[Retired Thread] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Old)

"
FitzGX wrote:

op op ^^

Nice, that's a great weapon. I should add a section about Shaper sceptres to the gear section as the "Gain X% Physical Damage as Fire Damage" is a bit stronger than regular Fire or Spell Damage.

I've also tweaked the Shadow starting area by a couple points in my own tree and will update the PoB link to reflect that, though it is pretty minor (picking up Resourcefulness and Fangs of the Viper in exchange for more damage).

At this point my own character is already doing over 2 million Shaper DPS with flasks up, and I still have a fair amount of room to grow (multi-mod on weapon, a shield with actual offensive stats, boot enchant, better jewels at a glance). This build turned out to be fairly strong single target thanks to these new rings being so huge. I'll be a bit sad next league when they'll surely be much harder to acquire (if possible at all).

What do you think about Infernal Mantle Widowsilk Robe?
Nice guide, well written.

Standard option:
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
"
wiKambaya wrote:
What do you think about Infernal Mantle Widowsilk Robe?

In my setup we can't really make use of the 15% Fire to Chaos conversion since Avatar of Fire will not allow us to deal Chaos damage (or any other damage type other than Fire), which in my opinion takes it out of the running. If you want to pursue other means of conversion it might be more viable, but even then I think only competitive with something like a Shaper chest with +spell crit, which will also offer a large chunk of life and possibly other defensive stats.

"
Castablanca wrote:
Nice guide, well written.

Standard option:

Thanks! That is indeed a silly sceptre, though for similar reasons to the above you'd have to find another means of conversion to really utilize for my setup (though in this case would be much easier to rationalize).
Bumping this just to say that when just swapping a couple points in the tree and changing Holy Flame Totem for Purifying Flame (and Infused Channeling for Spell Totem), PoB says that my character would be doing more than 1m Shaper DPS per totem.

Once I hit 95 and get what I want done tonight I'll toy with this, and if it proves to be a decent totem skill in practice I'll update the guide accordingly for the other phys/fire totem option available to us.

Edit - Couldn't resist messing with it while I try to eat some dinner. My initial verdict is that Purifying Flame is not a great skill for totems because they are not smart about how they target. Spell Totem chooses the nearest target, and Purifying Flame is a ground target skill so the area / clear speed is not ideal. That said it does seem to do quite a bit of damage so it's definitely a viable option with this skill tree (and even uses the same color sockets for our 6L so you can try it for yourself if you are already playing Holy Flame Totem). Personally I will be sticking with Holy Flame Totem.
Last edited by Wallach on Mar 15, 2019, 12:59:24 AM
If you delete Avatar of Fire, will your damage decrease? I have more damage without Avatar of Fire. I do not understand why it is for us :(
If you go kill Uber Elder, will you change the rain of splinters for another jewel?
Added a videos section with my first Guardians and Shaper kills from last night's stream. Elder didn't cooperate and put himself on a red map (though a couple of his pals did just to be jerks) so I didn't get my memory fragments finished but I wanted to test the build on Shaper anyway.

"
wiKambaya wrote:
If you delete Avatar of Fire, will your damage decrease? I have more damage without Avatar of Fire. I do not understand why it is for us :(

I gain at least 15% overall DPS taking Avatar of Fire still. It's possible that you are using gear that is trying to add elemental damage other than Fire which you cannot utilize fully with Avatar of Fire (or utilize whatsoever in the case of Chaos damage).

"
wiKambaya wrote:
If you go kill Uber Elder, will you change the rain of splinters for another jewel?

Up to you, really. Rain of Splinters will still have some value on the portal phases, but I suspect a rare Jewel (or Abyss Jewel) will probably be slightly more optimal for that fight.
Added a video for T15 Elder, who very kindly dropped me both a good Watcher's Eye and an Impresence.

I feel pretty confident at this point that Uber Elder is going to get smacked up whenever I can get around to spawning him, even if I didn't pursue any more upgrades. Maybe this weekend I'll find the time for it.
How is the damage feeling on the Holy Flame rework? Is it pretty endgame viable?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info