[3.6][SC] Duskdawn Divine Ire Trickster - up to 7m DPS on Shaper! [Chaos Conversion]

Do you want to one shot almost everything, including map bosses? Then this build is for you!

This build uses the awesome Duskdawn staff to abuse chaos conversion mechanics and allow for millions of damage from a single nasty beam of death. And with max block, ghost shrouds, and a solid life pool we're also fairly tanky to boot!

We're using Eldritch Battery to sustain our mana, which also allows us to fully conserve our mana pool. As well, it ensures we're always leeching ES for that juicy 39% more multi.

Clear speed is pretty quick with a very fast flame dash & instant death of enemies, you barely need to charge the beam to kill the majority of mobs. And the beam's base aoe is enough to clear most packs with a single shot, while herald of ash takes care of the stragglers.

This build does NOT require a lot of investment to become strong. By day 3 of Synthesis, I'm at 1.6m dps on Shaper after ~3ex of investment (early league spending). And most of my investment is for hp (Kaoms), not dps. Red maps are a breeze and everything is either frozen or dies too quickly to matter. You can reach 1m+ dps just fine with a tabula and a Duskdawn which, as of my writing right now, is ~3.5ex. There is, however, a lot of clicking required as you barely need to charge the beam to kill packs, so be prepared.

If you want to see the build in action or have any questions, catch my stream here: https://www.twitch.tv/playswitsquirrel

Shaper down! Video below

Defenses:
-6k+ life w/ Kaom's/MoM
-74% attack block & 28% spell block w/ rumis
-17% damage reduction w/ ghost shrouds & cannot be stunned
-Every single enemy will be instantly frozen by your beams, even map bosses
-decent leech from Atziri's promise

Offenses:
-high crit chance and plenty of crit multi from tree
-4 frenzy & power charges always w/ Swift Killer (for bosses like shaper, may want to charge w/ a 0-link channel skill before fighting)
-plenty of cast speed from trickster to charge up faster
-huge chaos conversion dps from Duskdawn, elder ammy, Trickster, & atziri's promise, bolstered further by lightning->cold conversion from Brotherhood rings
-Wither totem to take advantage of chaos damage (set at 10 stacks in PoB to be more realistic)

Pros:
-Kill most things with a single quick beam from far away
-Anything that tries to get close will be instantly frozen, shatters all mobs
-most map bosses die in 1-2 beams, harder bosses like Guardians maybe 6-7 beams depending on how long you can charge each one
-max block allows for a very safe and comfortable mapping experience

Cons:
-Reliant on flasks for a lot of DPS
-Little leech besides Atziri's Promise, may need to port out of some tough fights
-Pretty squishy before Kaom's at ~4.6k hp, depending on rares/Tabula, though you can go MoM & grab more es instead
-Duskdawn is expensive @ 4ex (buy it in parts, more info below), and no staff comes close to its dps

Changelog:
Spoiler

-The MoM version of the build works great! I think it might be the goto for this build, as it's easier to get up and running I think.

-Shaper kill video up! Was easy & deathless, even forgot to switch out inc aoe for the first phase
-Quick & easy minotaur kill up in the video section! More Guardians/shaper to come soon.

-I added a hatred/wrath Watcher's Eye to the ideal gear PoB,

Gear:
Spoiler

Ideal Gear:
Staff: Duskdawn
Chest: Kaom's Heart/ES Chest (go MoM/EB
Helm: Devouring Diadem
Rings: Call of the Brotherhood x 2
Amulet: Elder Ammy w/ non-chaos damage as extra chaos damage mod

With gear you have a few options. You can go either pure life-based or life/es based w/ Mind over Matter (MoM). If you go life-based, which is how I started, then you'll want a Kaom's as your endgame chest piece, but that means 6linking your Duskdawn. If you go MoM, you can grab a 6l ES chest with 450-500es (try and get a total of 4900 life, 1900 es), which will likely be cheaper than trying to 6l your Duskdawn on average. MoM/EB is also great for dealing with any mana issues, and is similarly tanky (though more susceptible to one-shots, I find).

For rares, focus on life/resists. We get a lot of res from the tree/alira to help with gearing. For jewels, focus on crit multi & increased life.

To get a Duskdawn, as you likely won't see one on poe.trade, you'll need to buy a Shade of Solaris & Light of Lunaris, then vendor both w/ a fuse

BUDGET GEAR:
Body: Tabula
Staff: Rare staff w/ 60%+ spell damage and a few other damage mods like global crit strike/multi, cast speed is helpful as well. A lot of good mods can be crafted, remember, so when you search poe trade try and find staffs that are pretty good but lack for example crit multi, but have an open suffix to craft -- or even lacks spell damage, but has an open prefix to craft it!
All other rares: just grab life/res on your rares, you don't need them for dps. Amulet you might want some crit multi/chance, but it's not necessary at all. A 6l does more than enough damage for yellow maps. Main concern is getting as much life as possible.

