[Retired Thread] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Old)

Hey boss - playing HC and really enjoying the build. Little scared with my 5k life but I been doing ok in red maps so far at level 80.

Can you check out my current build and let me know your thoughts?

https://pastebin.com/nPUU6FWK
"
YisusJr wrote:
Pantheon Choice? Greetings

Personally I run Brine King for major and Gruthkul for minor. The major helps offset the lack of stun immunity in the build, though if I ever find some Synthesized Unwavering Stance boots I'd swap it out for Lunaris. The minor is personal preference and should probably be swapped depending on what content you're running.

"
dsata wrote:
Hey boss - playing HC and really enjoying the build. Little scared with my 5k life but I been doing ok in red maps so far at level 80.

Can you check out my current build and let me know your thoughts?

https://pastebin.com/nPUU6FWK

I can't speak too much to Hardcore since I don't really play that league in Path of Exile, but in terms of the build itself it looks like everything is headed in the right direction. You may want to pull back some damage in the 80+ range in exchange for more HP, like dropping the rest of the Shadow area and going up to Written in Blood.
whats your current tooltip dps?
In the jewels section you mention rain of splinters for better clear speed, but it is not listed in your Path of Building, and it looks like you don't pick up jewel slots on the tree until endgame.

Could you clarify if you even use it and when you should be looking to grab a jewel node on the tree to start using it?
"
Xandin wrote:
In the jewels section you mention rain of splinters for better clear speed, but it is not listed in your Path of Building, and it looks like you don't pick up jewel slots on the tree until endgame.

Could you clarify if you even use it and when you should be looking to grab a jewel node on the tree to start using it?

Mmm, yeah, I didn't remember that gem existed until after league started so it wasn't part of the original PoB.

I'd take that first jewel for Rain of Splinters early, probably right after Ancestral Bond. I'll fix the PoB in a minute.
One question: why is your Vaal Righteous Fire skill gem only lvl 5 in PoB? Or is it just not up to date?

Edit:

And am I missing some gems or are there just free sockets to play around with? Got any setup so far, but I still have 3 sockets empty. Just curious ^^
Last edited by Pfefferminzkaugummi on Mar 22, 2019, 3:29:30 PM
I had the bright idea that I might be able to get a flammability aura for free from Impresence along with the Essence Worm free aura (silly me).

However, not only does Essence Worm cost you 40% more reservation for the other aura, it actually causes the Impresence feature to be completely ignored. So you get %140 of the aura reservation cost, with nothing at all deducted due to Impresence.

Another nice idea shot down. I guess I'll have to choose one free aura or the other.

edit: I dropped the essence worm and free herald of ash for impresence and free flammability aura. The aura has pretty short range, but at least applies to anything that gets near me or that I can approach. When it does apply, the curse yields more dps than herald of ash, especially on anything fire resistant. More importantly, between the impresence stats and the ones on the ring that replaces essence worm, I get a bunch of other improvements too.

edit 2: I decided to just self-cast the curse. The range is far better than the aura. I thought maybe I could get arcane surge to trigger from the curse, but no can do. I'm still trying to use Tukohama's shield (am I the last?), and blood magic nixes arcane surge. So many arbitrary interactions in this game.
Last edited by shrunn57 on Mar 22, 2019, 5:52:38 PM
"
One question: why is your Vaal Righteous Fire skill gem only lvl 5 in PoB? Or is it just not up to date?

Edit:

And am I missing some gems or are there just free sockets to play around with? Got any setup so far, but I still have 3 sockets empty. Just curious ^^

In a fully-socketed setup you will have a few free sockets, yes. I personally use them for Portal and a couple extra gem leveling spots.

As for Vaal Righteous Fire, I'm guessing I originally had Vaal Haste in that slot in a lower Dexterity gear setup. If you are going to run Vaal Righteous Fire you want to ensure that it above your CWDT level threshold or it will trigger regular Righteous Fire when you activate Vaal Righteous Fire.
Did some further clean-up on the gear / jewel sections that were a little outdated from league start. Also updated the PoB trees slightly to make it more clear about taking a jewel slot early in progression is ideal.

Also added a max level Syndicate Mastermind fight video from the other day. There isn't many bosses left for me to add onto that section that I can think of, other than 250+ depth Delve bosses. If there's anything you'd like to see added there, feel free to let me know.
Hey! I feel like the damage on my build is kinda low. Having trouble in red tiers. What should I upgrade? Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info