[Retired Thread] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Old)

"
so....do I need to regret buying
( was going to replace the armour /life with life/mana %)?

I thought this was going to be suitable for legion. pretty sick of melee that's for sure. I think GGG is trolling us ( melee improvements with a league mechanic that encourages mass aoe...)

Will this do well with Legion? I'm very sick and tired of regretting going left instead of right, and the idea of doing 5 armies being unrealistic.

You can't obsess over being the best. Lots of people in parties are commenting about flame totem heiro clear speed and smoothness. There will always be something better. HFT is a lot of fun and does a LOT of damage without a lot of investment.

Personally I'm using it to farm mass currency so I can do a really expensive build. I started the league late but I always need a powerful easy to gear league starter to farm that currency.

I'm considering wander (I know LOL) or an ice shot/barrage bow build; both of which require insane currency. But a few leagues ago before regular flame totem got left behind, it was always my league starter =)

Thanks for the fun build Wallach and the comments! Definitely dont retire it <3
Last edited by kuromahou on Jun 26, 2019, 11:36:39 PM
"
A reasonable answer. I like it so far ( lvl 54) and it will only be even better when I equip shield, chest and hat with enchant...

Knowing there's something better then what I am currently doing always grinds my gears and makes me reroll though :P. I hope it makes me happy.

The nice thing is that even if you don't shake the feeling you want to try Freezing Pulse, you won't need to reroll your character to do so. It will only take a handful of Orbs of Regret and the required gear changes.
71 now...did uber lab at 69. The build really shines with the 30% proj speed enchant. Recrafted mine which I wasn't happy with...got this:
Nasty :P

The spread and reach of the totems projectiles is pretty sweet. Been insta gibbed a few times by Legion yellows which is always annoying, but the build is pretty sick. Gonna push with it, probably stick with it. Don't have it in me to make any more builds this league. Pretty disappointed with the whole melee thing. Same old shit from GGG.
I think Chris Wilson did this on purpose ( legion with reworked melee...no amount of rework can make melee better at mechanics that encourage aoe then a caster) To what end though? To troll us? Quite possibly.
"
Wallach wrote:
"
Hey mate, leveling this as my third character (SSFbtw ^^, got lucky with an Essence Worm and RoS), having a blast so far. One thing I am curious about - what is the thought behind both Flame Dash and Lightning Warp? I always end up using just one movement skill personally.

Honestly I just couldn't find a use for the sockets that I liked; totally optional and the first thing you should remove if you have a better use for those links. I mostly just wanted Lightning Warp since there are some gaps too far for Flame Dash to cross.

One thing I could see people messing with is some kind of Wave of Conviction / Trap Support setup so you could get Fire Exposure while you have Ancestral Bond. I tried it briefly and found it pretty clunky but it's an idea to actually get more DPS out of the links.

I just went with a second CwDT setup with Chaos Golem for a bit of extra phys mitigation and Wave of Conviction. I tried to fit Shield Charge with Fortify in but couldn't color my shield, even though it would technically be two movement skills again. But I just love Foritfy.

EDIT: Well, half an hour after writing it I off-colored my shield. Even with my low hit chance I can proc Fortify realiably, which makes a huge difference.

I am at 85 now, still rocking pretty average gear though thanks to SSF. But it's amazing, I have more fun with this than I have with the other two chars I had so far. And one of them was Cyclone. ^^
FINALLY IT'S LUPUS!
Last edited by LupusImmortalis on Jun 27, 2019, 12:29:47 PM
Would Wave of Conviction even work here? You can't deal damage having taken Ancestral Bond, there for can't "apply - elemental resist matching the highest damage taken".

Look at your tool tip for Wave of Conviction. It does zero damage.

But ya...I'm finally having fun again. Cyclone is cute and all but doesn't clear the screen. Face it, you need that for this league.

A tip for the for the future LupusImmortalis, use the bench for colors. you can off color by doing the first 2 or 3, then 4, then back to 3 then 4 again then back to 3 till you get the colors you want. It's how people get off colors on completely unlikely to do pieces like 130 strength and you want 4 blue.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jun 27, 2019, 4:53:47 PM
"
Would Wave of Conviction even work here? You can't deal damage having taken Ancestral Bond, there for can't "apply - elemental resist matching the highest damage taken".

Look at your tool tip for Wave of Conviction. It does zero damage.

Oh man... you know, I've been playing this game for six years now, but sometimes I just have an absolute brain fart. You are of course correct.

"
A tip for the for the future LupusImmortalis, use the bench for colors. you can off color by doing the first 2 or 3, then 4, then back to 3 then 4 again then back to 3 till you get the colors you want. It's how people get off colors on completely unlikely to do pieces like 130 strength and you want 4 blue.

I know. I was just very low on Jeweller's and the crafting bench was very uncooperative. ^^
FINALLY IT'S LUPUS!
Yeah, the only way to make Wave of Conviction work when you have Ancestral Bond is to use it through totems, traps or mines. Since you wouldn't want to waste a totem cast on Wave of Conviction, you'd want to either use it through mines or traps - I'd try it in a trap setup if you really want to get access to the fire exposure. You should have the gem link room for it if you really want to give it a go.
I think it's a dead end to pursue a way to get exposure. I was thinking of a Rallying Cry set up though. Could be good on Legion...
Trying this build out for my first Hardcore completion, my only request is can you add a "Flask" tab to your guide please. Other than that the guide is amazing, and thank you for creating it. I'm level 24 starting Act 3 and the build is working perfect.
"
XEdwardElricX wrote:
Trying this build out for my first Hardcore completion, my only request is can you add a "Flask" tab to your guide please. Other than that the guide is amazing, and thank you for creating it. I'm level 24 starting Act 3 and the build is working perfect.

Yeah, people have requested that before and I did so for the Freezing Pulse guide but forgot to add one to this build. I'll get a section for flasks added in a few minutes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info