Here's an example of budget gear: https://pastebin.com/SDyDk0QR the eclipse staff I found on poe.trade for 2c.

My current gear:

My total cost of build so far (pushed hard early): 1.3ex for Duskdawn, 6l'd in 40 fuses (yes, I know, I'm a lucky bastard), Kaom's Heart 1.2ex, Brotherhood rings 24c, belt 60c, amulet 40c, jewel 8c
Total spent: ~4ex. DPS on shaper: 2.5m. Of course, this gear will be more expensive now -- I'd estimate it at about 10 ex, assuming decent luck on 6linking your duskdawn.

Trees:
Spoiler

Path of Building (Ideal Gear/Tree, 6m DPS): https://pastebin.com/5BSs0gfK (If you don't have Devouring Diadem, you need to spend four points path to EB)

NOTE ON DPS: The beam damage calculation is not DPS, it's the damage from the hit of the beam itself. So with really good gear, the beam at 20 stacks hits for 5.3m on shaper. I haven't been accounting for the dps from the sparks while channeling, which does ~900k dps. To fully channel a beam, I think it takes about 1.2 seconds on a unique (depending on cast speed). So really, it's more like ~6m dps! I do want to mention that the Diadem has 40% inc ire damage on it, which is probably a pipe-dream, but certainly not impossible. I just know I'm not going to bother grinding uber lab for the enchant, aha.

Also, you can definitely get more DPS, but at the sacrifice of hp & res, ie Incandescent Heart, The Tactician, Maligaro's Virtuosity, less life nodes, etc. Probably not a good idea to reduce survivability when you've got so much dps already, but hey, your choice.

BUDGET VERSION: https://pastebin.com/SDyDk0QR

Current Character (3.2m dps): https://pastebin.com/vrZTXcLh
Using MoM variant atm, liking it a lot!

MOM Variant (cheaper to gear, potentially the same EHP as life-based): https://pastebin.com/1K7ykWPM

The tree isn't optimized; this is my current character, built as life-based from the ground up, and the only difference in my tree is that I grabbed MoM. The chest & helm for about 4c each, and having a socketed chest means we can use an Orb of Storms-Curse on Hit setup, which adds some nice dps/survivability depending on the curse you want to use (assassin's mark, warlord's, or enfeeble are best imo).

Ascendency: Swift Killer -> Ghost Dance -> Escape Artist -> Harness the Void

Bandits:Save Alira

Gem Links:
Spoiler

Staff (or body): Divine Ire - Controlled Destruction – Infused Channeling – Physical to Lightning - Energy Leech – Increased Area of Effect/increased critical strikes (if mapping) / conc effect (if bossing)

Okay so we have some options on the final link. I leveled to 90 with conc effect wh, but I realized that I had way more dps than I needed to map comfortably and could have just as well used inc aoe or inc crit and have had an easier and faster mapping experience. With enough dps, inc aoe just clears packs all around you and you don't need to aim your beam at all unless it's at a rare. It depends on your gear, however; if you feel you need the damage to clear bosses/mobs, use conc effect. But try with inc aoe/inc crits first, it's easier on the hand too.

Also, if you want to maximize dps on bosses like Shaper/Elder that can't effectively be chilled, use Elemental Focus instead of Controlled Destruction.

Helm (with Devouring Diadem): Hatred + Zealotry + Herald of Ash + Lightning Golem
Helm without: Hatred + Herald of Ash + Herald of Ice (once you have ~300es) + Lightning Golem OR Hatred + Zealotry + Lightning Golem

Boots: CWDT – Immortal Call – Increased Duration – Wave of Conviction OR Wave of Conviction - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark/Enfeeble - orb of storms

Gloves: Flame Dash – faster casting + wither – spell totem
With the gloves, you want to make sure you it has two 2-links so that flame dash isn't connected to spell totem. You can do this easily at the crafting table by crafting your gloves with the 2-link recipe for 1 fuse.

You can also use vaal righteous fire for a solid boost in dps for map bosses, though be careful as it hits your hp pretty hard.

Flasks:
Spoiler

Life flask w/ panicked/bleed, Atziri's Promise, Rumi's Concoction, Diamond Flask w/ experimenters/freeze, Silver/Quicksilver w/ curse immune (Quicksilver for mapping, Silver for bossing)

Get Atziri's Promise for your first flask, then Rumi's (make sure it's 20% block chance). Can also use a Wise Oak or Taste of Hate for more DPS at the expense of some surivivability at the loss of cast speed.

