Send message as well, when accepting an offer.

As the title says, it would be really nice, in case you accept an offer, you can write something. Like someone offered not enough, you ask for more, he meets it and you would really like to say ty, gl with it and you cannot. Or someone sends an offer, asking you, if you could help him out and offers a bit less than asked and you accept, but you cannot really answer. I mean just let us type and send it, regardless if we accept or decline.

I mean it should be rather simple to realize. I hope some ty here and there, could make that tradeboard a bit less "cold" sometimes even toxic.
Last bumped on Mar 23, 2019, 1:07:11 PM
But you can type a message, then accept or decline and it will send. You are asking for another option to only send the message? The buyer would still have to cancel the trade to offer anything else either way...
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
I think what he is saying is when he is accepting an offer to be able to send a message to the player saying thank you or gl on your build. I agree a lot of stuff I price is really cheap and people will give me way more than I asked for and I would like to to be able to say thank you. I've typed a message before and accepted the trade but had no way of knowing if the user saw said message after I accepted.
"
Corrison wrote:
But you can type a message, then accept or decline and it will send. You are asking for another option to only send the message? The buyer would still have to cancel the trade to offer anything else either way...

No its not sent. Thats the point, I just wish it would be, you only get the accepted notification. You can only read it as buyer if the offer is rejected.

Unless there was already a change, but its called reject message, when you type it in and I am 95% sure its not getting passed along when you accept, but your assumption it would be, is exactly my point, I didnt get why its not a thing and asked to just make exactly that behaviour you would expect it to have anyway.
"
filix wrote:

No its not sent. Thats the point, I just wish it would be, you only get the accepted notification. You can only read it as buyer if the offer is rejected.

Unless there was already a change, but its called reject message, when you type it in and I am 95% sure its not getting passed along when you accept, but your assumption it would be, is exactly my point, I didnt get why its not a thing and asked to just make exactly that behaviour you would expect it to have anyway.

I remember seeing messages above "Trade Accepted" notifications. These were probably from the previous convo between me and the seller though, and not a new "enjoy" type message. Ill try and see if I have any clips left over with them.

Edit - could not find a clip. I can try and do some testing with you and we can make some clips to submit if you want. Wont be online today for like 9 more hours though, could always try this weekend.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
Last edited by Corrison on Mar 13, 2019, 12:55:27 PM
Sure thing. ALways up for testing stuff.
Ya i send stuff like "thanks alot and gl2u" after i accept trades most of the time. No idea if they see it but it makes me feel nice lol. If someone has an item up for 5 ex but the most i would pay is 4 i will say something like "Thats my best but gl2u either way" kinda things.

This league someone had a combat jewel i needed and i asked how much and he said "i dont want to be greedy hows 5c?" the next closest up was 15-20 and i said "Thx for being reasonable take 6"

Unlike most people i have rarely run into many toxic scenarios when trading. I have only once ever been sent a hate msg that i got when i had the only cospri up and i didnt accept some horrible trade proposition. Something like "Well look we have the dumbest guy in the game here.I hope you choke and die on it" lol but it just made me chuckle. It may have even been intended as a joke, i dunno? Funny though.

What i hate is for instance theres a 6link short bow for 40c this league and i offer the 40c. It gets rejected and then i check the board again and its now 50c lol its been sitting up there for 50c for 5 days now. I mean c'mon dude be honorable. I mean i could send a msg about what a douche move it is to do that but why bother. I just move on.

Im rambling but ya i wonder if these thank yous from me are being sent
"
SQUINT wrote:

This league someone had a combat jewel i needed and i asked how much and he said "i dont want to be greedy hows 5c?" the next closest up was 15-20 and i said "Thx for being reasonable take 6"

Ur welcome, this was actually me.
"
filix wrote:
"
SQUINT wrote:

Ur welcome, this was actually me.

Ahh cool beans lol Thanks again! A frostferno went up right after i bought it from you and the frostferno person said 1ex and if not for the c's i saved buying that combat jewel i would of not had enuff to get the helm so ya thanks a bunch :)
This is why i dont like the tradeboard to be anonym. With that small playerbase, it could actually help meeting ppl, helping others etc. And also it would be easier to identify the "idiots" and avoid them block them etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info