Send message as well, when accepting an offer.

"
filix wrote:
This is why i dont like the tradeboard to be anonym. With that small playerbase, it could actually help meeting ppl, helping others etc. And also it would be easier to identify the "idiots" and avoid them block them etc.

For me it would be the worst thing they could do. The douchebag to solid ratio would be around 8-2 and its one thing if i happen to get pestered on the tradeboard and its a whole different ball of wax if they can actually send me party invites and msgs to my account. No thank you :)

Side note i took that Frostferno the the corruption altar and nailed +2 fire gems and 26% increased effect of shock on it! WooT me! So ya i cant thank you enuff. Without those extra c's i would have never even have had the chance to try. Youre my hero until i die!! (or until POE is no longer playable on the xbox. Whichever comes first lol)
"
SQUINT wrote:

For me it would be the worst thing they could do. The douchebag to solid ratio would be around 8-2 and its one thing if i happen to get pestered on the tradeboard and its a whole different ball of wax if they can actually send me party invites and msgs to my account. No thank you :)

That would be perfect. Microsoft doesn't fuck around (unlike GGG who lets them hide behind anonymity and even goes as far as protecting them when you call them out on it on the forums) when it comes to harassing people over XBL so they'd be quickly banned after doing dumb shit and getting reported.
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
"
Slizzered wrote:
"
SQUINT wrote:

That would be perfect. Microsoft doesn't fuck around (unlike GGG who lets them hide behind anonymity and even goes as far as protecting them when you call them out on it on the forums) when it comes to harassing people over XBL so they'd be quickly banned after doing dumb shit and getting reported.

But dont they only really crack down on someone if they say racial slurs or swear? I mean if they just messaged for instance, something like "man you're stupid its not worth that much check poe.trade" they won't do squat about that kinda stuff. Or do they? It could also work the other way around, whereas they get butthurt you dont sell to them so they report you for unsportsman like conduct and next thing you know because you got 12 of those in a couple of days, microsoft is now taking an interest in you type of deal. I dunno it just seems like one big headache to me.
Last edited by SQUINT on Mar 20, 2019, 12:27:22 AM
"
SQUINT wrote:

But dont they only really crack down on someone if they say racial slurs or swear? I mean if they just messaged for instance, something like "man you're stupid its not worth that much check poe.trade" they won't do squat about that kinda stuff. Or do they? It could also work the other way around, whereas they get butthurt you dont sell to them so they report you for unsportsman like conduct and next thing you know because you got 12 of those in a couple of days, microsoft is now taking an interest in you type of deal. I dunno it just seems like one big headache to me.

Sending a message along those lines is a violation of their ToS so it'd be a mark against their account, if you're slick you just troll them so they rage and send you a message that's a major violation then you report that so they get mollywhopped by the banhammer with the quickness (like I've done to a certain scumbag poster here who I can't name since the mods protect him even though he's a known scammer who loves to send you messages full of racial and homophobic slurs).

If they were to report you for unsporting behaviour it wouldn't do anything since their logs would show you were never grouped together (it's the weakest report option anyway, you'd have to get reported for it a ridiculous amount of times before any action would be taken) and if they continued to do it Miscrosoft would shit on them for false reports.

As long as people are allowed to hide behind anonymity the trade market will continue to be complete and utter shit.
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
if you think displaying names on the tradeboard would fix issues then you are dillusional. imagine people being able to find and track all your trades just to trade spam the hell out of you.

Yeah no thanks. Terrible idea.
"
Slizzered wrote:
"
SQUINT wrote:

Sending a message along those lines is a violation of their ToS so it'd be a mark against their account, if you're slick you just troll them so they rage and send you a message that's a major violation then you report that so they get mollywhopped by the banhammer with the quickness (like I've done to a certain scumbag poster here who I can't name since the mods protect him even though he's a known scammer who loves to send you messages full of racial and homophobic slurs).

If they were to report you for unsporting behaviour it wouldn't do anything since their logs would show you were never grouped together (it's the weakest report option anyway, you'd have to get reported for it a ridiculous amount of times before any action would be taken) and if they continued to do it Miscrosoft would shit on them for false reports.

