Nothing happens when I "Launch" Stand alone client after patch

Hoped for some kind of fix during the night, nothing.

Never been unable to play on release day (week-end?), too bad...
Last edited by blaupe on Mar 9, 2019, 4:02:20 AM
right after starting the client it shows "checking resources...." before the window dissapears. task manager shows "process running".
i remember a situation i had a while ago when there was not enough space on disc to initialize the game, same happened, only that then there was a message like " not enough space"
not a technician here, just my thoughts, can discspace really be my problem ?
got windows10 and poe running on a small 100gb ssd, 25gb freespace.

all was good until yesterday ...
I cant get the game to start, currently using steam version. Two instances of Path of Exile steam(32 bit and 64bit) running through checking task manager. Windows 10 Direct X 12, Geforce GTS 450. Please help.
I've had the same issue you're having. I tried disabling my integrated gfx card via device manager and was able to launch the game. As soon as it launched it fired up a Vector<T> error message.
Update: I did delete Content.ggpk from the POE folder and reinstall the game.
The game is starting now.
"
blaupe wrote:
Update: I did delete Content.ggpk from the POE folder and reinstall the game.
The game is starting now.

Indeed i did the same and was able to launch the game. Thanks!
i have now tried a complete uninstall/reinstall, updated graphics driver, every compatibility, even tried the steam version to no avail. just for good measure I'll delete just the content and reinstall. What i do notice is I am always able to patch. but once it tries to launch the game client, it disappears and I can't play.
"
Dampf wrote:
right after starting the client it shows "checking resources...." before the window dissapears. task manager shows "process running".
i remember a situation i had a while ago when there was not enough space on disc to initialize the game, same happened, only that then there was a message like " not enough space"
not a technician here, just my thoughts, can discspace really be my problem ?
got windows10 and poe running on a small 100gb ssd, 25gb freespace.

all was good until yesterday ...

If indeed that is your problem. it isn't mine. I have over 800 GB available on my drive. good luck though.
"
Faeryknight wrote:
i have now tried a complete uninstall/reinstall, updated graphics driver, every compatibility, even tried the steam version to no avail. just for good measure I'll delete just the content and reinstall. What i do notice is I am always able to patch. but once it tries to launch the game client, it disappears and I can't play.

Yup I have the exact same problem as you, I've done everything you've done and still have no solution to this mess. I'm waiting for tech support to wake up :S
"
ANFSCD wrote:
I have no idea why this worked, but it did for me. It's worth a shot everywhere else.

For NVidia Driver users, right click on the desktop to open the nVidia Control Panel. Then, head to the "set up multiple displays" section, as shown below.

Select the display you want to display the game on and confirm your settings. Hit apply and try to run the game again. On my end it must have not been properly reading the display it was suppose to project to, hence the DISPLAY1 error.

For those without multiple monitors, grab the small display of your monitor in the grey box and try to pull it with your mouse (click and drag). It won't do anything, but it is the only way I found to bring up the "apply" option when you only have a single monitor.

well, this is what lets me enter the game, finally 8 )

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info