[Retired Thread] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Old)

"
Wallach wrote:
"
Ofnir_ wrote:
I would rather use faster projectiles over one of the support gems for clearing maps. Your clear speed will improve a bit.

While I could see Faster Projectiles being a great clear gem, it's not very convenient unless you manage to craft at least one white socket onto your chest via Syndicate bench. If you do and don't mind gem swapping between clear and bossing, it seems like a reasonable idea to me.

I think you undervalue projectile speed. There are other ways to get good projectile speed besides faster projectiles.

You could use a helmet with projectile speed enchant. 20% from your gem and maybe craft projectile speed on amulet. Maybe get some on jewels.

I think Holy Flame Totems feel a hell of a lot better to play once you have good projectile speed. It improves your ability to survive by hitting more mobs without re-summoning your totems and improves your clear speed.
Last edited by Ofnir_ on Apr 1, 2019, 6:26:05 PM
"
Ofnir_ wrote:
"
Wallach wrote:
"
Ofnir_ wrote:
I would rather use faster projectiles over one of the support gems for clearing maps. Your clear speed will improve a bit.

While I could see Faster Projectiles being a great clear gem, it's not very convenient unless you manage to craft at least one white socket onto your chest via Syndicate bench. If you do and don't mind gem swapping between clear and bossing, it seems like a reasonable idea to me.

I think you undervalue projectile speed. There are other ways to get good projectile speed besides faster projectiles.

You could use a helmet with projectile speed enchant. 20% from your gem and maybe craft projectile speed on amulet. Maybe get some on jewels.

I think Holy Flame Totems feel a hell of a lot better to play once you have good projectile speed. It improves your ability to survive by hitting more mobs without re-summoning your totems and improves your clear speed.

Not sure why you think that, all of those sources of projectile speed are used and mentioned in my guide (other than projectile speed on amulet from Syndicate crafting). You were specifically asking about Faster Projectiles Support in that quote, which is much harder to utilize because a green socket isn't very flexible. Even then, as I mentioned, it's a reasonable gem swap to make between clearing and bossing if you land a white socket on your main link so it doesn't come at a huge single target DPS penalty for bosses.
Added a video for Chayula's Pure Breachstone, just for fun. Seems like a pretty easy farm for this build.

Also took a pit stop after hitting level 99 to kill Uber Elder again and almost did the fight deathless this time (he killed me as I killed him with that same attack I can never see).

I plan to push to level 100 probably starting this weekend, after which point... I'm not sure what else I'll do with this build. Thanks to everyone who has stopped by the stream lately!
Hi, thanks so much for the build. I have just started Act 10 and haven't even looked close to dying yet. I have about 45k tooltip damage on the totems so far, and it is melting everything.

Do you think it worth collecting a couple of extra power charges, as both nodes are adjacent to the levelling path anyway? This will give 36% added duration and 80% crit chance for the expenditure of four passives. These will be basically up all the time as the power charge generation is so strong.
"
HalfTon wrote:
Hi, thanks so much for the build. I have just started Act 10 and haven't even looked close to dying yet. I have about 45k tooltip damage on the totems so far, and it is melting everything.

Do you think it worth collecting a couple of extra power charges, as both nodes are adjacent to the levelling path anyway? This will give 36% added duration and 80% crit chance for the expenditure of four passives. These will be basically up all the time as the power charge generation is so strong.

Nah, they don't wind up being very efficient skill points. The duration in particular is wasted because we generate power charges so consistently through Conviction of Power, and we get 20% free duration for both Endurance and Power charges from the minor node leading to it.

As a general rule of thumb, Power Charges are rarely ever worth picking up in the skill tree unless you are scaling them further through something outside the skill tree like Void Battery or Power Charge on Critical support.
Just wondering what pantheon powers you run or are useful to level up for this build?
"
SirAgnorWolf wrote:
Just wondering what pantheon powers you run or are useful to level up for this build?

For major I typically keep Brine King slotted, just to combat stunlock mostly. If you manage to get your hands on synthesized boots that have Unwavering Stance, I'd probably switch that out for Lunaris for the "Avoid Projectiles that have Chained" bonus, which can be scary in the Nexus due to our totems.

For minor I generally run Shakari but it's totally personal preference and can be swapped around for whatever content you feel like doing. Tukohama is the only one that feels "bad" since we are so rarely ever standing still.
Hi! I'm interested in trying out this build. My current main is a Molten Strike jugg so I have some gear that both can use.

I'm wondering about Xoph's Blood for this build. Would it be good? Could save up some passives for Avatar of Fire...

Thanks for the guide, will be interesting to try when I get to leveling :)
"
ThePulk wrote:
Hi! I'm interested in trying out this build. My current main is a Molten Strike jugg so I have some gear that both can use.

I'm wondering about Xoph's Blood for this build. Would it be good? Could save up some passives for Avatar of Fire...

I mean you technically could use a Xoph's Blood but we already really want to go up there for the Arcane Potency notable and a bit more life, so you'd only save 1 skill point. You'll definitely lose more by not using a better rare amulet than you would get out of that skill point. I'd stash it and if you find you really like playing the build the sell the Xoph's Blood on for some juicy gear upgrades.
"
Wallach wrote:
"
ThePulk wrote:

I mean you technically could use a Xoph's Blood but we already really want to go up there for the Arcane Potency notable and a bit more life, so you'd only save 1 skill point. You'll definitely lose more by not using a better rare amulet than you would get out of that skill point. I'd stash it and if you find you really like playing the build the sell the Xoph's Blood on for some juicy gear upgrades.

Yes, I noticed after I posted that we wouldn't save many points. I guess the potential stats from a rare is better than the stats from Xoph's. I'll keep it on my MS jugg anyway. Thank you for answering. I'll finish leveling before I decide to throw more exalts at the build :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info