[3.6] Lyxara's Winter Orb Elementalist non-crit Guide

i have a question. what would be the best non resistance mod i can get from the bench if i have gloves that already have:

maximum life
cold res
lightning res
% increased armour
% stun recovery
increased damage with hits against chilled enemys
is (Weapon) Doryani's Catalyst good ?
"
Son_Of_God wrote:
is (Weapon) Doryani's Catalyst good ?

Very. It's not BiS by any means (you can get a fair bit more damage and we don't get much from the crit), but it makes you a lot beefier with the extra leech and it does a ton of damage.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
I crafted this yesterday and what i should craft in the other hand?
what is the best präfix / Suffix for multimodded warlords mark ring?
It seems like Dying Sun & Solstice Vigil are being used mostly.

Guide is outdated.
Not rly - dying sun isn't needed - i would say it's useless and it's better for you if you take defensive flask like quartz or cinderswallow for dps boost.
And Solstice Vigil is nice for defense, but it's weaker(-33k DPS in my PoB) and also cheaper - 1/2 the price compared to pandemonius.
I never understood why is Shaper Sambar Scepter "BiS" - base is expensive(over 2ex on SC now) and it's not the strongest weapon anyway. You can craft on different base that cost around 20c and get 2k dps more anyway. :D

I already killed 3 uber elders and other stuff - I'm not that skilled so first uber elder i failed and second killed me 4times, third was deathless.

Gear:
Spoiler

Today I'm gonna craft a wand and after that if I manage to sell Watcher's Eye I get some divenes to get better rolls. LAB enchant would be cool too :(
"
nexro wrote:
Not rly - dying sun isn't needed - i would say it's useless and it's better for you if you take defensive flask like quartz or cinderswallow for dps boost.
And Solstice Vigil is nice for defense, but it's weaker(-33k DPS in my PoB) and also cheaper - 1/2 the price compared to pandemonius.
I never understood why is Shaper Sambar Scepter "BiS" - base is expensive(over 2ex on SC now) and it's not the strongest weapon anyway. You can craft on different base that cost around 20c and get 2k dps more anyway. :D

I already killed 3 uber elders and other stuff - I'm not that skilled so first uber elder i failed and second killed me 4times, third was deathless.

Gear:
Spoiler

Today I'm gonna craft a wand and after that if I manage to sell Watcher's Eye I get some divenes to get better rolls. LAB enchant would be cool too :(

Can you post your wand after you craft it? I recently respecced to this build and have fairly budget gear at the moment, but I love the Winter Orb playstyle (way more enjoyable than Storm Brand in my opinion) and plan to min/max.

What base would you recommend crafting with?

"
zshane1125 wrote:

Guide is outdated.

I don't think this makes the guide out-dated. You should always assume that flasks are down to personal taste - of course Dying Sun works well for a Winter Orb build, it's projectile-based. Guides will always suggest certain flasks to use, it's up to you to decide which you need/want. (Unless it's a Pathfinder build then I would pay close attention to what's suggested because a lot of your power will come from those flasks.)
"
CadmiumFlow wrote:
"
nexro wrote:

Gear:
Spoiler

Can you post your wand after you craft it? I recently respecced to this build and have fairly budget gear at the moment, but I love the Winter Orb playstyle (way more enjoyable than Storm Brand in my opinion) and plan to min/max.

What base would you recommend crafting with?

"
zshane1125 wrote:

Guide is outdated.

I don't think this makes the guide out-dated. You should always assume that flasks are down to personal taste - of course Dying Sun works well for a Winter Orb build, it's projectile-based. Guides will always suggest certain flasks to use, it's up to you to decide which you need/want. (Unless it's a Pathfinder build then I would pay close attention to what's suggested because a lot of your power will come from those flasks.)

Honestly I get fed up trying to triple balance res for wise oak that'd ultimately limited by gear choice, so I just swap it out for Dying Sun as soon as I got the money.

Not only big dps boost, it also provide so much overcapped fire res that makes Phoenix which lass dangerous , plus more area of effect :) Just alot of qol compare to having to think of ways to triple balance the res :P
Last edited by mic01851165 on Mar 20, 2019, 2:29:46 PM
Would someone be able to help me with a trade search for a weapon? Struggling to create one.

I'm either looking at spending
1. max 50c for a budget weapon (until I have currency for better)
2. several exalt for a weapon I won't replace.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info