[3.10] MRSEANCONNORS CRIT / ARC TOTEMS - Hierophant 4.5 MIL DPS / BEGINNER FRIENDLY [All Content]

What about choir of the storm amulet on this build?
-dougans-
Hi. I tried this build and its very satisfying to play with. I still have a problem with it. I'm dying a lot, I'm very squishy. Basically have no defences other then immortal call.

Can someone please help me out how to improve build and get tankier? I can run maps till tier 9-10, above that I almost get oneshotted.

I've farmed around 2 exalts and 150 chaos. This is my first build in the game, and I'm kinda stucked. Any help is greatly appreaciated.

https://pastebin.com/gFuvjSpr
"
morakrava wrote:
"
SkylerOG wrote:

Arcane Cloak, and Steelskin give it around 10,000+ effective life (11,135 in my case).


Aren't they both guard skills and can't be used together?
Yes, that was a complete blunder on my part. I stupidly didn't realize AC was also a Guard skill.

Needless to say, I've removed Steelskin since it wasn't ever proccing, since AC was either always up or on cooldown.

So I moved a couple things around and added second wind in a couple places. This basically allows Phase Run to stay up permanently, Flame Dash to have an extra use and shorter cooldown, and Arcane Cloak can be up more often, too.

Considering we don't want any reserved mana, I didn't want to swap in a herald or warcry. Maybe we could have used something like Frost Wall, but that's not really a good replacement for a guard skill on a build like this. Or maybe a decoy totem might work, but that's not exactly instant defense. So the best option I could think of was simply improving Arcane Cloak. And I think it's a tossup between Second Wind and level 4 Empower.


Also, I got my hands on an Awakened Curse on Hit, which at level 5 allows for an additional curse, which allowed me to drop Whispers of Doom and add Heart of Thunder.

But PoB is bugged and doesn't recognize the ACoH added curse feature, so when you look at my PoB, you'll notice I have both Whispers of Doom and Heart of Thunder allocated on my amulet. But really there's only Heart of Thunder. The WoD is just there to simulate having the additional curse supplied by the ACoH gem.


Updated PoB: https://pastebin.com/BJjXZByQ
Last edited by SkylerOG on Jun 1, 2020, 9:31:28 AM
"
dougan wrote:
What about choir of the storm amulet on this build?
Yep, you certainly could.

And it would be a massive DPS boost... but at a cost.

In my case, I would gain around +4.6% more Arc Totem damage (plus around 25% more DPS from 2 Lightning Bolt's per second proccing on crits), around 120 effective life on Arcane Cloak, and about 24 ES...

But at a cost of 181 life, 29 chaos resist, a good amount of mana regen, and 24 str/dex, which takes us below stat requirements for several gems.


So I think it's just preference. It's already a pretty squishy build and changes like this just keep pushing it more and more towards a glass-cannon. But, maybe the added DPS is so significant that it makes map clearing better because mob packs are dying even faster. Not sure. Will have to see.
"
andras7010 wrote:
Hi. I tried this build and its very satisfying to play with. I still have a problem with it. I'm dying a lot, I'm very squishy. Basically have no defences other then immortal call.

Can someone please help me out how to improve build and get tankier? I can run maps till tier 9-10, above that I almost get oneshotted.

I've farmed around 2 exalts and 150 chaos. This is my first build in the game, and I'm kinda stucked. Any help is greatly appreaciated.

https://pastebin.com/gFuvjSpr
Check out my PoB a couple posts up. There's quite a few changes that would upgrade your/the OP build in it.

Arcane Cloak being the big one (lose immortal call for it). Wave of Conviction totem, another. And really big one is getting an added curse for Assassins Mark, either with Windshriek Boots (cheap, you don't need Inya's boots any longer once you have Conviction of Power), or Whispers of Doom amulet anointment (expensive), or pathing up to Whispers of Doom (should be 4 passive points), or level 5/20 Awakened Curse on Hit (very VERY expensive).

Lightning warp is trash, just use flame dash, then toss Phase Run in your movement button (can keep it up permanently with increased duration + second wind).

