[Retired Thread] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Old)

hi thank you for sharing such a nice build. i'm really enjoying the league with it.

while i was following your leveling tips, i found some problems.
in the "act 4" section, it says my targeting passive tree is the totemic fury, but i can't really find it in the passive tree map. can you tell me what i'm missing?
and also, i was wondering why you choose retribution in the tree even though totem is not a minion. is it because it still worth for other options in it?

i'm sorry if my english was too hard to understand since it's not my first language.
thanks
what about Tukohama Fortress shield? it is +40% damage for totems and not bad HP boost..
"
intycoffee wrote:
hi thank you for sharing such a nice build. i'm really enjoying the league with it.

in the "act 4" section, it says my targeting passive tree is the totemic fury, but i can't really find it in the passive tree map. can you tell me what i'm missing?
and also, i was wondering why you choose retribution in the tree even though totem is not a minion. is it because it still worth for other options in it?

i'm sorry if my english was too hard to understand since it's not my first language.
thanks

Yeah, I forgot to update the Leveling Tips section to account for that advice; Totemic Fury was actually Shamanistic Fury, but I removed that cluster for the 3.7 routing. I'll try to update the Leveling Tips section tonight, but in the meantime, you can trust the Path of Building skill tree - just use the different Labyrinth breakpoints in the drop down near the lower left-hand corner of Path of Building to plot out the recommended skill point progression.

As for Retribution, it is indeed just because the node is pretty solid value even without considering the Minion Damage bonus. The preceding minor node is a 5% Life node which makes it a good 2 point jump, especially in the early game.

"
VsegdaOdin wrote:
what about Tukohama Fortress shield? it is +40% damage for totems and not bad HP boost..

The downside of Tukohama's Fortress is that it forces you into Blood Magic, which means we cannot use the Mind Over Matter keystone or any of our other mana investment. Since Mortal Conviction was added you could probably make a reasonable build around that shield, but the skill tree would look entirely different and outside the scope of my current guide.

On a side note, I added a video for the Domain of Endless Conflict from the new league. It's only a two army Domain (Karui & Eternal Empire) but I figured I'd get started on making some 3.7 videos. I think this build is going to do well in there; it rewards raw DPS a bit more than pure area coverage like the monoliths, in that the most profitable way to turn out a Domain is to repeatedly kill the boss generals and respawn them (something a build like Essence Drain is not going to be great at doing).
"
Wallach wrote:
"
intycoffee wrote:

thanks

Yeah, I forgot to update the Leveling Tips section to account for that advice; Totemic Fury was actually Shamanistic Fury, but I removed that cluster for the 3.7 routing. I'll try to update the Leveling Tips section tonight, but in the meantime, you can trust the Path of Building skill tree - just use the different Labyrinth breakpoints in the drop down near the lower left-hand corner of Path of Building to plot out the recommended skill point progression.

As for Retribution, it is indeed just because the node is pretty solid value even without considering the Minion Damage bonus. The preceding minor node is a 5% Life node which makes it a good 2 point jump, especially in the early game.

"
VsegdaOdin wrote:

The downside of Tukohama's Fortress is that it forces you into Blood Magic, which means we cannot use the Mind Over Matter keystone or any of our other mana investment. Since Mortal Conviction was added you could probably make a reasonable build around that shield, but the skill tree would look entirely different and outside the scope of my current guide.

On a side note, I added a video for the Domain of Endless Conflict from the new league. It's only a two army Domain (Karui & Eternal Empire) but I figured I'd get started on making some 3.7 videos. I think this build is going to do well in there; it rewards raw DPS a bit more than pure area coverage like the monoliths, in that the most profitable way to turn out a Domain is to repeatedly kill the boss generals and respawn them (something a build like Essence Drain is not going to be great at doing).

thank you so much for replying. I never knew that i can do check the progress on Pob until now
Last edited by intycoffee on Jun 10, 2019, 11:50:16 AM
I'm a bit nub about the details of these stats, but if controlled destruction reduces crit chance 100%, wouldn't that negate all of the crit strike in the tree?
"
mangoskittle wrote:
I'm a bit nub about the details of these stats, but if controlled destruction reduces crit chance 100%, wouldn't that negate all of the crit strike in the tree?

Nope - whenever they say "increased" or "reduced", that stat is summed with all the other stats in that category instead of multiplied. So let's say we got +200% increased critical strike chance from the tree and +100% increased critical strike chance from gear - that would sum together for +300% increased critical strike chance. Controlled Destruction also sums in this category, it's just negative instead of positive - so it would apply -100% and bring us back down to +200% increased critical strike chance.

If they ever say "less" or "more" instead, that means the stat is multiplicative against any other effects on your character.
Hi again, Wallach!

So I have a question about the skill tree:

If we are taking AoF, why picking Divine Fury and Wrath? Is it just only for the 12% increased elemental damage?

Also in the leveling guide, in the Act 10, u say to pick Arcane Wrath, but that node doesn't exist. Were you referring to Divine Wrath or Arcane Potency?

Thanks in advance!
"
Rvban wrote:
Hi again, Wallach!

So I have a question about the skill tree:

If we are taking AoF, why picking Divine Fury and Wrath? Is it just only for the 12% increased elemental damage?

Also in the leveling guide, in the Act 10, u say to pick Arcane Wrath, but that node doesn't exist. Were you referring to Divine Wrath or Arcane Potency?

Thanks in advance!

Whoops - Arcane Wrath is supposed to be Arcane Potency. I didn't get a chance to update the leveling tips for 3.7, but when I do I'll correct that mistake as well.

As for Divine Fury and Divine Wrath, these are just efficient damage nodes. The reason being is that Holy Flame Totem starts as 100% Physical damage; the gem itself converts 50% of its own damage into Fire, and we convert the other half through Avatar of Fire, but the base damage before conversion is purely Physical. It's the same reason the affix "gain XX of physical as extra fire damage" is strong for this build.

These Divine damage nodes offer both increased Physical (scales the base) and Elemental (scales the post-conversion), as well as an additional 5% of Physical as extra Fire or Lightning damage. The Lightning version is less effective because Avatar of Fire will only convert half that Lightning damage back to Fire, but when added on top of the two 12% increased damage affixes it still winds up being very strong for 2 points.
Alright, I updated the Leveling Tips section for 3.7 and corrected the few typos that I found (as well as added a bit of information for calculating Mind Over Matter). Please let me know if you see any other errors or confusing information. Thanks!
right now the leveling section only contains act 1, perhaps a formatting issue?

anyway, great guide, started a 2nd char for this season immediately when i found it as I really enjoy totem builds and your guide looks very well done and easy to follow :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info