As long as people are allowed to hide behind anonymity the trade market will continue to be complete and utter shit.

Ok here's another devil's advocate scenario i could see happening that would make me even more bonkers than an annoying msg ever would.

I'm with my small hand selected group of friends in a party, all playing battlefield or some shit, when in pops an unknown who proceeds to ask me if i can do him a solid, and could i possibly sell him my watchers eye for 8c as he really needs it, and he's a really cool dude, so could i please sell it too him pleasssse broooo. Here let me run down 50 items that you wont have any interest for, that maybe i can trade to you for it. Ummm number 1. Do you need a Tabula? No ok number 2....

I mean i don't see them changing it so i ain't fretting over it, but ya, if i have people start sending me shit or even worse, coming into my world and bothering me with it when i'm gaming with my close knit group, i would uninstall so fast it would make my xbox headset spin.

If i'm slick i can just troll them so they rage and send me a message that's a major violation lol Maybe it's an age thing between us or something, but you and i are wired very differently :)

"
LOLUBAD wrote:
if you think displaying names on the tradeboard would fix issues then you are dillusional. imagine people being able to find and track all your trades just to trade spam the hell out of you.

Good point. I'm sure there's alot of negative scenarios that we haven't even thought of yet.

How's about it's another way to allow third party web sites to spam us. They took off the item note option on the tradeboard for that reason. Well i assume they did. I mean every third item of trash up had the url posted on it ffs

They don't need the hassle. They have enuff flak hitting them as it is now from players. This is a shitstorm waiting to happen that they will avoid at all costs.
Why not just assign an alpha numeric trader ID to accounts. This number for the seller should only be found in the trade window. While yours would be found in settings and on submitted trades. GGG would then be able to easily track them and we could have something to reference when making a report. It should in no way display or reference your GT in any other way to prevent trolling and other issues.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
"
LOLUBAD wrote:

[Removed by Support]

"
SQUINT wrote:

Ok here's another devil's advocate scenario i could see happening that would make me even more bonkers than an annoying msg ever would.

I'm with my small hand selected group of friends in a party, all playing battlefield or some shit, when in pops an unknown who proceeds to ask me if i can do him a solid, and could i possibly sell him my watchers eye for 8c as he really needs it, and he's a really cool dude, so could i please sell it too him pleasssse broooo. Here let me run down 50 items that you wont have any interest for, that maybe i can trade to you for it. Ummm number 1. Do you need a Tabula? No ok number 2....

I mean i don't see them changing it so i ain't fretting over it, but ya, if i have people start sending me shit or even worse, coming into my world and bothering me with it when i'm gaming with my close knit group, i would uninstall so fast it would make my xbox headset spin.

If i'm slick i can just troll them so they rage and send me a message that's a major violation lol Maybe it's an age thing between us or something, but you and i are wired very differently :)

If you don't want people joining your party then make it private, you can also set messages to friends only if you're that terrified of randos sending you unwanted messages. You people are trying to turn a molehill into a mountain by imagining all these ridiculous scenarios that are easily avoidable. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kieran_GGG on Mar 20, 2019, 9:54:23 PM
"
If you don't want people joining your party then make it private, you can also set messages to friends only if you're that terrified of randos sending you unwanted messages. You people are trying to turn a molehill into a mountain by imagining all these ridiculous scenarios that are easily avoidable

It is quite obvious to me that you would welcome such scenarios. Hell by your own admission you go looking for them. One look at the way you enjoy attacking people on these threads is proof of such. Not all of us care to change our privacy settings due to a tradeboard. Of course i could do it, but why should i be forced to do so, if i want to keep playing the game without being bothered? I could also go buy a SSD to make the game perform better, but i ain't (Before you use this as a bullet point to attack me, it is meant as sarcasm) You want me to request that every party i join, that the host set it to private? That doesn't sound ridiculous to you?

"
We're definitely wired differently, I think sensibly instead of making ridiculous postulations.

I think that it much more comes down to you are just an angry dude, with an ego to match.

Now i concede to you the last word, as i know your ego will not allow you to do otherwise.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info