Also, if you don't have a bottled faith, then use Purifying Flame to put bosses on consecrated ground (+100 crit chance), not to mention the +6% life regen on demand is nice, too.

Ball lightning for curse application when clearing trash mobs, blade blast when doing bosses for the 10% more damage multiplier from Unnerve.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Jun 1, 2020, 10:38:29 AM
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
andras7010 wrote:
Hi. I tried this build and its very satisfying to play with. I still have a problem with it. I'm dying a lot, I'm very squishy. Basically have no defences other then immortal call.

Can someone please help me out how to improve build and get tankier? I can run maps till tier 9-10, above that I almost get oneshotted.

I've farmed around 2 exalts and 150 chaos. This is my first build in the game, and I'm kinda stucked. Any help is greatly appreaciated.

https://pastebin.com/gFuvjSpr
Check out my PoB a couple posts up. There's quite a few changes that would upgrade your/the OP build in it.

Arcane Cloak being the big one (lose immortal call for it). Wave of Conviction totem, another. And really big one is getting an added curse for Assassins Mark, either with Windshriek Boots (cheap, you don't need Inya's boots any longer once you have Conviction of Power), or Whispers of Doom amulet anointment (expensive), or pathing up to Whispers of Doom (should be 4 passive points), or level 5/20 Awakened Curse on Hit (very VERY expensive).

Lightning warp is trash, just use flame dash, then toss Phase Run in your movement button (can keep it up permanently with increased duration + second wind).

Also, if you don't have a bottled faith, then use Purifying Flame to put bosses on consecrated ground (+100 crit chance), not to mention the +6% life regen on demand is nice, too.

Ball lightning for curse application when clearing trash mobs, blade blast when doing bosses for the 10% more damage multiplier from Unnerve.


Will try it out. Thank you for the detailed response
Hey just wondering can i use ball lightning instead of Arc?

would there be a major difference in dps?
"
Hey just wondering can i use ball lightning instead of Arc?

would there be a major difference in dps?
Huge DPS difference. Like nearly 400% less.
"
SkylerOG wrote:
Check out my PoB a couple posts up. There's quite a few changes that would upgrade your/the OP build in it.

Arcane Cloak being the big one (lose immortal call for it). Wave of Conviction totem, another. And really big one is getting an added curse for Assassins Mark, either with Windshriek Boots (cheap, you don't need Inya's boots any longer once you have Conviction of Power), or Whispers of Doom amulet anointment (expensive), or pathing up to Whispers of Doom (should be 4 passive points), or level 5/20 Awakened Curse on Hit (very VERY expensive).

Lightning warp is trash, just use flame dash, then toss Phase Run in your movement button (can keep it up permanently with increased duration + second wind).

Also, if you don't have a bottled faith, then use Purifying Flame to put bosses on consecrated ground (+100 crit chance), not to mention the +6% life regen on demand is nice, too.

Ball lightning for curse application when clearing trash mobs, blade blast when doing bosses for the 10% more damage multiplier from Unnerve.


Couple questions from a noob at this build. When you mention wave of conviction totem, do you mean swapping out arc for it? Secondly, when you say "toss Phase Run in your movement button" what does that mean exactly? Lastly, when you say ball lightning for curse application when clearing trash, do you mean linking the curses to that skill and then freecasting it to apply the curses?

E: also, what level do you recommend getting CWDT to for use with Arcane Cloak?

Thanks for your help!
-dougans-
Last edited by dougan on Jun 5, 2020, 11:47:26 AM
"
andras7010 wrote:
Hi. I tried this build and its very satisfying to play with. I still have a problem with it. I'm dying a lot, I'm very squishy. Basically have no defences other then immortal call.

Can someone please help me out how to improve build and get tankier? I can run maps till tier 9-10, above that I almost get oneshotted.

I've farmed around 2 exalts and 150 chaos. This is my first build in the game, and I'm kinda stucked. Any help is greatly appreaciated.

https://pastebin.com/gFuvjSpr


not much you can do.
this build is really really lacking defenses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info