EU Latency/Connectivity Issues [Deutsche Telekom/1&1]

This is getting ridiculous, i'm playing on the amsterdam realm, am from Belgium, and my internet provider is Belgacom. Some days i get some rubberbanding, which is ok, nothing bad, rubberbanding once in a while is normal.

But some days, it becomes borderline unplayable. I've been playing poe since 2013, and i never had this much latency problems as since this league started. I love poe, and i find it sad that it's the only game where shit like this happens..
As far as I know, GGG is in the process of changing ISP so until that is complete nothing more will happend here.
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
As far as I know, GGG is in the process of changing ISP so until that is complete nothing more will happend here.

any source for this?
"
Rumpelzuck wrote:
"
HanSoloDK wrote:

any source for this?

I was told told by support when I was talking to them about issues with the Japanese realm

"
We currently have two providers for the Japan gateway, IBM and Unity. We're currently moving away from IBM to Unity servers, and it looks like the route to the Unity servers for these players is less than optimal.

It's also been mentioned in a few threads in this forum.

I don't know how many locations have changed over to Unity completely, you'd need to look at the IP address of the instance server you're connected to, to see which provider you're getting.
ok, but this effects Japanese Servers and their connection. Anything similar for European Server ISP connections?

Since 1&1 switched my DSL connection from Telekom Backbone to a "Breitband-POP" in the Versatel Backbone my latency to GGG Servers at Amsterdam and Frankfurt is fine, even in prime time.
I don't want to change that. :)
"
Rumpelzuck wrote:
ok, but this effects Japanese Servers and their connection. Anything similar for European Server ISP connections?

Since 1&1 switched my DSL connection from Telekom Backbone to a "Breitband-POP" in the Versatel Backbone my latency to GGG Servers at Amsterdam and Frankfurt is fine, even in prime time.
I don't want to change that. :)

It's happening across all locations. So far login is being handled by Cloudflare on all servers I looked at. Also, if you look at the
mtr test support page page, you'll notice most locations have two entries.

ams.speedtest.pathofexile.com
ams-m.speedtest.pathofexile.com

The first is the IBM/Softlayer connection the second, as far as I can see, is the new provider. Unfortunately, the Frankfurt test is broken and points to Sweden.

When I connect to a Amsterdam instance server now I connect to 185.80.221.* which is:

"
inetnum: 185.80.220.0 - 185.80.221.255
netname: EU-100TB
descr: UK2 Infrastructure
geoloc: 52.39 4.66
remarks: INFRA-AW
remarks: Abuse matters to: email@submitabuse.com
remarks: Abuse mail to any other address may be ignored
admin-c: UKAC-RIPE
tech-c: UKAC-RIPE
mnt-by: VI-MNT
created: 2015-10-06T15:11:16Z
last-modified: 2016-02-24T08:10:23Z
source: RIPE

Simialer changes can be seen on other European locations albeit with different providers.

As I said, it may be, in some locations, GGG continue to use IMB and Unity, you'll have to check.
bump
servers are shit again..

for the last few weeks everything worked fine. But yesterday I had the instance lags again and today it's nearly unplayable. I have over 100ms and massive spikes inside my hideout. When I go to Oriath and back to my hideout theres a chance my latency drops back to 12ms. (this is my normal latency) Sometimes it takes a few "resets" of my hideout to get it but it's a workaround. For maps its much worse because I loose a portal everytime I go out of the map and back in and it costs a lot of time.

bump
you need to document what instances IP doesn't LAG and witch LAG.
At the same time, run a WinMTR report against those IP so we can see if you are forced to an other gateway......
lon.speedtest.pathofexile.com

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| OpenWrt.lan - 0 | 283 | 283 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 |
| No response from host - 100 | 56 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
|renf-core-2b-xe-103-0.network.virginmedia.net - 0 | 283 | 283 | 7 | 10 | 39 | 24 |
|86.85-254-62.static.virginmediabusiness.co.uk - 0 | 283 | 283 | 25 | 28 | 58 | 27 |
| uk-lon03a-ri1-ae2-0.aorta.net - 0 | 283 | 283 | 25 | 29 | 58 | 43 |
| 213.46.177.174 - 0 | 283 | 283 | 25 | 29 | 56 | 37 |

| ae5.cbs01.tg01.lon01.networklayer.com - 73 | 72 | 20 | 27 | 28 | 36 | 27 |

| bf.13.2da9.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com - 0 | 283 | 283 | 26 | 29 | 57 | 37 |
| 77.76.32a9.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com - 0 | 283 | 283 | 26 | 29 | 47 | 30 |
| c3.76.32a9.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com - 0 | 283 | 283 | 27 | 29 | 54 | 38 |
| speedtest.lon02.softlayer.com - 0 | 283 | 283 | 26 | 27 | 58 | 44 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Going through any portal just results in crashing to the login screen for me. It's been bad since I started this league, with multiple droips in uberlab especially, but this is unplayable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info