PlayStation 4 Release Date: March 26th

After months and months its finally arrived happy days just wondering will you be able to play the game without PS Plus?
"
Bezmageddon wrote:
After months and months its finally arrived happy days just wondering will you be able to play the game without PS Plus?

You never need PS Plus to play Free To Play games. So no, it won't be needed. That said, PS Plus members are sure to recieve some benefits from their subscription, likely in the form of reduced-price MTX or even exclusive PS-Plus Only MTX.
Hey Bex! Thanks for the update. Are there plans to have a ps+ supporter pack on launch or later?
"
Pobatti wrote:

Trouble is, games downloaded from the PSN are forever tied (licensed) to the account which originally downloaded them. If a European uses an alt US account to download the game, he'll be able to play the game on his main EU PSN account as long as the US account exists on his PS4 console, but he won't be able to buy any MTX.

If he tried to buy MTX, the game would either give him an error (unable to find US-region MTX on the EU-PSN), or he'd be taken to the US PSN Store where he'd need to purchase that MTX in US Dollars rather than his local currency. That opens up a huge can of worms, because although it's easy to create alternate-region PSN accounts by using false details, you'd need to have some kind of legitimate payment method set-up to fund the account which is much harder to do in a way that isn't fraudulent, long-winded, risky or expensive.

Yes, this is also one of my issues. I'm from Japan, and any "western" release of non-AAA games are notoriously delayed here (funny enough NZ is east of Japan.... but you get my point). We are missing so many games that I'd really like to play but are simply not released. It's not even a localization issue, we have so many English-only games on our PS Store.

I really want to play this game with stash tabs. But if recent non-major-AAA releases are any indicator, I am willing to bet that Japanese PS store will be the last to have PoE. It may simply not get released here. And I can no longer buy US PS cards on Amazon either - even WITH VPN. And naturally you cannot use non-US credit cards on the US store.

I played PoE for a long time before I decided to buy the stash tabs on PC, which was hell. I'm willing to buy tabs once again on PS4. I fear that I simply won't be able to.
Last edited by Yosakoi on Mar 14, 2019, 1:38:10 AM
After months and months of delay I am happy it finally got a release date. But I am also dissapointed coz thats not Mid-March....game comes out 1 day AFTER my vacation :(
Last edited by RadamentXXX on Mar 14, 2019, 3:41:05 AM
"
Pobatti wrote:
"
VILAmoureux wrote:
I'll believe it when I'm playing on the PS4. GGG is less trustworthy than Todd Howard at this point. With the 3 week delay are we going to get screwed over on just this league or are we only going to get leagues after others have spoiled every last thing about them?

I feel the same way, and it's the reason why I'm not exactly screaming from the rooftops. GGG announced the game way too early before they even had their plan figured-out, and that's lead to the delays we've waited through thus far.

However the biggest problem is still ahead: Sony. The vast majority of delays of digital games on Sony platforms is due to incompetance on Sony's end, where games aren't added to the store when they're supposed to, or aren't added to all of the stores.

An early-warning of this can be seen on the Playstation site. Path of Exile does have a product page on the US Playstation site, but not on the European site or other-region sites:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/path-of-exile-ps4/

My prediction is, on the 26th March the game will go-live on the US PSN Store, but fail to show-up on the EU (and other region) Stores. Complaints will flood-in to GGG by players unable to find the game, leading to GGG spending a week or two communicating with Sony to try and solve the problem. That will culminate in other region versions being delayed anywhere from a week to two months.

Problem is, people won't wait for the game to release locally. Many will simply create US PSN accounts to download and play the game, and that method will work perfectly well for those who just want to be able to log-in and play.

Trouble is, games downloaded from the PSN are forever tied (licensed) to the account which originally downloaded them. If a European uses an alt US account to download the game, he'll be able to play the game on his main EU PSN account as long as the US account exists on his PS4 console, but he won't be able to buy any MTX.

