[Retired Thread] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Old)

Trying out this build and so far it works great. But I can't seem to get Zealotry in the Essence Worm ring? I don't know why, but the ring turns red when I try. I tried putting another Aura in it and it seems to work fine with them?

nvm my head is up my ass.
Last edited by Jialen on Jul 3, 2019, 2:35:59 PM
I was thinking of using this build but going for a Purifying Flames totem. Probably using a 6L Soul Mantle for the free level 20 Spell Totem Support.

Aside from a few skill gem changes, does anything else in this build not work if I used Purifying Flames instead of Holy Flame Totem?
"
Brikker wrote:
I was thinking of using this build but going for a Purifying Flames totem. Probably using a 6L Soul Mantle for the free level 20 Spell Totem Support.

Aside from a few skill gem changes, does anything else in this build not work if I used Purifying Flames instead of Holy Flame Totem?

I'd definitely recommend going Soul Mantle if you want to go Purifying Flames route, yeah. That tree should probably look more like my Freezing Pulse guide than this one, I would wager.

The other thing though if you're going Purifying Flame is obviously you need to dump all of the Projectile-specific affixes, since Purifying Flame has no Projectile tag. You'll want to trade as much of those for Area affixes, especially getting more Area Effect in the skill tree like Amplify and Blast Radius.
Heya, been trying to figure out if I should use a Loreweave or a rare chest?

Importing your PoB shows essentially the same DPS, 6% less life but 12.01% more ele mitgation from the Loreweave (along with a small amount of mana).

I'm leaning toward the rare chest myself for two reasons:
1.) It's an Astral which frees up a suffix for damage instead of resistances elsewhere &
2.) You can also get additional life regen on the rare chest, which seems to be our primary way to restore health.

I'd really like to hear your opinion.
Last edited by Ceveth on Jul 10, 2019, 9:02:16 PM
"
Ceveth wrote:
Heya, been trying to figure out if I should use a Loreweave or a rare chest?

Importing your PoB shows essentially the same DPS, 6% less life but 12.01% more ele mitgation from the Loreweave (along with a small amount of mana).

I'm leaning toward the rare chest myself for two reasons:
1.) It's an Astral which frees up a suffix for damage instead of resistances elsewhere &
2.) You can also get additional life regen on the rare chest, which seems to be our primary way to restore health.

I'd really like to hear your opinion.

Personally I favor the Shaper chest option as it is about 6-7% more damage on a T1 spell crit roll, and you get slightly more life. Loreweave isn't a bad option though since it does allow you to ignore the -max resist map rolls. Hard to say which option is more economical; getting a strong rare chest is probably slightly more RNG than a decent T1 spell crit roll with a decent life pairing.
just wondering if you could give me or us a HC passive tree?
Took your advice & sold the Loreweave, got a nice regal & crafted this!
Needs some divining, but can't complain too much.

Last edited by Ceveth on Jul 12, 2019, 3:18:11 AM
hello all, i'm noobish and would like some help on what to focus on next with my flame totem heiro. What stats should I focus on right now? Also, I'm running maps at level 9 to 10, should i be running labyrinth as well? Thanks!
I got really confused here. In the build guide you wrote: This unique flask will grant us up to 15% Cold Penetration. But we go 100% Fire damage, so why would we go for cold pen on the flask?
Hey Wallach,

I'm leaning on using this as my starter for next league. However I wanted to try out something else than Hierophant, and got to make a pretty solid build on PoB-paper with a life based Hiero-Chieftain Ascendant. More or less same damage than this build, with between 6 & 6,5k life, with the Chieftain life-leech.

I have one question: do you think the build would still feel fine if we only summon 1 totem at a time ?
I must say the 2 totems per cast is one of the reason I got hooked on Hierophant this time around, so I'm a little worried.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info