PlayStation 4 Release Date: March 26th

I know there won't be crossplay with PC, but will the account be the same? I would really like to not have to rebuy stash tabs and other MTXs that I've gotten for PC.
Hello thank you GGG i will be on business travel whole release weeke but cant wait to Play after this :) good news! And of course will rebuy all MTX to appreciate your work!
great now i gotta stop playing all my games just to live off of poe on ps4 lol .
what about the community that plays pc ? ... does that mean cheaper items, slimmer player community, or even cross platform trading/interactions ?\
Nice.
Time to invest in a 1TB SSD for my PS4.
PC Master Race
"I didn't know we were making a pants simulator." - Chris Wilson
IGN eLeeha
Join the "Path of Exile Community [German]" Community :)
So, when's the Switch release being worked on, GGG? :D

No, seriously. I would exclusively play this from my Switch if I could, as my PC is slowly getting too old for it. I already have Warframe on there, and Dauntless is coming soon, so I just need PoE and all will be perfect for years to come! <3
I'll believe it when I'm playing on the PS4. GGG is less trustworthy than Todd Howard at this point. With the 3 week delay are we going to get screwed over on just this league or are we only going to get leagues after others have spoiled every last thing about them?
"
VILAmoureux wrote:
I'll believe it when I'm playing on the PS4. GGG is less trustworthy than Todd Howard at this point. With the 3 week delay are we going to get screwed over on just this league or are we only going to get leagues after others have spoiled every last thing about them?

I feel the same way, and it's the reason why I'm not exactly screaming from the rooftops. GGG announced the game way too early before they even had their plan figured-out, and that's lead to the delays we've waited through thus far.

However the biggest problem is still ahead: Sony. The vast majority of delays of digital games on Sony platforms is due to incompetance on Sony's end, where games aren't added to the store when they're supposed to, or aren't added to all of the stores.

An early-warning of this can be seen on the Playstation site. Path of Exile does have a product page on the US Playstation site, but not on the European site or other-region sites:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/path-of-exile-ps4/

My prediction is, on the 26th March the game will go-live on the US PSN Store, but fail to show-up on the EU (and other region) Stores. Complaints will flood-in to GGG by players unable to find the game, leading to GGG spending a week or two communicating with Sony to try and solve the problem. That will culminate in other region versions being delayed anywhere from a week to two months.

Problem is, people won't wait for the game to release locally. Many will simply create US PSN accounts to download and play the game, and that method will work perfectly well for those who just want to be able to log-in and play.

Trouble is, games downloaded from the PSN are forever tied (licensed) to the account which originally downloaded them. If a European uses an alt US account to download the game, he'll be able to play the game on his main EU PSN account as long as the US account exists on his PS4 console, but he won't be able to buy any MTX.

If he tried to buy MTX, the game would either give him an error (unable to find US-region MTX on the EU-PSN), or he'd be taken to the US PSN Store where he'd need to purchase that MTX in US Dollars rather than his local currency. That opens up a huge can of worms, because although it's easy to create alternate-region PSN accounts by using false details, you'd need to have some kind of legitimate payment method set-up to fund the account which is much harder to do in a way that isn't fraudulent, long-winded, risky or expensive.

Or, to put everything I've said another way, GGG may be about to be stuck in a situation where huge chunks of it's console player-base are trapped in a situation where they're simply *unable* to buy MTX, followed by a subsequent likely unwillingness to spend hours redownloading a 16GB game they're already enjoying just to enable a feature that lets them buy a stash tab or cosmetic. They'll want it patched-in to the version of the game they already have installed, and won't be happy if they're told that they need to delete the game and reinstall from their own-region PSN Store.
Last edited by Pobatti on Mar 13, 2019, 8:20:29 PM
"
pedrega wrote:
PC and PS$ cross??

Even if cross-play was commonplace, we would not see this game crossplay between console and PC versions: the game is too drastically different for that to be a realistic prospect.

PC PoE is designed around, and played with a mouse and keyboard. PS4 PoE is designed around, and played with a controller. That has led to some rather significant changes to aspects of the game, which affects both how it is played and the balance.

Thus true PS4-PC cross-play cannot occur until both versions are equal or close enough in every respect, and a true level playing-field is established. That would require substantial changes to BOTH versions of the game. Even then, there's no guarantee Sony would ever allow it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info