[3.10] HOLY FLAME TOTEM, MARAUDER - CHIEFTAIN / BUDGET FRIENDLY - 5.3 MIL DPS [ ALL CONTENT ]

Finished my Quad Cursing Variant of the build for the moment:

Level 90, with 5K life and 1.6K ES

99% the same as the original build, but:
- no Zealotry, as you need the ring for dexterity and resists
- if one casts a +2 level Flammability, this also autocasts Elemental Weakness, Projectile Weakness and Assasin's Mark at the same targets.
- 4 curses gives +80% increased damage though Doedre's Scorn, and everything melts now.

It took some fitting to get a 21/23 Projectile Weakness in, as this requires 159 DEX, but this alone is 56% MORE damage.

All in all, I think this significantly improves the dps of the original build, while yielding very little defence.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Dec 26, 2019, 6:42:36 AM
"
Flapdrol wrote:

IKt is 99% the same as the original build, but:
- if one casts a +2 level Flammability, this also autocasts Elemental Weakness, Projectile Weakness and Assasin's Mark at the same targets.
- 4 curses gives +80% increased damage though Doedre's Scorn, and everything melts now.

It took some fitting to get a 21/23 Projectile Weakness in, as this requires 159 DEX, but this alone is 56% MORE damage.

All in all, I think this significantly improves the dps of the original build, while yielding very little defence.

Hi!

What about morph bosses? I m testing this right now and i think that for 3.8 you can do all with no problem, but now it’s not very defensive, nor does it have much damage for this season.
Haven't tested against morph top bosses yet (need a few more levels first), but the quad cursing should *really* help on the dps side.

Defense for this build is a bit more problematic and relies a lot on the combo of playing behind your totems (who have Knockback from Projectile Weakness) and CWDT Frost Wall.

I need to experiment further with replacing one Curse by Enfeeble or TempChains and maybe add a Decoy Totem?

Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Dec 26, 2019, 1:43:46 PM
"
Flapdrol wrote:
Haven't tested against morph top bosses yet (need a few more levels first), but the quad cursing should *really* help on the dps side.

I'm dual cursing right now but considering tri-cursing (applied via Bane) by changing my annointment:

How are you faring on T14-T16 and the Atlas exiles? I want to make this build work but I'm not finding it very competitive at the moment, and I have decent gear for it already:

"
Ohtee wrote:
"
Flapdrol wrote:

I'm dual cursing right now but considering tri-cursing (applied via Bane) by changing my annointment:

How are you faring on T14-T16 and the Atlas exiles? I want to make this build work but I'm not finding it very competitive at the moment, and I have decent gear for it already:

>soul mantle
>holy flame totem

why tho
yea, what about it
how can you have that many totems ?
"
Flapdrol wrote:

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

99% the same as the original build, but:

This looks very VERY interesting! can you provide your skill tree or your PoB?

I am using the build from the post, but it seems MrSean is not updating it anymore and in my case is not going very well... Just lvl88 and playing in a PS4 so maybe that is the main reason.

Best regards
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Flapdrol wrote:
Is Totemic Zeal really worth it?

Basically 5 nodes for 9 Cast Speed: Placement Speed and Duration are hardly worth it. Or am I missing something?

I think I prefer 25% more life from the Life Wheel or 2 more Jewels

If nothing else, playing around in path of building shows that for the same number of points out of the way, Shamanistic Fury gives 3x as much dps per point. Totem placement speed and duration are small quality of life things, not worth going so far out for just that. It's also more worth it to reach out for doom cast or trickery first.
I've been trying the 4-curse variant and it offers good clearing speed, as well as decent control with 6 totems triggering Knockback. I found going with Multiple Totems made a real difference with the knockback effect.

However the build seriously lacks defense/mitigation for some of the stronger bosses and projectiles. I tried decoy totems on Baran (at awakening level 5) who nuked me first (one shot 5.2K hp + 1.2es with max res of course) then nuked the decoy totem, twice in a row.

I was able to cram in Aspect of the Spider with this shield:

I tried using Enfeeble instead of Assassin's Mark but then DPS takes a noticeable dip. Not sure what else to do at this point to make the build viable for end game.
"
Ohtee wrote:
I've been trying the 4-curse variant and it offers good clearing speed, as well as decent control with 6 totems triggering Knockback. I found going with Multiple Totems made a real difference with the knockback effect.

However the build seriously lacks defense/mitigation for some of the stronger bosses and projectiles. I tried decoy totems on Baran (at awakening level 5) who nuked me first (one shot 5.2K hp + 1.2es with max res of course) then nuked the decoy totem, twice in a row.

I was able to cram in Aspect of the Spider with this shield:

I tried using Enfeeble instead of Assassin's Mark but then DPS takes a noticeable dip. Not sure what else to do at this point to make the build viable for end game.

Defense is indeed a bother....I'm quad cursing at 5.4K life and 1.7K ES, can roll all the regular content but the atlas-exiles and strong metamorphs kill me regularly.

Moved back to using Multiple Totems (thx for the tip) and that helps. Frost Wall is also a godsend.

Not much improvement coming with further levels:
- Boot 120% crit enchant - waiting for easy lab
- Awakened Controlled Destruction for 10% increased Cast Speed
- Gems to 21/23
- 1 more Jewel
- a few life nodes
- Dying Sun for improved crowd control - have so much ele pen with curses and ascendancies that Wise Oak does not really help
- and when I really get into the money - +to gems corrupted items and the like

But in the end I doubt whether this build is viable for HC or lvl 95 or higher on SC.
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Dec 28, 2019, 7:30:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info