be hard pressed to find someone on the forums with an earlier join date than myself :) I think the board had around maybe 30 members when i joined lol I don't say that to come off as a know it all elitist. I'm quite the opposite actually, because my join date is light years ahead of my in-game knowledge compared to most. I'm just letting ya know i got the t-shirt ;)

"
It would be the best if PoE would have their own PoE SPecific username, and just map it internally to the xbox tag, so that I could make a parte in poe without actually knowing their xbox tag.

Would be awesome but we are just now getting the gateway option sooooo :)

"

I agree and would expect the same.

I'm just saying that for "ME", the first time i get a bebopper in my party that was able to find me from the tradeboard, i uninstall and move on. I don't need the hassle, and i ain't gonna subject my friends to it either. I mean for myself it's really just that simple.

I guess we shall see what happens. There might not even be a single change to the tradeboard ever for all we know, and this might all just be wasted thought (a major peeve idiosyncrasy of mine lol)

Anyhoo Happy Hunting to ya! And if ever i come across as a dick or angry its just for the lack of vocal tone. I hate text chat in general for that reason. I barely ever partake in it. I'm writing witty or tongue in cheek and it gets read as assholish or plooky lol
Last edited by SQUINT on Mar 23, 2019, 4:35:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info