Leveling guide (with trees):
Spoiler

Lvl 1-12: Frost bomb - onslaught - arcane surge for clear, explosive trap - poison for single target. Tree: http://poeurl.com/cj2j

Lvl 12-28 (until divine ire): Blade Vortex - controlled destruction - onslaught - faster casting/spell echo. Tree: http://poeurl.com/cj2k OR EK, whatever else you want to play

lvl 28-72: Divine Ire + controlled destruction + infused channel + faster casting/phys to light (faster casting isn't needed per say, mostly a QOL to get faster charges) Tree: http://poeurl.com/cj1S

If you don't have a good staff or don't want to use one for whatever reason just spec into some crit nodes (throatseeker/arcane potency). Also to note, you do NOT need EB until you have a 6l Divine Ire going, aka once you've bought a tabula (which you want to do asap).

Use Hatred + Herald of Ash for leveling with Divine Ire, as Hatred helps a ton with keeping enemies away. Make sure to grab Lucidity node early to help with mana.

Pantheon:
Spoiler

Major: Solaris
Minor: Tukohama

Videos:
Spoiler

Shaper Kill: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/395171300
Volume warning, I can be a bit loud. I haven't killed Shaper in a few leagues to be honest, so I'm a bit rusty, but he's generally pretty easy especially with lots of damage. The less time the fight lasts the better!

Hydra (MoM variant): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/396713327

Minotaur Kill: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/394615757

T15 Core: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/394524509

T14 Racecourse: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/394038501

Uber Elder inc
Uber Atziri inc

FAQ:
Spoiler

WIP
Last edited by an1drag0n on Mar 18, 2019, 4:04:23 PM
Last bumped on Apr 21, 2019, 4:28:01 PM
Gear section says 1.6M Shaper DPS. Title says 5M+.

Something doesn't add up.
I hope that when the world comes to an end I can breathe a sigh of relief; because there will be so much to look forward to.
"
Gear section says 1.6M Shaper DPS. Title says 5M+.

Something doesn't add up.

Check under the trees section, "ideal gear" which has a set of what I think is realistic gear to strive for in the league. The tree after is my character's tree/gear, which is currently at 1.6m dps.

Though to be fair, you likely won't get 5m dps for under 10ex, so I changed the title. I'd say my gear is roughly worth 10ex (6l Duskdawn + Kaom's) it were mid league, but 1.6m dps is still solid enough that it's realistic to use this build to reach 5m dps with not that much more investment imo. A lot of dps comes from levels, as well.
Last edited by an1drag0n on Mar 11, 2019, 5:33:09 AM
Interesting build that I think I might follow I just wanted to ask how defensive does it feel? I can see the dmg is def there so this is my only real concern, thanks!
This build is freaking amazing lol .

it might lack some survivability but the damage is insane.

Overall i think it's fun and engaging to play. probably the best build i've come across so far on 3.6, especially for soft core people.

Thank you very much OP for sharing with us !
"
moh556 wrote:
Interesting build that I think I might follow I just wanted to ask how defensive does it feel? I can see the dmg is def there so this is my only real concern, thanks!

I find mapping to be a breeze as mobs are frozen or killed before they can reach you 90% of the time, and with max block the occasional hit is often prevented anyways. And when we do get hit, 6k hp & decent DR is usually enough to survive, unless it's a huge hit.

I've never leveled a character to 90 as fast I have this one, and that's because I almost never die. I haven't yet tested the build against the big bosses yet, I'll update the vid section when I do. I'll probably do an Atziri run & maybe a t14 map showcase soon! Shaper is next on the list.

"

This build is freaking amazing lol .

it might lack some survivability but the damage is insane.

Overall i think it's fun and engaging to play. probably the best build i've come across so far on 3.6, especially for soft core people.

Thank you very much OP for sharing with us !

Glad you enjoy it!

Hi man thanks for this build ! I want to follow it but can u explain me the route for the tree pls ? like lvl 30,55... Thanks for the answer !
Loving the build so far, just reached mapping, it's tons of fun!

My only question is, what does budget gear look like? Like what gear should I be striving for to help me farm up to this gear?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, i'm newer to the game.

Thanks again!
"
Nitoes7413 wrote:
Hi man thanks for this build ! I want to follow it but can u explain me the route for the tree pls ? like lvl 30,55... Thanks for the answer !

Hey I updated the leveling guide with trees at each step, check it out and let me know if it's enough!

"
Deltaspirit wrote:

Loving the build so far, just reached mapping, it's tons of fun!

My only question is, what does budget gear look like? Like what gear should I be striving for to help me farm up to this gear?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, i'm newer to the game.

Thanks again!

I expanded the gear section a bit to clarify budget options, but essentially you just want rares w/ life and res, a tabula, and whatever decent staff you can get your hands on. Good mods for the staff are global crit multi/chance, spell damage, cast speed, lightning damage. Also remember you can craft a lot of these suffix/prefixes, just look for an almost good staff that has an open prefix/suffix for crafting!
Nice thanks for the update but URL for Lvl 1-12 Lvl 12-28 doesn't work :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info