If he tried to buy MTX, the game would either give him an error (unable to find US-region MTX on the EU-PSN), or he'd be taken to the US PSN Store where he'd need to purchase that MTX in US Dollars rather than his local currency. That opens up a huge can of worms, because although it's easy to create alternate-region PSN accounts by using false details, you'd need to have some kind of legitimate payment method set-up to fund the account which is much harder to do in a way that isn't fraudulent, long-winded, risky or expensive.

Or, to put everything I've said another way, GGG may be about to be stuck in a situation where huge chunks of it's console player-base are trapped in a situation where they're simply *unable* to buy MTX, followed by a subsequent likely unwillingness to spend hours redownloading a 16GB game they're already enjoying just to enable a feature that lets them buy a stash tab or cosmetic. They'll want it patched-in to the version of the game they already have installed, and won't be happy if they're told that they need to delete the game and reinstall from their own-region PSN Store.

Prediction and assumption are mothers of all fuck-ups so better leave it as it is, we will see how it will be
gamer4life
"
makarijepoe wrote:
Prediction and assumption are mothers of all fuck-ups so better leave it as it is, we will see how it will be

That's only the case when prediction and assumption can affect the outcome. This situation is out of our hands, and out of GGG's hands. All that remains is our excitement and anticipation of the game which needs to be kept in-check.

Expect something or everything to go wrong, then when it does you're not disappointed because you expected it. Expect the game to actually release on time without any problems and you're just inviting disappointment: lots of us made that mistake with this very game many times already.
Just have faith exile, like when you thrown on the Wraeclast for the first time :D
gamer4life
"
Pobatti wrote:
"
makarijepoe wrote:

That's only the case when prediction and assumption can affect the outcome. This situation is out of our hands, and out of GGG's hands. All that remains is our excitement and anticipation of the game which needs to be kept in-check.

Expect something or everything to go wrong, then when it does you're not disappointed because you expected it. Expect the game to actually release on time without any problems and you're just inviting disappointment: lots of us made that mistake with this very game many times already.

Well,
GGG: We are willing to release PoE on PS Store.
Sony: You can after performance test.

After a while..

GGG: We are done codding etc. We are ready for it.
Sony: Guys, they are ready. Start to make store page for PoE.

After Performance Test..

Sony: GGG, you need to improve performance of the game.
GGG: Ugh! We need to improve performance.
Sony 1: Guys, store pages for PoE is canceled for now.
Sony 2: But, I released US store page.
Sony 1: Well, leave it be. Do not release rest.

Do we talking assumptions?
"
signonthe wrote:
Well,
GGG: We are willing to release PoE on PS Store.
Sony: You can after performance test.

After a while..

GGG: We are done codding etc. We are ready for it.
Sony: Guys, they are ready. Start to make store page for PoE.

After Performance Test..

Sony: GGG, you need to improve performance of the game.
GGG: Ugh! We need to improve performance.
Sony 1: Guys, store pages for PoE is canceled for now.
Sony 2: But, I released US store page.
Sony 1: Well, leave it be. Do not release rest.

Do we talking assumptions?

That's exactly what I mean.

The worst part about it is we're treating Sony as a single entity, yet they operate as a ton of internal divisions that are entirely seperate and are responsible for their own areas. Those divisions are pretty dreadful at communicating with each-other, let alone outsiders like GGG.

Any time there's any change of plans you can absolutely guarantee that some of the divisions will get the memo, while others won't. That means the end result is often unpredictable. On top of this, it's clear nobody at Sony is tasked with checking-up on what is actually done, so the job normally falls on the players themselves reporting those sort of problems.

So if the game's not on the store, chances are good that Sony don't even realize the game's missing, or that it should be there and isn't, until they get a ton of feedback from angry gamers complaining about the fact; at that point it can take anywhere between a week and 2 months to fix the problem, while a single overworked Community Manager rushes around making sure all the departments get the appropriate nudges, while trying to pacify the community at the same time.
Last edited by Pobatti on Mar 14, 2019, 5:47:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info