[Retired Thread] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Old)

"
Karkaras wrote:
right now the leveling section only contains act 1, perhaps a formatting issue?

anyway, great guide, started a 2nd char for this season immediately when i found it as I really enjoy totem builds and your guide looks very well done and easy to follow :)

Hm... not sure what happened there? I reverted the OP back one version (thankfully the forum has this feature built-in) and it still looks correct. Please let me know if you see any errors!
now all acts are again visible in the leveling section, thank you :)
Added a new video for the 4 Emblem version of Domain of Timeless Conflict. I did manage to snag a Karui Timeless Jewel but it doesn't appear to be too useful for this build.
Hi Wallach

Just wondering what's your opinion on Crit Strikes instead of combustion as the 6th link? Other 5 links being the standard HFT, Controlled Dest, Ele Focus, Infused Channel and Fire Pen.

My Crit is uncomfortably low right now. Finding it difficult to get a good shaper chest 6 linked so far. With my limited currency it may be a while.

I have Phys as extra fire on amulet, weapon and ring right now. Slightly modified your build and only using one essence worm in favour of a DPS ring. So I'm going to be removing Added Fire in favour of Crit Strikes or Combustion.

Until I get a shaper chest would you recommend using Crit Strikes gem? Even with all buffs I'm hovering around 40-50% which seems a bit low currently.

Thanks
Nice guide, first time playing PoE here, in your video, your maximum totem quantity is 4, but I can summon only 3, what am I missing?
You are missing +1 max totems on shield.

As Wallach notes, any shield with half decent stats and this mod is a big upgrade early on. Later try to really get a GG shield with plus 1 totem mod.
"
Mopstah wrote:
Hi Wallach

Just wondering what's your opinion on Crit Strikes instead of combustion as the 6th link? Other 5 links being the standard HFT, Controlled Dest, Ele Focus, Infused Channel and Fire Pen.

My Crit is uncomfortably low right now. Finding it difficult to get a good shaper chest 6 linked so far. With my limited currency it may be a while.

I have Phys as extra fire on amulet, weapon and ring right now. Slightly modified your build and only using one essence worm in favour of a DPS ring. So I'm going to be removing Added Fire in favour of Crit Strikes or Combustion.

Until I get a shaper chest would you recommend using Crit Strikes gem? Even with all buffs I'm hovering around 40-50% which seems a bit low currently.

Thanks

Best thing to do in your case is just import your own character into Path of Building and look at the difference. We aren't triggering anything with critical strikes, it is purely a damage scalar for us, so whatever is going to produce more damage is best in this case.

I took a quick glance at your character in Path of Building and it looks to me like Combustion at equivalent rank would still win over Increased Critical Strikes by a couple percent, and then by about 6% when Diamond flask is up.
I speedrun a second char with this build.
A1 to A10 very smooth and quick, without any death.
I just have a tabula and a goldrim, and generic rares for the run.
And yet, I m not a very skilled player (just killed shaper only one or two times in a previous league).
Very nice and solid build !
Thanks very much for your work !
"
hellboychess wrote:
I speedrun a second char with this build.
A1 to A10 very smooth and quick, without any death.
I just have a tabula and a goldrim, and generic rares for the run.
And yet, I m not a very skilled player (just killed shaper only one or two times in a previous league).
Very nice and solid build !
Thanks very much for your work !

Thanks, glad you enjoy the build!

Added a video today, finally got around to killing Shaper this league. I wasn't going to upload Shaper again... but I thought this one turned out to be worth watching. Can't even do Shaper deathless anymore, press F to pay respects.
can you please tell what leveling weapons/gear i should be using? I'm using dual lifespring at lvl 35 and was wondering if i should upgrade it to something better?

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info